Clique's

(Locked)

18 Human Paladin
28/02/2012 10:55Posted by Iyokus
Recognise that past behaviour and actions have consequences and that reputations can linger. This is not a bad thing.

Exactly.

Fact is, speculations and rumors are not as big part of peoples daily lives that you seem to think, even with rumor checking a lot of people get accepted into guilds. Isn't it funny how most of the people doesn't seem to have any problems while there are few who have problems everywhere.

Warcraft is a game and the reputations you get here really don't matter that much, you move servers, change names and it's all gone. If you really want to start over then do exactly that, see if anything has changed, if people are more accepting of you. If you run into problems again then really the cause is you not other people.

Take this lesson into the real life, where reputations are not so easily cleaned. What you do and how you act matter a lot and it will mean that you will never ever be accepted by certain people. You can do nothing about it, you can not fix things with an apology and smile, it just won't happen. And others are not to blame for it, they have their own lives to live and they will rather just forget about you then put more stress on themselves trying to be nice towards you and see if you have changed.

Your behaviour matters and you can not fix some things. Accept it, live with it and try to do better next time.
81 Undead Priest
28/02/2012 10:52Posted by Gaebriel
Happiness of existing members -> all.

But if you don't give your members some sadness you can't give them happiness.
85 Human Mage
Agreed Gaeb, in the end..OOC is much more important than IC and guild without inner conflicts is a happy guild
81 Draenei Paladin
28/02/2012 11:56Posted by Leoven
But if you don't give your members some sadness you can't give them happiness.

This applies to some things, yes, but not all.
There are some things we've done because we've felt it's the best for the guild and it's members in the long run, even if there was some initial resistance from some members.

However, changes to drive through for the better of the guild do not involve taking in people who would make existing members feel uncomfortable.

We like to give people a chance and try and be fair towards everyone, but unfortunately, not everyone can always be appeased, and in these difficult cases, we put our members first in importance.

I am sure the Lightsworn members are happy.
Edited by Elíora on 28/02/2012 12:07 GMT
It's tough, on one hand if the player you're interviewing is normally a bit of a loller, but is putting on a 'nice act' just to get into your guild, then someone else in your guild may know what they're really like and want to tell the GM about it.

However, sometimes someone will just have an OOC dislike of the person for whatever reason, and so make things up just so they don't get into the guild, this is wrong but hard to tell when they're just making it up, as a GM wants to be able to trust their members.
81 Draenei Paladin
True words Zixxle, all these things considered, it's not always easy to make these decisions, but we all surely try our best :)
18 Human Paladin

However, sometimes someone will just have an OOC dislike of the person for whatever reason, and so make things up just so they don't get into the guild, this is wrong but hard to tell when they're just making it up, as a GM wants to be able to trust their members.

In my experience, people who make up things about others tend to also create all other kinds of stories about themselves and so reveal themselves as unreliable. If a person however just says that they don't like that person ooc-ly then it is actually a valid complaint and guild leader can decide to follow up on it.

I am willing to wager that in most guilds people who get rejected based on rumours are maybe one or two a year, if even that much. There are not actually that many rumours going around, there are not actually that many liers who make up stories about others.
90 Night Elf Druid
i feel very smug reading this as i know my inner guild is always blissfully happy.

As for surwich we get agressive because 90% of the people that come there to see us come to fight, and we hate rp fighting...or they come making wild proclamations and trying to move the guild when we've been there since it was added.

If you come to us for a chat etc 'ive come to have a cup of tea with dieven' or 'ive come to play with stutter' then youll be welcomed. Just dont fight, we realllllly dont like it.

I suppose that is the reason we are clique and not accepting of other out of guild rpers. I fully admit we are probably THE most clique guild on teh sha'tar.
85 Human Paladin
28/02/2012 12:05Posted by Elíora
I am sure the Lightsworn members are happy.

I'm quite happy to be in Lightsworn :)

It's tough, on one hand if the player you're interviewing is normally a bit of a loller, but is putting on a 'nice act' just to get into your guild, then someone else in your guild may know what they're really like and want to tell the GM about it.

Damn....Always has a word of gold to put in, how do you do it? :O
90 Human Paladin
I've never dealt with an environment like this one. In all of the other breeds of MMO I have played and all of the guilds I have met, none have been quite like WoW. I don't know what it is but something about this game really seems to make people take it much more seriously than they would something else. I lead two other guilds aside from the casual one I occupy here, in them, it's commonly accepted that the policy and regulations set by the Guild Master or officers should come before the needs or complaints of any other member to prevent animosity towards the guild from inside and outside. I'm not just referring to guilds but rather much larger communities that form together. I just used myself as an example, I'm referring to a much greater deal of people, the 'one member not liking another' thing was just a small example of a much bigger thing. It could be a variety of different things, stemming from harmful stereotypical lables, including 'lollers' and 'elitists'.

