Just something I've noticed...

90 Draenei Warrior
Why exactly do some players flat out ignore you when you address them Icly? It's always the same people that seem to do this. I find it massively ignorant. Meh. It isn't something I'd care about, only for the fact that it makes me feel as if my character is defective in some way. Lucky then I spend most of my time in Hearthglen.
Reply Quote
Because they have major superiority issues. Unlike them, I don't have to ignore people to make myself feel like I'm better, I already know that I'm better than everyone on this realm.
Reply Quote
90 Draenei Warrior
You're not better than Mort.
Reply Quote
Mortilus is a failed cloning attempt of me, evidenced by the fact that I was known before him, and in The Rotgarde before him. Heck, I was even there when he got recruited.
Reply Quote

Argent Dawn is famous of its "walk-away" routines. Everyone is standing still, sometimes for hours. But if someone walks to you and says something, you walk away and find another spot to stand in. That's it in the nutshell.
Reply Quote
90 Draenei Warrior
It's frustrating. You go up to these people, because they seem relevant and interesting and they just blank you.
Reply Quote
MVP - WoW, StarCraft II
85 Worgen Druid
I would advise you to whisper them first before you go and talk to a stranger who hasn't been marked as looking for contact by an RP addon or something, especially if they are in the middle of roleplay with another character, so that you are sure they'd welcome your interaction. This also ensures you know they are actually in-character. Something like "IC?" would probably do.

At least, that's what I would do, though I mostly only interact with certain people. It really all depends... sometimes people just ignore you regardless. As such, they're probably not worth it.

Unfortunately though, as someone has pointed out later in this thread, whispering does tend to break immersion. So it might not be a good idea always.
Edited by Danellos on 01/03/2012 14:33 GMT
Reply Quote
90 Human Warlock
01/03/2012 08:39Posted by Waywatcher
Argent Dawn is famous of its "walk-away" routines. Everyone is standing still, sometimes for hours. But if someone walks to you and says something, you walk away and find another spot to stand in. That's it in the nutshell.

I find the raising of an eyebrow much more annoying.

Reply Quote
01/03/2012 08:52Posted by Ashkaar

I'm actually guilty of this.
Reply Quote
90 Draenei Warrior
At first I thought it was more of an IC issue, whereby the character is portrayed as being careless for other's concerns. The fact that I RP a Draenei Argent makes it difficult enough when in some social hub like SW, since you're hated anyway for being a traitor to the alliance and most Stormwindians are highly xenophobic. I like that about them, don't get me wrong. It's when it extends as far as totally ignoring you that it begins to look like asshattery.
Reply Quote
90 Human Warrior
01/03/2012 08:47Posted by Marcaidius
It's frustrating. You go up to these people, because they seem relevant and interesting and they just blank you.

If they flat out blank people like that, they aren't relevant. On the plus side you then know to spend your time elsewhere because as someone else said..

01/03/2012 08:48Posted by Danellos
they're probably not worth it.

*raises an eyebrow inquisitively at you*
Reply Quote
90 Human Warlock
You're all bastards! *shakes fist*
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Warrior
The problem aint you playing a Argent Crusader that is a Draenei.
The problem is Stormwind itself. People fail to see that The Argent Crusade aided EVERYONE against Arthas, and still they claim that you are a traitor. The entire Alliance should be thankfull to be even ALIVE. If the Argent Dawn didn't transform into the Argent Crusade and fighted against Arthas's army then the whole world would be doomed.

Also, the people in Stormwind always play like they own the place, so just ignore them and play what you are.
Reply Quote
90 Dwarf Warrior
But, but... It's part of Thunderbraid's character to raise his eyebrow when someone he doesn't know walks up to him and starts talking. D:
Reply Quote
90 Human Death Knight
I'm not convinced it's a Stormwind alone issue, nor that it's particularly related to us Argents. Some people are just arseholes. Moreover, a very large group of people seem unable to use their MRP or TRP2 tags -- they're either flagged as OOC all the time, or set to Looking for Contact while basically wanting you to go the fel away.

Myeh. Idiots. Everywhere.
Reply Quote
90 Human Paladin
01/03/2012 08:54Posted by Astaer

I'm actually guilty of this.

Me too, if approached in the kind of way that would result in her thinking the person is at least a little odd - but she will still talk. I don't blank people unless they are blatantly lollers that should not be encouraged. Sometimes I regret her affinity for talking to pretty much anyone (so say hi if you see her sitting around, Marcaidius!) as she seems to collect gnomes easily.
Reply Quote
90 Human Death Knight
I'd almost prefer collecting gnomes to collecting level 1 rogues and warriors who insult me and spit in my face for being a death knight. I might get some interesting RP out of the gnomes at least.
Reply Quote
90 Human Warlock
The problem aint you playing a Argent Crusader that is a Draenei.
The problem is Stormwind itself. People fail to see that The Argent Crusade aided EVERYONE against Arthas, and still they claim that you are a traitor. The entire Alliance should be thankfull to be even ALIVE. If the Argent Dawn didn't transform into the Argent Crusade and fighted against Arthas's army then the whole world would be doomed.

Also, the people in Stormwind always play like they own the place, so just ignore them and play what you are.

Aye, and the funny part about this is that every paladin of the alliance joines the Silver Hand after completing their class introduction quests.

....which means that every alliance paladin is whether they want to or not, part of the Argent Crusade.
Reply Quote
90 Human Death Knight
I think our general consent among Argent RPers is that there are two branches of the Silver Hand -- the one that merged with the Argent Dawn and became us, and the other one. You know, the one that Alliance paladins automagically are shuffled into.
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Warrior
I talk to EVERYONE! If I don't like ye, I tell ye to piss off :D
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]