[Gilnean RP] <The Order of the Crow>

(Locked)

MVP - WoW, StarCraft II
85 Worgen Druid
"The Forsaken think we're weak, a broken people. They think we'll roll over like a scared dog... how wrong they are. We will fight them in the fields until the last trench collapses and the last cannon is silenced. We will fight them on the streets until the last shot is fired, and when there is no more ammunition, we'll crush their skulls with the stones that pave our city. We will fight them in the alleys until our knuckles are skinned and bloodied, and our rapiers lay on the ground, shattered. And if we find ourselves surrounded and disarmed, wounded and without hope; we will lift our heads in defiance and spit in their faces. But we will never surrender! FOR GILNEAS!" - Prince Liam Greymane

The Gilnean people have endured much over the last few decades, yet the most bitter and tragic blow is without a shred of doubt the siege of our beloved kingdom. Even now, the vile forsaken and their wretched allies desecrate our homes and even our people! Yet all hope is not lost, for our new allies allow for room to regroup and eventually take back what is rightfully ours.

Gilneas shall be reclaimed and in the aftermath of this war it shall emerge stronger than ever before; securing her rightful place as the true jewel of the northern kingdoms! Yet this is not a feat that will be accomplished easily. We must ensure that the interests of our homeland are furthered throughout Azeroth, so that a strong foothold can be established amongst our allies. With this in mind, I have forged an order to accomplish these goals: the Order of the Crow.
- Sir Caelheim Mirelane

OOC:

Hello there,

I'm hoping I won't be too long winded so I shall try and keep things short and to the point! Simply put, we're a guild devoted to expanding the interests of Gilneas when and where it makes sense to do so. Surwich will be one of our main bases of operation, though there will be a lot of travelling and interacting with other organisations and individuals in order to forge friendships, allies and of course spawn rivalries and enemies!

We'll be open for some RP-PVP from time to time, though it won't be our main focus. We want to show that there's more to the northern kingdoms than simply fighting the forsaken day in and day out. We may be displaced as a people, but that doesn't mean we're going to stand idle!

Since we shall be going for a very deep Gilnean theme, we expect all guild members to be prepared to dress appropriately. For inspiration, feel free to look at the typical attire and style of the various Gilnean NPC's present in the game world. In regards to mounts, we would strongly prefer guild members to ride the Gilnean steeds that can be purchased from the Gilnean stable master in Darnassus. We do not oppose the use of our racial ability 'running wild' as an alternative!

The next post contains more details about our stances on various matters of roleplay and the recruitment.
Edited by Danellos on 03/03/2012 18:18 GMT
MVP - WoW, StarCraft II
85 Worgen Druid
    Our stance on...

Feral worgen:
Generally speaking, we view maddened feral worgen as little more than rabid strays that have become a liability to the rest of Azeroth. As a result, we have no interest in recruiting them and will take a hostile stance if we happen to encounter them.

Lordaeron:
We tend to view Lordaeron as the pitiful nation that got Gilneas in the mess it is in today thanks to the misguided mercy displayed towards the orcs by Terenas Menethil. Whilst many Lordaeron folk blame us for abandoning them in the past, we stand firmly behind Genn Greymane's original stance upon the nation. The potential for inner faction tension will be brilliant, we think!

"Damn the orcs, damn the Alliance, and damn you! The last thing Gilneas needs is sponges from other nations drawing from our resources, Dalaran wizards meddling with our affairs, and someone else's enemies killing our soldiers! Gilneas is its own nation and it always will be. This is the last time I'll ever talk to you, Terenas, so I hope you were listening." - King Genn Greymane

The Alliance:
Although we have rejoined the Alliance, we're still finding our feet and are intent to carve a future for Gilneas above all else. We have come to forge strong friendships with the night elven people in light of recent events, and feel that Kalimdor may very well hold a lot of potential for Gilnean folk in the future...

Recruitment

After much thought and debate, recruitment is subject to the limitations presented within this very paragraph. Bar a couple of exceptions that will be outlined shortly, we are limiting recruitment to humans and worgen of Gilnean origin. In addition, we are recruiting every class except for death knights; who we feel are too reminiscent of the very beings which destroyed much of our character's beloved home land in the first place!

We will allow a couple of ambassadors from other races to join, however. Such a role will be limited to one ambassador per ten Gilnean guild members to prevent bloating. For elaboration on what is expected of this role, please check out the 'Ambassador' role within the ranks and titles section below!

We need people to be level 20 and above due to the mounts.

Guild Rules

Also read here: http://www.orderofthecrow.com/guild-matters/code-of-conduct

We expect every member to behave in a reasonable and mature manner both in the game and whilst posting on the forum; following the official terms of service to the very best of their abilities. Since we all slip up from time to time, a guild kick will only ever be given in extreme circumstances depending upon the severity of the situation and past track record.

In regards to inactivity, we expect all guild members to give some notice if they are set to depart for more than a week's time. We are well aware that real life can throw unexpected circumstances at us, however - so if we do end up kicking you for not logging on for an extended period of time; you are very welcome to rejoin if an appropriate reason for the extended absence is given.

We also expect our members to value the immersion of their fellow role-players and keep their character concepts reasonable; lining up well with the canon lore of the setting.

