Orc or Troll

85 Tauren Druid
This is an ancient question! I KNOW!!! But I just can't decide. Orcs are bulky and badass looking at most times, trolls looks wicked with some gear (and with transmog it shouldn't be a problem)
I don't care about racials since it's been argued over from the dawn of wow pretty much.

Can you guys with shaman experience tell me something that you might believe could convince me to take a choice?
This is of course just a brief favour I'm asking you guys for. If you don't feel you have anything constructive to contribute with, then please just don't do it then :

Whatever race of these two I'll pick will get the armani bear since I just got it :0
Thanks in advance guys.
Reply Quote
85 Tauren Shaman
Tauren. DEFFO
Reply Quote
29/02/2012 21:53Posted by Chobacca
Whatever race of these two I'll pick will get the armani bear

Then obviously troll mon
Reply Quote
90 Draenei Shaman
Draenei
Reply Quote
90 Troll Shaman
look at me..JUST LOOK.
Reply Quote
100 Troll Shaman
Yes. Look at him. He looks silly.

Troll if you want to be resto or elemental, as we have far better casting animations. Orc if you want to be enhancement, as they have far better melee animations. In the end, that's the main thing you're going to notice about your character when playing it.
Reply Quote
85 Tauren Druid
01/03/2012 00:31Posted by Tesla
Draenei

Why would I wanna leave the horde? And why would I want to be a spacegoat? Not gonna happen...
Reply Quote
87 Orc Shaman
My suggestion in this case is to make a troll and an orc and see which one you like better.
For me, orc will always have a special place in my heart.
Reply Quote
85 Orc Shaman
orc, they look better overall.

and stun reduce is nice, especially when stacked with my meta :)
Reply Quote
90 Draenei Shaman
Yes. Look at him. He looks silly.

Troll if you want to be resto or elemental, as we have far better casting animations. Orc if you want to be enhancement, as they have far better melee animations. In the end, that's the main thing you're going to notice about your character when playing it.

still i'd go troll all the way
Reply Quote
85 Draenei Shaman
It depends on what you want to do with your shaman... You didn't tell us what you're going to do with your shaman: enhance, ele, resto, pvp or pve?
But since I do not have much else to do, I'll tell you what the best race is for every spec (between troll and orc)

Ele pve:
-the troll racial is probably better. I cannot proof this, nor have I done any testing, but Haste seems better than a bit spell power to me. Then again I can't confirm this so I cannot really say much about this subject.
Ele pvp:
-this depends on personal preference (actually the whole class selecting thing depends on personal preference, but whatever). Berserk seems better than blood fury, but stun reduction seems better than slow reduction. Decide for yourself.

Enhance pve:
-orc no doubt. blood fury is much better, you get free expertise and increased pet damage for spirit wolves.
Enhance pvp:
-see 'Enhance pve'. The slow reduction from Trolls isn't that important because of ghost wolf and earthen power. It would stack nicely with toughness though, but the orc racials above PLUS the stun reduction makes them by far superior.

Resto pve:
-doesn't matter much. Neither those racials will make much difference. You can macro blood fury with nature's swiftness for slightly stronger heals, but that's it.
Resto pvp:
-Berserk can help you in getting a quick hex off, the slow reduction may be somewhat helpful at times, but the stun reduction from orcs is ridiculously huge it's still better. 15% from a 6-second kidney shot or hammer of justice is almost a whole second. Which is huge.

In the end, it will always come down to personal preference. Just pick whichever race you like most. And even if one of the two racials turns out to be better, if you like the other one more you should stick to that one anyway. Thanks for reading this story.
Reply Quote
85 Tauren Shaman
It depends on what you want to do with your shaman... You didn't tell us what you're going to do with your shaman: enhance, ele, resto, pvp or pve?
But since I do not have much else to do, I'll tell you what the best race is for every spec (between troll and orc)

Ele pve:
-the troll racial is probably better. I cannot proof this, nor have I done any testing, but Haste seems better than a bit spell power to me. Then again I can't confirm this so I cannot really say much about this subject.
Ele pvp:
-this depends on personal preference (actually the whole class selecting thing depends on personal preference, but whatever). Berserk seems better than blood fury, but stun reduction seems better than slow reduction. Decide for yourself.