People change over time and wether or not you have the paitence to accept that is up to you but clinging to the past never did anything other than breed more disdain between people.

The Sha'tar was better known for being a friendly place but now it's like a giant crater of pouring negativity where ego's collide over who's more liked and accepted by the community, or was that way till you know, people started leaving left and right.
85 Blood Elf Rogue
28/02/2012 16:26Posted by Haru
People change over time and wether or not you have the paitence to accept that is up to you but clinging to the past never did anything other than breed more disdain between people.

I agree, there is nothing more pathetic - in my eyes - then people hating on X as they used to Y although X no longer Y's any more. I see no point in clinging to old feuds and dislikes. I just think some people tend to enjoy causing hate and drama, which says alot about them.

Forgive, forget and move on.
90 Human Warlock
So, reading through this I've come to understand the whole "clique" thing a little. NOT MUCH, but it's getting there. And this reminds me of the day I joined the Argent Reach. As a Warlock. Caleis was aware, but didn't particularly give a damn, after all there are SOME "good" Warlocks (Read, good so long as it meets their ends)

When he went offline that day, one particular officer - whom shall not be named (I forgot his name) - decided to be a fail and promptly booted me. Of course I was unaware of what was happening in AR after that, but things were resolved quickly because of the application of that one thing Haru said.

27/02/2012 22:18Posted by Haru
All I'm saying is. Give people a chance, yeah?

Now, what I find REALLY funny is that Lightsworn - a guild who I have heard do not even try this - leaped in to defend their "I NO LIKEY, YOU NO JOINY." policy. While yes, they can claim to have (had) a very positive attitude both OOCly and ICly, but their system can be heavily abused by "friends" who wish to deny another person entry for no valid reason at all simply because they hold a grudge for one little thing they did - not saying I'm not the kind of person to hold a grudge myself, it's just a scenario - and as such the guild's growth is highly limited which can stunt; cripple and kill a guild prematurely if not addressed simply because they have too many asshats in it already, thus ruining the "friendly guild" thing generally put in adverts on Trade. (Y U NO GUILDRECRUITMENT?!)

This clique thingie is also the reason as to why the Sha'tar is dying and why many of us are leaving - including Lightsworn so the realm has a small hope after all now. I personally absolutely hate the people on this realm and only remain due to IC obligations - I personally will be setting sail when they are terminated.

So, Lightsworn, why hate on Haru when you guys are effectively one of the major problems that have occured with the Sha'tar? And Sybok, I am disappoint.

EDIT: Saw a typo.
Edited by Drellia on 28/02/2012 16:53 GMT
90 Human Paladin
28/02/2012 16:52Posted by Drellia
including Lightsworn so the realm has a small hope after all now. I personally absolutely hate the people on this realm and only remain due to IC obligations

Horde strong.

GO GO SHA'TAR
81 Undead Priest
28/02/2012 16:54Posted by Haru
GO GO SHA'TAR

WOOOH!

Wait... wut...
60 Worgen Rogue
So, Lightsworn,

you guys are effectively one of the major problems that have occured with the Sha'tar

This just about sums everything up.
Edited by Larick on 28/02/2012 17:01 GMT
90 Human Warlock
When I reply with a cause, I hit hard.
60 Worgen Rogue
It was well-put, and entirely true, but I think we should let this lie now. We're only fanning embers which would do well being snuffed out.
It's a worry actually. I always try and keep an eye on the Sha'Tar realm forums and it's always been a thought of mine to perhaps give the realm a try at some point despite having a number of already established characters on Argent Dawn.

I have not yet once read anything that reflects that Lightsworn lot in a good light, and I only cringe further to read of their upcoming move to Argent Dawn.
Edited by Oura on 28/02/2012 17:07 GMT
90 Night Elf Druid

So, Lightsworn, why hate on Haru when you guys are effectively one of the major problems that have occured with the Sha'tar? And Sybok, I am disappoint.

I must say that we do not hate anybody and the choice not accept Haru did not come that easily. But overall we decided that it was better for the guild environment to not accept him. It has not made us hate him though.

I am glad that you think so highly of us that we can affect the whole realm, I personally wouldn't think so much of us. We just do what we enjoy and that is rp-ing. We do not keep people away from us other than those that we do not feel comfortable being together with.

I really do hope that you will get away from the world view where there are many people that you hate and hate you.
Edited by Lareia on 28/02/2012 17:12 GMT
60 Worgen Rogue
You've just said far more about yourself than anyone else here ever could, darling.
This thread is locked.

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]