Putting LFR loot into perspective.

90 Human Priest
So I can reward the lazy people who are too lazy to go and get a job, too busy sitting on streets asking for money. Also, I don't know about other countries, but here in the UK, they let scum like that have free houses, with all of their bills paid, and give them extra money on top to find houses.

Valor point items....DS normal....BoEs.... The world doesn't end when you don't win a piece of LFR loot.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Priest
http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/forum/topic/3388951345
Reply Quote
85 Blood Elf Paladin
05/03/2012 13:16Posted by Cheeseberry
http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/forum/topic/3388951345

There's a good reason it's so highly rated. :) Nice read, but I still doubt it'll keep the whiners at bay. After all, it keeps them happy.

Before LFR, the whiners whined that they couldn't practise their healing/dps ect because serious RLs wouldn't let them join their group.

Now LFR is here, they are no longer concerned about this and are intent on being greedy loot !@#$%s (which most guilds frown apon, btw).

If they change LFR, they will still find some little flaw to complain about.
Reply Quote
90 Human Priest
05/03/2012 12:56Posted by Tríxxi
I was there doing 90k hps

http://www.worldoflogs.com/rankings/players/Dragon_Soul/hps/
you are telling us the truth obviously
Reply Quote
90 Orc Warrior
05/03/2012 13:23Posted by Tríxxi
intent on being greedy loot !@#$%s (which most guilds frown apon, btw).

coming from someone who just admitted to needing on things at will, i just don't even know what to say bro Oo

and the conclusions reached in that linked thread (linking your own thread ftw) are false.
Reply Quote
90 Draenei Shaman
I'm kinda drunk atm, so it ain't gonna make 100% sense, but I think it matters and I didn't see it anywhere said yet so I'm saing it.

Such reasonings make sense as long as you consider loot as an reward ONLY. Unless you suffer from some pshyhological condition that makes you immune to other people's feelings, you should have noticed that people claim gear as a GOAL (unless they pretend to be politically correct and say how much they value 'experience' over the 'loot' in guild applications lol).

Now, if gear is a 'goal' and not a 'reward', then, when you win it when already having better one (which is disputable, especially with all noobs in LFR), then it means you acheve nothing (unlesss you try to pretend that vendoired 50g means anything - I will (not) kindly laugh in your face then), as you already achieved 'a goal' before, but you made random player who didn't achieve it yet have to wait one week more (or even more) - Thus, the only result of your actions is making someone else screwed. That way you're getting labelled as 'antisocial', 'ninja' and so on.

inb4 flame, I'm just saing it, tell me 'what is gear' - a goal - or - a reward ??? Of coure provide with proper blue post or something to back your claims... I'm personally mind!@#$ed already with how I should treat loot in LFR... :(
Reply Quote
85 Blood Elf Paladin
http://www.worldoflogs.com/rankings/players/Dragon_Soul/hps/
you are telling us the truth obviously

Because WoL clearly is directly linked to all WoW logs, and even if I don't log it, it will still upload my HPS to WoL?

I don't need to boost my e-peen by logging LFR. But yes, if I had - apparently I would've been in the top 10. Are you jelly or something?
Reply Quote
85 Blood Elf Paladin
coming from someone who just admitted to needing on things at will, i just don't even know what to say bro Oo

and the conclusions reached in that linked thread (linking your own thread ftw) are false.

Needing on things to prevent people who don't deserve loot and passing it to people who do. That isn't me being a loot !@#$%, it's just me being a ^-*!@ to people who are being boosted in LFR.

Oh, and if every person who shared the view of Cheeseberry was the same person - then there would be alot of Cheeseberrys atm. Did you post many times slating it too? On different characters?
Edited by Tríxxi on 05/03/2012 13:33 GMT
Reply Quote
90 Human Priest
05/03/2012 13:31Posted by Tríxxi
Because WoL clearly is directly linked to all WoW logs, and even if I don't log it, it will still upload my HPS to WoL?

Then congratulations to your incredible high healing, you should be recruited by some high-end guilds. Btw I did 120k on Ultraxion

05/03/2012 13:31Posted by Tríxxi
Are you jelly or something?

No, I've left this phase 20 years ago....hormones and all that kind of stuff, have you?
Reply Quote
90 Orc Warrior
05/03/2012 13:32Posted by Tríxxi
Needing on things to prevent people who don't deserve loot and passing it to people who do. That isn't me being a loot !@#$%, it's just me being a ^-*!@ to people who are being boosted in LFR.

but we all deserve the loot don't we? isn't that the basis of your first post? or do we change it to suit who you think should get the loot?
and yes indeed, without you i'm sure every group would fail. i wonder how i manage to get through lfr every week without you.

