<Fun Light> Boosting Service including Heroic DS

90 Undead Warlock
Hello.

Just making a thread to announce that Fun Light is selling boost of all sorts as of now.

Heroic Firelands - All bosses, all loot, achievements, raggy mount.

Heroic Dragon Soul - All Bosses, all loot, achievements and Madness mount

[EDIT] We're selling a spot for a fresh and full 8/8 Heroic clear this friday (16/3) - For more information, conditions and prices, contact me ingame by whispers or mail.

If there is anything else you'd like to get don't hesitate to ask. Please whisper or send an in-game mail to Dotbotdotcom for more information about prices and conditions.
Edited by Dotbotdotcom on 12/03/2012 18:27 GMT
Reply Quote
85 Orc Mage
oh no u dint
Reply Quote
90 Undead Warlock
Guess I'll just go hide somewhere.
Edited by Dotbotdotcom on 28/02/2012 14:46 GMT
Reply Quote
28/02/2012 14:26Posted by Dotbotdotcom

sure?
Reply Quote
90 Orc Shaman
I smell a doyty rat!
Reply Quote
90 Undead Warlock

sure?

We're not offering something we cannot gurantee.

Obviously we will not take a completely green geared character who keyboard turns for a fight like Heroic Spine. We will always make sure in advance we can do whatever the buyer wants with him.
Edited by Dotbotdotcom on 28/02/2012 15:52 GMT
Reply Quote
85 Tauren Paladin

sure?

Obviously we will not take a completely green geared character who keyboard turns for a fight like Heroic Spine. We will always make sure in advance we can do whatever the buyer wants with him.

Problem is, boosts sell to people who would otherwise never have a chance in hell of downing this boss with a legit team. The only way to know someone is good enough for say Heroic Spine, would be to know that he has multiple other heroic bosses killed at least, some decent logs showcasing both DPS and not standing in fire, or even wipes on Spine. But those kinds of players will prefer to find a guild than pay for a boost.

If you rely on the person being boosted to down the boss, meaning that he should be good enough in the first place, he ends up boosting your team as much as you him. Boost = you take a guy who is paying to get the achievement and loot, the guy then stays out of the way doing nothing (in many fights it's simpler to have them die) while you 9-man it. In any other case, you basically get paid for having a PuG in your group which is a bit silly. If I was paying for a boost, I would AFK in a corner expecting you to deliver the service.

Anyway I don't wanna judge here, hope you make a lot of money out of that :).
Edited by Incalcando on 28/02/2012 17:33 GMT
Reply Quote
90 Undead Warlock

Problem is, boosts sell to people who would otherwise never have a chance in hell of downing this boss with a legit team. The only way to know someone is good enough for say Heroic Spine, would be to know that he has multiple other heroic bosses killed at least, some decent logs showcasing both DPS and not standing in fire, or even wipes on Spine. But those kinds of players will prefer to find a guild than pay for a boost.

If you rely on the person being boosted to down the boss, meaning that he should be good enough in the first place, he ends up boosting your team as much as you him. Boost = you take a guy who is paying to get the achievement and loot, the guy then stays out of the way doing nothing (in many fights it's simpler to have them die) while you 9-man it. In any other case, you basically get paid for having a PuG in your group which is a bit silly. If I was paying for a boost, I would AFK in a corner expecting you to deliver the service.

Anyway I don't wanna judge here, hope you make a lot of money out of that :).

I am well aware of what the term "boost" means and I think your definition of it is quite narrow.

I said we won't take fully green geared characters who keyboard turns, although that is possible apart from 2-3 fights fights. If the person has medicore gear, understands english and can take order we will be able to boost him. A person who barely makes normal dragon soul if you will or who has only been doing LFR. You can hardly say that such a person would boost us as much as we boost him.

Regardless, we clearly define and view boosting differently so no point arguing this. Appreciate your wishes and best of luck to you and Flat Earth.
Edited by Dotbotdotcom on 28/02/2012 17:58 GMT
Reply Quote
90 Orc Shaman
A person who barely makes normal dragon soul if you will or who has only been doing LFR. You can hardly say that such a person would boost us as much as we boost him.

So, you think defining a boost as "giving someone gear/cosmetic crap for doing absolutely nothing other than money" is narrow minded, yet it's not narrow minded to believe that a player who can 'barely clear DS normal' is useless and unable to be boosted because he can't pull a modicum of weight?

Touché sir, touché.

BUT in all seriousness, we've boosted players earlier than originally intended because they could pull reasonable weight, they still paid the same and there wasn't much issue. The bigger question really is, you're in 10man, and having 1 player down and being virtually deadweight will affect you noticeably more than a 25man boost after nerfs have set in. If you can genuinely offer a real DS Hc boost service to people in bad gear this soon after clearing I'd applaud you more than berate you.

ALAS ONLY TIME WILL TELL YOUNG ADVENTURER OF CRAFTED WARS!
Edited by Werdup on 28/02/2012 17:48 GMT
Reply Quote
85 Tauren Paladin
^As you said yourself, boosting in a 10-man is different than boosting in a 25-man, if you are at a boss that you don't easily 9-man, you cannot really rely on a player who is "pulling a modicum of weight" as you said yourself. Having a wipe-fest while getting paid to deliver a kill is bad business in my opinion, and I don't think you can avoid having one unless you can easily 9-man the content. At this moment I'm not sure my guild can 9-man every single boss in DS HC in a couple of tries only. If they can do it, good for them.