Enhance pve:
-orc no doubt. blood fury is much better, you get free expertise and increased pet damage for spirit wolves.
Enhance pvp:
-see 'Enhance pve'. The slow reduction from Trolls isn't that important because of ghost wolf and earthen power. It would stack nicely with toughness though, but the orc racials above PLUS the stun reduction makes them by far superior.

Resto pve:
-doesn't matter much. Neither those racials will make much difference. You can macro blood fury with nature's swiftness for slightly stronger heals, but that's it.
Resto pvp:
-Berserk can help you in getting a quick hex off, the slow reduction may be somewhat helpful at times, but the stun reduction from orcs is ridiculously huge it's still better. 15% from a 6-second kidney shot or hammer of justice is almost a whole second. Which is huge.

In the end, it will always come down to personal preference. Just pick whichever race you like most. And even if one of the two racials turns out to be better, if you like the other one more you should stick to that one anyway. Thanks for reading this story.

Nerd alert.
Reply Quote
90 Draenei Shaman
What you prefer most to play lols -.-

if u feel to go tauren/Orc/Troll just go for it lol Except Goblins and Dwarfs cuz they are ugly as shít

Alliance race choice we got only Draenei cuz Dwarf is just stupid as shaman class dont fit and its ugly =/
Reply Quote
85 Tauren Druid
Thank you for some of the elaborate replies among the not so elaborate ones!

I went troll : And for 85, I dunno yet.
I'll figure eventually!
Edited by Chobacca on 02/03/2012 10:05 GMT
Reply Quote
90 Orc Shaman
This is my race-ist list when it comes to shaman looking badass:

1. Tauren. Shoulders are huge, characters are broad and their homes are totems. We are also the race that kept the original totem look. It's also the most animalistic of the Horde races.

2. Orc, Thrall is a shaman and the shamans from the RTS warcraft games were orcs. Plus their culture is influenced by shamanism. Wolves play a big part.

3. Trolls: They work, i'll give them that, but I just don't like them for anything but rogues. they are tall, crooked and agile wich i don't think fits the shaman feel. However they have this whole witchdoctor vibe so thats why i think they work.

4. Goblins: Do not work, large heads, gear looks stupid on them, their "quirky" humor is just too simple for it to be funny, they are supposed to be greedy and talk with a Boston/New York accent. I don't see a shaman anywhere in that mix.
Reply Quote
85 Draenei Shaman
Tauren is the best class for shaman.

Actualy it is the best class for anything !
Reply Quote
100 Troll Shaman
Tauren is the best class for shaman.

Actualy it is the best class for anything !

Except taurens are not a class?
Reply Quote
85 Goblin Shaman
Depends,
i've had an 85 Orc Shaman, and i wanted a change. Then i rerolled goblin shammy on other realm, but now i have him, i really miss the brutal and fierce look of an orc enhancer. I always have disliked the Orc's casting animation. (Male one ofc). Troll animations look better for Casting, but imo they don't look so good in gear(never ever display helmet :oo) Having a troll enh with fist weapons however is really 'chill'.

When i played the troll shammy of a friend, i was really like: 'cmon mon, ima crushin yo leggs wit ma epic stromstrike move' They give a more relaxed feeling while playing to me :)

I myself would never take tauren for the looks tho, exept if it were like my warrior.

i took goblin just because i liked the goblins at start of cata, if i had the money, i'd race change to orc immediatly now. (however the jump is reall helpful in pvp)
Reply Quote
90 Troll Shaman
My shaman was a tauren when I made it. Then I migged it Ally and made it a spacegoat. I then moved servers and went horde again and for som reason made it a troll. I'm not really sure why..

I pref taurens, they look funzy:)
Reply Quote
85 Troll Shaman
Chobacca, I, as a way too stupid altoholic, know exactly what you mean.

My first shaman was a tauren. made it up to lvl 70 or so. By then, I realized troll was simply more awesome. They are simply my favourite race :)
not just the looks, the animations and the whole troll community.

Trolls be flippin out mon :)
Edited by Aramintha on 03/03/2012 18:22 GMT
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]