Warrior VS Frost Mage 1v1 4.3

Anyone know how to kill this thing,if you know please help because I already left without ideas
Reply Quote
You can't, unless It's a bad player ;p
Reply Quote
90 Orc Warrior
It's just one of those fights... You learn more with practice. They'll always have the upper hand, but if you play well and they make a mistake you can often take it to the death. I just like to get them to blink, charge>throwdown them and pop every single DPS CD I have to take a big chunk of their HP. If they block, I'll throw & storm the novas.

Sorry I can't help more... But it really is a practice thing. Just don't use throwdown until after blink :]
Reply Quote
90 Orc Warrior
If the mage is good, he can beat you in green gear while you have full season pvp gear.
Don't duel as a warrior, the game will be fun again.

I'm bored though so I'll try to help:

I know a lot of warriors say that you need to save charge after blink, but you will never get close to him without charge except for the beginning of the fight where you hug the mage before the duel begins.

If the mage is bad, here's a basic strat: Charge apply rend > he blinks > Leap into a throwdown > NUKE > He iceblocks. >Try to Bladestorm as soon as he's out of iceblock because iceblock refreshes his nova, which he will use as soon as he's out of iceblock > try to survive and repeat this as soon as you have leap and throwdown. He has two iceblocks which means you will be able to kill him the 3rd time you can use leap and throwdown. IF you can survive.

- During Hleap and throwdown cooldowns, feel free to charge but only when you need to interrupt their casts.

- Reflect during Icy veins. It's a good idea to shield wall during icy veins too, I'd even glyph it. But try to spread your defensive cooldowns over the fight, remember he has two icy veins because of cold snap.

- Gag order spec helps to interrupt those casts while you're in nova and don't have shield reflect up.

- Save trinket for a deep freeze, if you can reflect or silence the incoming shatter in time.

- Careful not to get your reflects faked. Try to reflect at 80% cast.

- Nitro boost engineering tinker helps, don't waste it when you're slowed though.

- You cannot make any mistakes.

- Practice practice practice.

- will post more tips when I can think of more.
Reply Quote
Pvp gear, full cds/duel vs frost mage with brain ? mathematically impossible.

however, whenever i catch them in random battleground i outplay them 100% of the time

They don't have cds or they underestimate me or they do plenty of mistakes or i catch them in awkward situation n they fail to make the right decision....etc

Reply Quote
85 Draenei Warrior
You kill him by having friends.
Reply Quote
85 Undead Warrior
02/03/2012 00:20Posted by Gunhaver
You kill him by having friends.

Sorry what are friends again?
Reply Quote
90 Human Warrior
Charge -> blink -> leap -> i. hamstring -> trinket (mage) -> nova warrior -> bs -> ice block -> shatter -> again nova -> throw (by warrior) -> deep freeze -> trinket (warr) -> charge -> blink -> nova -> bye bye warrior

Warrior hasn't any chance against frost mage. Warrior can beat only BAD mage.
Reply Quote
90 Draenei Warrior
Wait intill he's afk, then nuke him before he comes back.
Reply Quote
also, gotta love how they can kite while backpedaling, not frustating at all
Reply Quote
90 Goblin Warrior
02/03/2012 21:06Posted by Opheliewind
Charge -> blink

Stop there.

You fight bad mages.
Reply Quote
2 Night Elf Druid
Gag spec, and you have a fair chance,. atleast triples your chances vs a fmage.
Can usually 1v1 all these fotm mages with just an heroic throw silence, not even needing pummel, some luck is needed for the ones with a few braincells though, some lucky 20k reflects and you might win.
Reply Quote
86 Orc Warrior
Counterspell should be in second tier Arcane, meaning no impact nor blazing speed - as it's sad frosties(and well, fires) don't have to make decisions specwise when facing either melee or caster.
Reply Quote
1 Undead Rogue
Unless the mage is beyond bad, there's no way you will get near him.

1 v 1 doesn't really count, but if you manage to get him to ice block, it's a moral victory.

He has pet nova, nova, cone of of cold, and ice barrier. A mage can jump around you and spam ice lance and you will lose. If you get near him, he can blink.

Good night London England.
Reply Quote
90 Human Warrior
03/03/2012 20:00Posted by Rasen
Charge -> blink

Stop there.

You fight bad mages.
U can't cath a mage with slow/nova/deepfreeze or whatever.. U have to use charge or leap.
Reply Quote
85 Human Warrior
You can't if the mage knows what he's doing.
You gotta plan what to do, and hope he falls into your trap somehow.
Reply Quote
85 Orc Shaman
05/03/2012 14:03Posted by Opheliewind

Stop there.

You fight bad mages.
U can't cath a mage with slow/nova/deepfreeze or whatever.. U have to use charge or leap.

He didn't say anything about you, he is talking about the mage.
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Warrior
Dont get me wrong, but Warriors are not that far off being able to beat a Mage in 1v1.

A random bg mage scrub will fall quick to a skilled Warrior, its such a setup that your personal skill is the biggest factor who will win because a single mistake from either the Mage or Warrior can end the fight very fast.

Given equal skill a Mage will always beat a Warrior, i personally dont struggle with the majority of Mages because their bad and never have since i rolled this toon in vanilla, good ones will however demolish you as the game is currently, theres been patches where Warriors could beat even the most skilled Mages, but this patch aint one of them.
Reply Quote
85 Orc Warlock
if the mage have any brains you just cant.
Reply Quote
86 Blood Elf Warrior
Dont get me wrong, but Warriors are not that far off being able to beat a Mage in 1v1.

A random bg mage scrub will fall quick to a skilled Warrior, its such a setup that your personal skill is the biggest factor who will win because a single mistake from either the Mage or Warrior can end the fight very fast.

Given equal skill a Mage will always beat a Warrior, i personally dont struggle with the majority of Mages because their bad and never have since i rolled this toon in vanilla, good ones will however demolish you as the game is currently, theres been patches where Warriors could beat even the most skilled Mages, but this patch aint one of them.

Summs it up. +1
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]