In my experience, every guy we boosted in Heroic Ragnaros so far was next to completely useless, or even caused wipes.
Edited by Incalcando on 28/02/2012 18:06 GMT
Reply Quote
Not to bash but i'm pretty sure Fun Light only JUST got madness down within the past week didn't they? I remember talking to their GM(when applying, seeing what its like etc) and he was stating that you were having multiple wipes on Madness, week later you're offering to 9-man it?

I know there's another 5% nerf tomorrow but.. still? o.<

I don't think even Quantum are boosting this yet and we all know their boost service is one of, if not the best, boosting service on TN.
Reply Quote
42 Gnome Mage
Not to bash but i'm pretty sure Fun Light only JUST got madness down within the past week didn't they? I remember talking to their GM(when applying, seeing what its like etc) and he was stating that you were having multiple wipes on Madness, week later you're offering to 9-man it?

I don't think even Quantum are boosting this yet and we all know their boost service is one of, if not the best, boosting service on TN.

What does it matter if Quantum haven't started a boosting service there? First of there are plenty of guilds around the realms who are boosting AS a 10-man guild. Yes it is challenging but as Dot stated they won't take in completely clueless people + they wouldn't pop this advert unless they were really serious about it.

This is a boosting thread not a thread where you're gonna whine about them not being able to boost people, it's their choice and if you got objections about it why not take it in a whisper instead of filling a thread with so much bull?

Quantum haven't had the balls to pop the boost yet/haven't been arsed to, doesn't mean everyone else has to wait for them to say they're ready to boost.

Good luck, Fun Light! + Free bump
Reply Quote
I just thought it was a little sudden but prove me wrong, it's happened before.
Reply Quote
85 Troll Mage

OMG TROLLING FEST INCCC!!
Reply Quote
28/02/2012 18:38Posted by Kairii
and we all know their boost service is one of, if not the best, boosting service on TN.

I see what you did there
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Priest
I don't really understand some people.Dotbot stated something and that something may or may not be realised,is or isn't offered by other guys,doesn't really matter,but being a jerk just because you imagine it's not possible I don't really think it's what should concern you,it's Fun Light job and not yours,it's like you care what a random guy does,very ...smart.
Reply Quote
90 Orc Shaman
28/02/2012 19:44Posted by Magmablade
I don't really understand some people.Dotbot stated something and that something may or may not be realised,is or isn't offered by other guys,doesn't really matter,but being a jerk just because you imagine it's not possible I don't really think it's what should concern you,it's Fun Light job and not yours,it's like you care what a random guy does,very ...smart.

http://assets0.ordienetworks.com/images/GifGuide/clapping/citizen_cane.gif

Definitely time to chill now, one guy made one slightly negative comment, you got all mad.

FRIENDLY TIME LET'S GO
Reply Quote
90 Undead Warlock
28/02/2012 17:46Posted by Werdup
A person who barely makes normal dragon soul if you will or who has only been doing LFR. You can hardly say that such a person would boost us as much as we boost him.

So, you think defining a boost as "giving someone gear/cosmetic crap for doing absolutely nothing other than money" is narrow minded, yet it's not narrow minded to believe that a player who can 'barely clear DS normal' is useless and unable to be boosted because he can't pull a modicum of weight?

Would just like to clarify:

1: I said I don't agree with his definition of boosting, never mentioned narrow minded. Read again, read properly.

2: Either I am tired, you phrased yourself poorly or you've misunderstood something. I get it as if you're saying that I believe that people who barely clear normal DS are useless and cannot be boosted while I, on quite the contrary, said that is the sort of player we are looking to boost.

And finally, ignore magmablade, he means well.

We appreciate the concern but not only is it starting to drift off-topic but also getting a bit out of hand.

We will conduct boosts in our way, whether our way of boosting matches your description of boosting is irrelevant. We have already had several offers so clearly there is an interest even if it means the guy cannot go sit afk in a corner.

Worst case scenario, we don't succeed, we give the guy back his gold and farm some more gear or wait for another nerf. However we are certain it will not be a problem.

Anyway, thanks for the free bumps and enjoy your night.
Edited by Dotbotdotcom on 28/02/2012 23:52 GMT
Reply Quote
85 Tauren Paladin
Jesus, forget I said anything, didn't want this to turn into a trolling fest. I was basically just nitpicking here, I simply disagree that what you are offering is strictly speaking "boosting", I would have phrased it differently if I was doing it. Sorry for the mess.
Reply Quote
90 Undead Warlock
28/02/2012 21:12Posted by Incalcando
Jesus, forget I said anything, didn't want this to turn into a trolling fest. I was basically just nitpicking here, I simply disagree that what you are offering is strictly speaking "boosting", I would have phrased it differently if I was doing it. Sorry for the mess.

No offence meant, none taken.
Edited by Dotbotdotcom on 28/02/2012 21:23 GMT
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]