Missing the old ways.

100 Human Paladin
I was talking to my friends about our classes back in the day and many prefer how their class plays atm than what it used to be but im always left thinking i prefered the old days.

Back before tbc retri and prot was kinda useless, with judgement stripping you of your seal and ur seals only lasting 30seconds was kinda bad but i still prefered that to what we got now. True we had no proper damaging moves (not even CS) but if you beat someone you always felt amazing after cos it was so hard to beat someone and you needed skill to do so.

TBC was much better, the start of retri being born and prot being useful. This was the time i loved. Healing was fun and hard work and retri was amazing, you picked between wings or your bubble or lay on hands, good times. Oh and also the instant flash of light (back when fol was the little heal) was great.

WOTLK again was great had more spells and hard exocism being thrown into the mix which gave it a nice twist and healing again was fun.

Then cata..... oh dear god. The death of shockadins, the death of skill and the death of fun. I hate the RNG based fights. No damage until you pop your cds or when everything starts flashing. Its silly, we are the only class which goes from amazing dps to nothing over 12seconds.

The reason im posting this isnt to moan about how cata has made me become an altaholic trying to find something like retri pallys back in the day but more who else feels the same?

Whats bugging you about your class/spec and what would you like different? Then just maybe.... MAYBE blizzard will see this and change pallys to be a bit more reliable in a fight.
Reply Quote
85 Human Paladin
02/03/2012 15:25Posted by Antioc
True we had no proper damaging moves (not even CS) but if you beat someone you always felt amazing after cos it was so hard to beat someone and you needed skill to do so.

Or! u could have always speced Holy and beaten 99% of the classes.

TBC was much better, the start of retri being born

Actually, no, Ret was still crap, worst on dmg, by far, fighting the tanks on the dmg meters, in pvp u could only play w/ a Warrior and Resto Shaman hoping that WF procs and u and the Warrior global something. (So once again, that was cos of the Shaman, not u).

Healing was fun and hard work and retri was amazing

Ir ur talking about the patch before Wotlk, then u cant credit this to TBC... as well,

Oh and also the instant flash of light

U mean the Art of War talent? I am 99% sure that came with Wotlk talents, once again, not TBC.

Imo, Wotlk was the start of Ret Paladins, everything that came before was just... lol.

Cata as well started as a VERY retarded Expansion for Ret, and gotta be honest, well into Cata we were piss poor, even now we are not special, but a solid Ret can still make it work, turn things to his advantage and find more then 1 combo that works. Not as good as Wotlk imo, but some things (Like the Holy Power Bar, the new Cleanse mechanic, the Off and deff combo that we have now and a whole load of other things) are much better now.

As far as I can see, MoP will rly be Paladin friendly if things like they r now stick and dont get changed.
Reply Quote
90 Undead Warlock
True we had no proper damaging moves (not even CS) but if you beat someone you always felt amazing after cos it was so hard to beat someone and you needed skill to do so.

SoC procs = skill right?
Reply Quote
85 Human Paladin
Wrath was the best state of Paladins byfar, it was actually fun to play, Holy was rewarding and Ret in PvP was fun but somewhat frustrating when you didn't crit.
Reply Quote
85 Human Paladin
So wait, your friends want to go back to seal twisting and buff botting?
Reply Quote
85 Blood Elf Paladin
TBC was much better, the start of retri being born and prot being useful.

The start yes, better no. Use a seal, judge it, re-apply seal 3 GCD used for one attack.

WOTLK again was great had more spells and hard exocism being thrown into the mix which gave it a nice twist and healing again was fun.

I liked WOTLK but I have grown to REALLY enjoy Holy Power

Then cata..... oh dear god. The death of shockadins, the death of skill and the death of fun. I hate the RNG based fights. No damage until you pop your cds or when everything starts flashing. Its silly, we are the only class which goes from amazing dps to nothing over 12seconds.

T13 has fixed our dps a good bit, I see myself topping charts easily now and performing great in raids. Although I wish shockadin was a proper supported spec =/ I was a shockadin in TBC.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Priest
Lol in WtolK paladin was way too op you can even beat people with only one macro ... ofc you will miss old days u slacker.
Reply Quote
Back before tbc retri and prot was kinda useless, with judgement stripping you of your seal and ur seals only lasting 30seconds was kinda bad but i still prefered that to what we got now.

