Warlock BG survivability issue

85 Gnome Warlock
Hello fellow warlocks.

Ive been playing warlocks since the first month of vanilla (well over 7 years now), mostly pvp bg:s. Under all this time warlocks have had their ups and downs nerfwise.

At precent its hard for me to accuratly pinpoint exactly where we are pvp wise. But one thing I do know is our survivability needs improvement.
So i have come up with some suggestions, that will not affect our pve ability.

Suggestions:
Increase the healing from drain life 50% (not the damage, just the healing part).

Reduce CD on healthstone to 60 seconds, let healthstones stack to 3 and double the amount of healing (17k is way to low for a 2 min cd heal).

Demonic portal should break stuns, snares and movement imparing effects, be instant cast, and you should be able to cast it while mounted.

Introduce voidwalkers into the game again with a 3 sec physical stun (on a 20 sec cd), and a 10% physical dmg reduce debuff on suffering (stackable with curse of weakness) and tripple sacrifice shield absorb.

Deathcoil:s cd should be reduced to 30 seconds.

Increase the slow from curse of echaustion to 50%

And make the 70% slow on shadowflame baseline.

Those are my 5 cents anyway.
Sorry for mispelling and my horrible english.
Reply Quote
85 Human Warlock
YEAH :DDDDD

would make us balanced in arena, totally lol. DEATH COIL DEATH COIL DEATH COIL!!
Reply Quote
90 Troll Warlock
lol
Reply Quote
85 Human Paladin
warlocks just need some escape abilities thats all

they have 1 portal then they are sitting ducks.
Reply Quote
85 Undead Warlock
Don't do random BGs on your Warlock. Seriously.
It's a strangly designed class, to say it's a messed up class.
You shine in 3s and suck in every other pvp aspect of the game.
Get used to it.

If you wanna have fun, then there's other classes for you.. Any melee or mage will do the job.
Play a mage, they got all the fun tools. Even firemages have alot more survivability than locks.
Reply Quote
85 Human Rogue
You shine in 3s and suck in every other pvp aspect of the game.
Get used to it.

I really hate people with this attitude. If there's something you do not like the least you could do is try to change it.
Reply Quote
85 Undead Warlock
[/quote]
I really hate people with this attitude. If there's something you do not like the least you could do is try to change it.[/quote]

Trust me when I say: Get used to it.

Do that or move on to another class, like most people did, who're now playing rogues or mages.
My 3 mains are affliction warlocks. So yeah, I love the class. I do pretty good in 3s and trust me, warlocks are great, but they are terrible in BGs.. simply cause we get countered by so many classes and they sure know it.

So either you do 3s or you pve. You won't have a rush in duels/2v2/random BGs
Reply Quote
85 Gnome Warlock
Its something wrong when a class only has one utility in pvp and thats in 3v3.

Reply Quote
85 Human Warlock
BG are not that problematic from my pov.It's the 2s where locks's are ganked hard.
i think the portal should be the spell that blizz need's to work on, so you can use it to brake the stuns and stuff like that.
the hs is good when used with soul burn, I even use it on a macro with the emblem of tenacity trinket and get like 75-80k health, which helps alot in bg and is arenas.
If deathcoil had a 30 sec cd that would be overpowerd, and let's face it blizz hate's locks.
Reply Quote
86 Blood Elf Priest
maybe the portal should also work without a destination (when glyph) but in a random direction and at cost to hp or something (5% or 10%) to keep inline with the self punishing lock spells seem to use.
Reply Quote
90 Undead Warlock
Locks wouldnt need extra survivability if their damage was comparable to other classes.

Thinking purely from a destro pov. Bigger damage = less survivability required.
Reply Quote
90 Undead Rogue
All this could be done, and we'd still be balanced in 3 vs 3 if they removed the +30% healing taken buff from demonic armor.

So, simple solution, but won't happen since blizzard cares not to make this change.

Reply Quote
90 Gnome Warlock
I have no problem with the current state at all.

Your suggestion quite overpowered, in my opinion. I'll just let my personal opinion go over it.

01/03/2012 18:02Posted by Lovley
Increase the healing from drain life 50% (not the damage, just the healing part).
I would more or less agree with this, to the extent of that it should replace the Death's Embrace effect. Those two stacked means utter death to DPS without reliable interrupts (Enha/Hunter/Casters).

Reduce CD on healthstone to 60 seconds, let healthstones stack to 3 and double the amount of healing (17k is way to low for a 2 min cd heal).
I disagree with this. Fighting in Demon Armor is quite normal for me when I'm up against melees. My healthstone (often Soulburned by the way) heals extremely well. Something I do not like, however, is the fact that it can crit. I'd suggest a slight buff (~20% more) to the heal and remove the chance of being critical (which is pure RNG).

Demonic portal should break stuns, snares and movement imparing effects, be instant cast, and you should be able to cast it while mounted.
Something tells me you got this from Blink. Do mind, that Mages are dead meat when caught in a good stun. Whereas Warlocks can 'tank' quite some damage with Soul Link or even migate the stun by using a well-timed Seduction, Mages are dead with Blink on cooldown; Iceblock being their last opportunity.