Oh, and if every person who shared the view of Cheeseberry was the same person - then there would be alot of Cheeseberrys atm. Did you post many times slating it too? On different characters?

or the whole idea is based on the 'fact' we all deserve the chance to roll on loot for whatever reason we want and we can do whatever we want to do with the loot if we win. yet the system prevents people from doing this, so how can that be true? oh sure you can keep saying it's true but that won't ever make it so.
Reply Quote
90 Draenei Shaman
people who don't deserve loot

But who deserves the loot? It sounds obvious for people who got a clue, but for any single of them there's like 10 of clueless ones who would win gear and give it to people who 'deserve' it, basing only on recount rank - doesnt matter it was achievend on things like not switching to a sigle add on Your'sahj, dpsing more that needed on spine, Being a multi-dot class on warmaster, and so on lol.
Reply Quote
85 Blood Elf Paladin
05/03/2012 13:39Posted by Daenna
Then congratulations to your incredible high healing, you should be recruited by some high-end guilds. Btw I did 120k on Ultraxion

Awesome? So why so doubtful of 90k? And I think you'll find I am in a high end guild. Just over 500th in the world. :) Damn those DW bugs.
Reply Quote
85 Blood Elf Paladin
but we all deserve the loot don't we? isn't that the basis of your first post? or do we change it to suit who you think should get the loot?
and yes indeed, without you i'm sure every group would fail. i wonder how i manage to get through lfr every week without you.

I understand how an incredibly small-minded person like yourself may find yourself at difficulty to understand this. But, I'll try.

Everyone has the RIGHT to roll. And this is fact, everyone who has the option of rolling. CAN roll.

Not everyone DESERVES to win. This is opinion. My opinion, your opinion. You Think I don't deserve to win because I have better gear, I think you don't deserve to win because you're one of the annoying people getting carried every week and getting rewarded for it.

Fact, opinion, fact, opinion. You will need to learn the difference outside of the game.

05/03/2012 13:42Posted by Qoo
But who deserves the loot? It sounds obvious for people who got a clue, but for any single of them there's like 10 of clueless ones who would win gear and give it to people who 'deserve' it, basing only on recount rank - doesnt matter it was achievend on things like not switching to a sigle add on Your'sahj, dpsing more that needed on spine, Being a multi-dot class on warmaster, and so on lol.

Being deserving on it doesn't mean how high you are on recount, because we all know that the higher you are, the more gear you likely have. But there is a point, when people have done what they're supposed to. In my earlier example, on ultraxion, the other healers clearly hadn't bothered to even open their dungeon journal. As I said, there were 4 crystals left. There are 6 placed down, and I took 2 of them. Which means between 5 healers, non of them even bothered, or were just afk.
Reply Quote
85 Blood Elf Paladin
05/03/2012 13:41Posted by Jimcroce
or the whole idea is based on the 'fact' we all deserve the chance to roll on loot for whatever reason we want and we can do whatever we want to do with the loot if we win. yet the system prevents people from doing this, so how can that be true? oh sure you can keep saying it's true but that won't ever make it so.

How is this prevented? As far as I'm aware, if I win a piece of loot, I can:
Trade it
Disenchant it
Wear it
Vendor it

I don't see how people are preventing people from doing whatever they like with loot, tbh.
Reply Quote
05/03/2012 13:50Posted by Tríxxi
Not everyone DESERVES to win. This is opinion. My opinion, your opinion. You Think I don't deserve to win because I have better gear, I think you don't deserve to win because you're one of the annoying people getting carried every week and getting rewarded for it.

I'd say it's not your gear rather your attitude that makes people not want you to "be rewarded".
Everyone contributes to the kill, some more and some less.
It's as if you and three other strangers are in a competition to row a boat together and you declare you deserve the gold medal because you were rowing the fastest and you tell those who were rowing the slowest they were being carried by you and the second fastest rower. So if you don't have any need for the gold medal yourself, you still want to decide who you feel deserves it the most, in this case, the one who was rowing second fastest. Does this mean the slower rowers contributed with nothing? No.
Reply Quote
85 Night Elf Druid
OP is trying to justify the act of being anti-social in what remains an MMO...
Reply Quote
85 Blood Elf Paladin
05/03/2012 14:12Posted by Rainyo

What's so anti-social about needing loot and passing it on to random pugs, or needing loot and passing it to friends/guildies?
Reply Quote
85 Troll Druid
But you could rent said house out for money therefore it actually has some use to you

winning a lower piece of gear which is NOT an upgrade (ie completing set bonus, better itemisation) just to vendor it or disenchant is not acceptable.

Rolling need on things for friends or to distribute to people who actually deserves loot is ok and I support that
Edited by Halaani on 05/03/2012 14:22 GMT
Reply Quote
20 Draenei Paladin
As I repeatedly say, the LFR gear should only be rolled on by people in heroic (410/416) gear. That way you know it's going to be used properly, even if for RP funs.
Reply Quote
90 Human Paladin
05/03/2012 14:17Posted by Tríxxi

What's so anti-social about needing loot and passing it on to random pugs, or needing loot and passing it to friends/guildies?

To random pugs oke even i do it i see ninja`s needing things away then i distrubte on my self watching rolls. So i roleld highest oh second highest has it already or higher il of it, oh but third doesn`t gave it to third. But friend/guild if they rolled lowest, NO.

Its lfr you are supposed to roll for yourself not for your friends. Thanks to the rolled for friend is the reason i still don`t have a damn helm so i can equip my bis shoulders as tank. Roled second highest..... but number 1 (didn`t nee dit himself anymore) gave it to roller 7 his irl firend:( after 13 weeks farming ds.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]