In Vanilla, the Paladin combat style consisted of walking into combat, makign sure auto-attack was on and then browsing the net while you slowly killed your target.

It was fun in its way...but it wasn't playing the game.

With TBC and LK the class got new tools. The main difference between then and now is the system was put together better. It was worse...but it flowed and worked together far better. It was more coherent.

The Paladin in Cataclysm has a lot of band aid fixes and hodgepodge mechanics that really don't work well together, even in the current end game. And it is noticeable. Its much better now than it was at the start and some of the problems have been addressed, even if only to a minor degree, but that lack of flow is still there.

There are reasons for the this...the lack of a suitable toolkit, the poor mechanics and design, the contradtictory vision for the class and so on. And unfortunately, it appears this will be the model Blizzard will be adopting for MoP.

EJL
Reply Quote
85 Blood Elf Paladin
I miss the old days when u could have killed both mages and rogues since their defences were not higher than ours...
Reply Quote
100 Blood Elf Paladin
Bubble hearth was taken from us!
Reply Quote
85 Blood Elf Death Knight
Paladins have never been able to kill mages.
Reply Quote
100 Tauren Paladin
09/03/2012 10:56Posted by Bakaranger
Bubble hearth was taken from us!

Would've been useless in the current state of the game, anyway, since world pvp is long dead. :P
Reply Quote
85 Human Paladin
07/03/2012 15:02Posted by Adaron
Lol in WtolK paladin was way too op you can even beat people with only one macro ... ofc you will miss old days u slacker.

i would like to see this macro
Reply Quote
85 Human Paladin
09/03/2012 13:52Posted by Bínto

i would like to see this macro

/castsequence Avenging Wrath, Crusader Stike, Divine Storm, Judgement, Consecration was one.
/castsequence Divien Shield, Flash of Light, Sacred Shield

They're ofcourse not correctly spelled or done but those kind of macros actually worked.
Reply Quote
90 Tauren Paladin
I was talking to my friends about our classes back in the day and many prefer how their class plays atm than what it used to be but im always left thinking i prefered the old days.

Back before tbc retri and prot was kinda useless, with judgement stripping you of your seal and ur seals only lasting 30seconds was kinda bad but i still prefered that to what we got now. True we had no proper damaging moves (not even CS) but if you beat someone you always felt amazing after cos it was so hard to beat someone and you needed skill to do so.

TBC was much better, the start of retri being born and prot being useful. This was the time i loved. Healing was fun and hard work and retri was amazing, you picked between wings or your bubble or lay on hands, good times. Oh and also the instant flash of light (back when fol was the little heal) was great.

The reason im posting this isnt to moan about how cata has made me become an altaholic trying to find something like retri pallys back in the day but more who else feels the same?

Whats bugging you about your class/spec and what would you like different? Then just maybe.... MAYBE blizzard will see this and change pallys to be a bit more reliable in a fight.

i totaly agree m8 i miss the old ways also what i miss the most is Seal of command and the flash of light heal it was not much but it was always awesome to get but its all gone we are now bound to to wait for the stuff to pop up jeeujj
Reply Quote
89 Human Paladin
uhm.

SoC in ret and vengeance, 4 point in holy for uninteruptable heal and rest in prot for reck.
Also known as the reckbomb spec.

I honestly loved it.

Anyways, wanna see old school?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EjLkx8_RuSQ Loke who won the initial PvP contest when released gaining that epicly unique tabard.

Also:
Zalgradis.

Worth mentioning Grim (rogue)
Pat
Hulksmash
Maydie
Laintime
at the top of my head.
Reply Quote
85 Undead Priest
I hated WOTLK paladins. It was called a faceroll class for a reason. The skill cap between a pro and a noob was so small. You could basically not know !@#$ about your rotation and still almost do the same dps as someone who did.

You did not get punished at all for doing something wrong when it came to rotation and don't get me started on TBC rets :S

Edit - This comes to mind: http://img310.imageshack.us/img310/2584/paladins0gf.jpg
Edited by Smitelol on 14/03/2012 05:09 GMT
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]