shammy priest healing!

78 Human Paladin
hey i got hard time to decide priest or shammy for raid and pvp healing which would be better as i heard priest can go fast oom but shamans not,both as i heard is fun but what would be easier to control mana and throw nice heals and what i more needed wanted to raids?
Reply Quote
90 Troll Shaman
You can oom quite easily as a shaman aswell. If you send a lot of time dispelling and quick healing then you drain quite quick. I really enjoy healing a bg from now and then tho, and I'm quite good at it (few deaths, top healing, etc) and I like having instant ghost wolf to get out of snares. It makes it easy to kite and such.

Added: I think priests are more wanted for PvE content, but that's generally because very few play resto shamans and are good at it.
Edited by Avá on 03/03/2012 16:40 GMT
Reply Quote
100 Troll Shaman
A shaman can burn through mana pretty fast, but can also regain it pretty fast during quiet periods. Most of the time it's a balancing act where being aggressive pays off: you cast your most powerful spells, then spend a few seconds regenerating mana with Lightning Bolt. Since many of our best spells (ES, HR, RT) aren't spamable anyway, you can keep your HPS high while still keeping your mana steady with Lightning Bolts.

For more intense phases you can go all-out healing, as long as you get a chance to catch up later. Our mana is limited primarily by how much time we have to cast LB, not by cooldowns or passive regeneration.
Reply Quote
85 Goblin Shaman
I have both shaman and priest at 85. Also a Paladin. And I enjoy Priest heling the most. Feels like if you want to heal a priest is viable for everything. Holy for AoE healing, Disc single target. You can do everything.
Reply Quote
78 Human Paladin
gosh i really cant make my mind it really comes to this wich1 have bigger survaiability and is moree needed in raids dungs and pvp
Reply Quote
85 Human Priest
Just to throw a point for shaman, they are rlly good because of one talent called Tridal Waves. Don't u think it plays a big role in shaman healing?

gosh i really cant make my mind it really comes to this wich1 have bigger survaiability and is moree needed in raids dungs and pvp

3rd thread with the exact same reply :D
Reply Quote
78 Human Paladin
:D needmuch opinions :P
Reply Quote
85 Goblin Shaman
no healer is really needed everywhere. All are viable and does their job well If you play your class right. But I much prefer Disc healing to all other healing speccs. Come mop I am gonna try that out, becuse i like the ide of healing with dmg dealing.
Reply Quote
90 Troll Shaman
I think a lot of people pref classes like druids or priests since their AMAZING healing cds. Compare slink (aprox 100k) vs tranq (aprox 500k) and hymn which I don't have the number of in my head.. Slink being a quite short range while hymn/tranq aren't affected by range as much.
Reply Quote
78 Human Paladin
ouh its so hard to decide hmmm !
Reply Quote
85 Dwarf Shaman
04/03/2012 09:55Posted by Sanzul
A shaman can burn through mana pretty fast, but can also regain it pretty fast during quiet periods.

Thank you for your relentless TC-advocating btw, it made me end all fights on 100% mana yesterday, except Even Morchok - and that one only because I screwed up the positioning the second Black Blood.
It's nice to be able to spam GHW full on out. ^_^
Reply Quote
90 Troll Shaman
it's better to heal as a shammie cause we have totems n shield orbs n stuff like this and we look better in transmog and we can be a wolf.
Reply Quote
05/03/2012 11:45Posted by Restosexual
it's better to heal as a shammie cause we have totems n shield orbs n stuff like this and we look better in transmog and we can be a wolf.

This...
Reply Quote
05/03/2012 09:58Posted by Avá
I think a lot of people pref classes like druids or priests since their AMAZING healing cds. Compare slink (aprox 100k) vs tranq (aprox 500k) and hymn which I don't have the number of in my head.. Slink being a quite short range while hymn/tranq aren't affected by range as much.

Keep in mind that Spirit Link saves lives, while tranq and hymn only gives some insane healing. Shamans are probably the best lifesavers of all the healers. While their healing cds might not be as good when it comes to healing trough heavy dmg phases, it really is an insane lifesaver.
Reply Quote
90 Troll Shaman
15/03/2012 00:31Posted by Kadasho

Keep in mind that Spirit Link saves lives, while tranq and hymn only gives some insane healing. Shamans are probably the best lifesavers of all the healers. While their healing cds might not be as good when it comes to healing trough heavy dmg phases, it really is an insane lifesaver.

Oh yes, very much so. Slink is a true lifesaviour indeed. But many people who are not used to r-shamans but are more known to druids or priests will favor them since of their high hps and CDs. There is also not that many good r-shamans I've seen around and if that's cuz people don't like the class/specc of if other healers are favored over them, I do not know.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]