fury reforging for spine hc.

90 Pandaren Warrior
should i go for full mastery/crit or more like mastery/hit. cause hit might make the bursting easier with the rage regen and enrage procs.
Reply Quote
90 Human Warlock
Mastery/Crit favouring mastery. You don't need expertise either as Tendons cannot dodge/parry.
Reply Quote
85 Orc Shaman
Depends what your raid needs you to do. The tendon burst isn't as important as before since the nerfs. If you want to simply maximize your tendon damage, as Gas said, go full out mastery>crit.

Mainly though crit>mastery greaterorequal hit is what most people do nowadays from what I've seen. Since the mastery build can be susceptible to low rage situations and because DW won't be up for every pop for what that build was intended for.

ur cd usage will be something like
1st Plate:
1st Tendon - DW+Reck+Skull+IR
2nd Tendon - Skull+IR

2nd Plate:
1st Tendon - DW+Reck+Skull+IR
2nd Tendon - Skull+IR

and ye drop All the Expertise you can for maximizing dmg on tendon.
Edited by Kensin on 01/03/2012 15:52 GMT
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Warrior
atm i lack the good weapons for insane mastery, but i think 13 mastery will do fine till now
Reply Quote
85 Worgen Warrior
I'm basically reforging out of a lot of expertise, keeping my mastery close to 13, and focusing on hit and crit my self. I want to bring juice numbers for the tendron, without gimping my dmg for the rest of the fight. Getting a little higher chance on hitting stuff with BT to easy out the healing intensity to my best ability, seing how intensive it can become, especially at the last plate.
Reply Quote
85 Undead Warrior
I tried a lot of different reforges funny enough i pulled the highest with Hit/Mastery reforge.

I pretty much completely reforged out of crit.

Sorta useless stat there since You will always have Reck or the Ultraxion Trinket for a tendeon.

Just get a addon to show you the ICDs so you can stop dpsing the add intime before your trinket procs.
Reply Quote
85 Orc Shaman
I tried a lot of different reforges funny enough i pulled the highest with Hit/Mastery reforge.

I pretty much completely reforged out of crit.

Sorta useless stat there since You will always have Reck or the Ultraxion Trinket for a tendeon.

Just get a addon to show you the ICDs so you can stop dpsing the add intime before your trinket procs.

Useless stat? Are you meaning to say that you are somehow crit capping with Creche ? Cause that would have to be the case to warrant reforging out of crit. You won't have DW for every tendon, so Crit would be more useful than mastery imo.

Also afaik noone uses Creche for this boss. Eye/Skull is much more reliable. Not every raid is going to have the same dps and kill stuff at the same speed, so as to have creche line up with other tendon, and you might in that scenerio just need to sit around and do nothing.
Edited by Kensin on 02/03/2012 09:26 GMT
Reply Quote
85 Undead Warrior
Useless stat? Are you meaning to say that you are somehow crit capping with Creche ? Cause that would have to be the case to warrant reforging out of crit. You won't have DW for every tendon, so Crit would be more useful than mastery imo.

Also afaik noone uses Creche for this boss. Eye/Skull is much more reliable. Not every raid is going to have the same dps and kill stuff at the same speed, so as to have creche line up with other tendon, and you might in that scenerio just need to sit around and do nothing.

Never claimed to be crit capped nor do i need to be for 22 sec of burst while the trinkets proc is 20 sec duration. If you wanna use it or not thats up to you. I'm just saying i had better results with it since when i checked most of my abilitys did crit anyway even with the heavy hit/mastery reforge.

Tough to be fair last night kinda screwed me up. With the 10% nerf i couldnt have reck for every new tendeon wich was pretty annoying. Might have to rethink some reforges for that.
Edited by Lanaii on 02/03/2012 09:35 GMT
Reply Quote
85 Orc Shaman
I didn't say you claimed to be crit capped with Creche since it is obviously impossible w/o reck+creche. I just didn't understand the reasoning behind crit being useless.
Reply Quote
85 Worgen Warrior
what he is trying to say though, is that reck will make crits happen, even if you don't have any crit on your gear at all. Same with the trinket. the crits generated will be sufficient, as mastery pulls WAY ahead of crit with DW up. its actually pretty damn close to strenght, if not higher. Hit is also needed to keep enrage up, and rage income. Sure you can argue that crit indirectly increases your rage income, though with reck up flurry will be up on a high % basis (please don't mention freak cases). You can never completetly reforge out of crit, so some will be there, I would assume 15ish % (pulled the numbers out of my behind here, but you get the idea). With skull pop without reck I would asume it would still be up more often, than not (flurry that is). I totally see the reasoning of a high hit/mastery build.

All in all, think before you talk (this is heroic spine, not your every day bossfight).
Edited by Frewt on 02/03/2012 17:13 GMT
Reply Quote
85 Orc Warrior
I have a question.. is SPine the only place where u can drop expertise, i recall seeing that on madness its doable too, is that correct??..

and would it be a bonus to max mastery on madness for the spellweave effect?
Reply Quote
85 Orc Shaman
what he is trying to say though, is that reck will make crits happen, even if you don't have any crit on your gear at all. Same with the trinket. the crits generated will be sufficient, as mastery pulls WAY ahead of crit with DW up. its actually pretty damn close to strenght, if not higher. Hit is also needed to keep enrage up, and rage income. Sure you can argue that crit indirectly increases your rage income, though with reck up flurry will be up on a high % basis (please don't mention freak cases). You can never completetly reforge out of crit, so some will be there, I would assume 15ish % (pulled the numbers out of my behind here, but you get the idea). With skull pop without reck I would asume it would still be up more often, than not (flurry that is). I totally see the reasoning of a high hit/mastery build.

Well, I haven't actually done this fight myself but from what I've read most people aren't maxing out mastery on this fight any more, hence my comment. 15% nerf on top 10% nerf, burst isn't an issue for most people these days.

02/03/2012 17:09Posted by Frewt
All in all, think before you talk

I'll do my best next time and make you proud!

02/03/2012 17:09Posted by Frewt
this is heroic spine

You don't say?
Reply Quote
90 Worgen Warrior
07/03/2012 08:06Posted by Stifl
and would it be a bonus to max mastery on madness for the spellweave effect?

Why would Mastery influence Spellweave in any way?
Reply Quote
85 Orc Warrior
more mastery more Soo, means more spellweave.. read it on mmo, just trying to find out if its true.. just wanna find out how to maximize the spellweave effect and can it be done with more mastery, less crit/xp
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]