I think, regarding it's cast time being below a second, it's already instant. I don't see why it should be cast mounted.

Last note on portal: Your portal is placed on a fixed position; you can use it quite nasty, whereas Blink is simply in front of you; and I haven't seen a Mage Blink through a wall or to the second floor. Melees, as well as casters can have a hard time chasing a Warlock through, for example, the Warsong Flag Room; portals can break all line of sight with a simple click.

Introduce voidwalkers into the game again with a 3 sec physical stun (on a 20 sec cd), and a 10% physical dmg reduce debuff on suffering (stackable with curse of weakness) and tripple sacrifice shield absorb.
Great to see some ideas for a Voidwalker! The stun sounds great, but it wouldn't be very beneficial for Demonology or Destruction (Demo will run with a Felguard and Destro will have difficulty with Diminishing Returns on Shadowfury). The damage reduction debuff sounds great, in my opinion, making it a great defensive pet. Sacrifice, indeed, needs a major buff, but I suppose it's becoming a general pet ability through the new talent Sacrificial Pact.

Definitely not. Death Coil does not break on damage and is highly destructive since it can be used on healers as a CC while it's being tunneled down, yet it doesn't share any diminishing return with stuns and silences.

Been there, done it, wasn't good. It was simply too overpowered. Open the gap on all melees but Rogues with Shadowflame, sit out the snare while ranged, spam your curse and win without taking any lethal damage at all. Even Ferals could be kited by simply spamming one button.

I can see why, but it somehow would seem unfair; giving Warlocks an additional glyph slot. We'll see what happens to glyphs in Pandaria, but I suppose this would make sense since it's included in any Warlock standard kit (not really a choice, is it?).
Reply Quote
90 Undead Warlock
Raw

Yes please.
Reply Quote
86 Blood Elf Priest
I have no problem with the current state at all.

I rarely see locks in 2s and when I do its hardly ever in a double dps teams because people just nuke the lock because it works and most melee can go fear immune kill a warlock before they can even do any damage

Do mind, that Mages are dead meat when caught in a good stun.

damage absorbing bubbles, 3 trinkets, 1 stun trinket every 12 seconds, lots of snares and instant cast roots that do not share dr or even require a target, mages don't get caught in stuns and if they do its not for long :)

reguarding instant cast of the portal if you have quartz you can time it with latency so you only have to stop and start casting for a fraction of a second before moving to have your portal drop anyway just requires some practice

and last yeah its Op if you can put it at a high vantage point but there isn't always one around and when there is people will either not chase you or a sneaky rogue will wait up top on your portal :S

I can see why, but it somehow would seem unfair; giving Warlocks an additional glyph slot. We'll see what happens to glyphs in Pand

I agree make it base and make the glyph a disarm, wouldn't you drop your weapon if it were on fire ? :)
Edited by Elack on 03/03/2012 19:36 GMT
Reply Quote
90 Orc Warlock
I think the pandaria talents look really promising for us warlocks.
Reply Quote
90 Orc Warlock
i'm a warlock boppidobidobidoo, i like daemoons like skukbubuss
Reply Quote
90 Human Mage
as affliction in bgs its awesome fun once ur geared, but in reality i have tried numerous 2 v 2s on my lock as affliction once we get a healer/dps combo we have to basically leave the game we get lucky if we get bad players, but if its two dps combo we win. So i agree affliction is bad for 2v2 it shines in 3 v 3 and 5 v 5s and fun in random bgs if ur geared . Fire mages = most fun ever thats why leveling this one heh
Reply Quote
90 Undead Warlock
Make friends with healers and random BGs will be awesome again as you can duo fairly large groups of bad players :)

I agree 2v2 is horrible though.

The changes would be way too much of a buff in 3v3, but since I don't have any changes myself I guess I applaud you for at least thinking about it.
Reply Quote
85 Human Warlock

Reduce CD on healthstone to 60 seconds, let healthstones stack to 3 and double the amount of healing

Demon armour not enough for you? :p

Although I understand your enthusiasm to have some ability we can use to break cc, this is perhaps a little over zealous.

That's just all kinds of wrong, it has a base 2 min cd for a reason - fear immunities cant break it etc.

And make the 70% slow on shadowflame baseline

These two however could be implemented, as they seem not too bad of ideas, would give room for a useful glyph other than having to get the slow effect. Although if they do increase the slow of CoE, I would have to say they would have to reduce the range of it, as otherwise theres no way theyre getting close to you, especially with the fearing (if able to control one target if you arent being nuked). And generally with a resto shammy on you, as seen in most cases, theres really not much chance for other classes.

Generally all I'd have to say is every class has a weak point, stick to the 3's and try to have as much fun as you can in those. If you stick in bg's on your own all day as a lock, ofcourse you're going to feel like raging & ranting, possibly even quitting the game because of your frustration.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]