Other information:

Guild website:
http://www.orderofthecrow.com/

How to Apply (NB!):
There are two ways:

1) Either you can approach us in character, and then we interview you and then accept you if you suite what we are looking for,

2) OR, you can use the website application system as described here:
http://www.orderofthecrow.com/blog/ooc-affairs/12-how-to-apply
If you are accepted from there, we'll accept you IC.

Information about our ranks can be found here:
http://www.orderofthecrow.com/blog/ooc-affairs/8-ranks-and-titles

Contact Aerocus for more information. :)
Edited by Danellos on 31/03/2012 19:54 BST
MVP - WoW, StarCraft II
85 Worgen Druid
Hi again guys,

I am posting here to inform everyone of some drastic changes that have been made OOC, and will be made IC very soon.

First of all, we have transferred leadership of the guild to Aerocus. OOC I am the absolute leader of the guild on a stray night elf alt. But as from Monday onwards, Aerocus shall be the patriarch of the Order IC. He'll also be selecting some new advisors of his own pretty soon.

Danellos will be migrating back to the Dragonblight realm soon. I am leaving his IC fate up in the air until further notice, and will be doing PVE raiding with him until MoP comes. When MoP comes, I might bring him back here to clarify his fate for those that know him.

Caelheim/Calthric/Arathyrion is no longer actively roleplaying on Argent Dawn. His reasons are mainly due to real-life issues which have no relevance here, and as such, you'll not be seeing him around for a long time.

This character will be joining the order IC'ly very soon, and I intend to roleplay with it. So I will still be around in the guild with either this, or my stray night elf alt.
Edited by Danellos on 01/04/2012 18:23 BST
85 Undead Death Knight
Oh, this looks splendid.
90 Blood Elf Paladin
I approve!

I shall join you when I've leveled my worgen up more!
So gonna at least apply to join this guild.

Quick question, while I may feel my current attire is appropriate (otherwise I wouldn't use it), would you gentlemen agree? Or should I jump on modelviewer and make myself a different, darker set?
Edited by Astaer on 03/03/2012 18:56 GMT
I am going to request membership aswell later! This looks excellent! Bump for my approval!
85 Worgen Warlock
Thanks for the support - it's certainly appreciated!

@Astaer: I have no issue with it. It fits well with the colours used by the Gilnean tabard, after all!
Edited by Caelheim on 03/03/2012 19:03 GMT
MVP - WoW, StarCraft II
85 Worgen Druid
03/03/2012 18:35Posted by Eyil

It takes 4-8 hours to get to level 20. Maybe less with heirlooms in a perk guild. So chop chop Eyil! ;p
90 Blood Elf Paladin
03/03/2012 20:33Posted by Danellos

It takes 4-8 hours to get to level 20. Maybe less with heirlooms in a perk guild. So chop chop Eyil! ;p

Yes sir :(
85 Worgen Warlock
Word has begun to spread about the Order of the Crow, with rumours suggesting that Sir Caelheim Mirelane has begun to rally his fellow Gilneans within the settlement of Surwich.

---

We'll be located in and around Surwich for the coming week or so, and Gilneans of all walks of life are welcome to offer their aid in forging a future for our people! Whether your character is a blacksmith, cook or priestess of the Light...so long as they're heart and interests rest in Gilnean affairs, they'd be very welcome!

I'll happily offer a lift in my mechano-hog for any low level players who wish to get to Surwich.
Edited by Caelheim on 03/03/2012 23:03 GMT
100 Human Death Knight
I have a Gilnean Druid of the Harvest which may be interested in this. Tho I am not certain if I can be extremely active or not.

Anyhow goodluck with this!
85 Night Elf Hunter
Ive never been to keen on Gilnean RP to be honest, quite honestly many things have put me off the whole idea, that being said however this thread does suggest your guild is actually quite well thought out and with that in mind I might be more tempted to check it out should I ever get room to make a puppy character.

I do however have a Night Elf Druid, now since your going to be Worgen and Human only I know I can't really join but would It be cool if I came and checked out whats going down from said char? if all goes well I guess I could always level a Worgen after.
MVP - WoW, StarCraft II
85 Worgen Druid
Have answered you in-game Kalaryia. :)
90 Goblin Rogue
Looks most interesting and most promising. Look forward to roleplaying with you. And this new guild deserves to be on the first page for more than a couple of hours.
96 Draenei Warrior
Will you guys be attending Keel market?
MVP - WoW, StarCraft II
85 Worgen Druid
04/03/2012 08:55Posted by Marcaidius
Will you guys be attending Keel market?

I will talk to Caelheim about this, but its unlikely that we'd attend as a guild.
Edited by Danellos on 04/03/2012 09:43 GMT
85 Undead Death Knight
A new age has dawned for Gilnean Rp! :P
85 Worgen Rogue
I was wondering, are you perhaps in need of members of a council/nobles?

Also, Victor was born in Pyrewood Villiage, just outside of Gilneas. Before The Greymane Wall was built, Pyrewood Villiage was part of Gilneas, so would Victor be able to still join?

Oh, and since he was born in Pyrewood, this means he isan't a 'Greymane' Worgen, he is a 'Moonrage' Worgen, meaning he keeps his mind whilst as the beast, yet has no control over when he transforms (which is at 8:00pm server time)
Edited by Drowon on 04/03/2012 10:56 GMT
40 Human Hunter
Bump for us! Get that damned rank list here, Dan!
This thread is locked.

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]