[H+A] [Server-wide Announcement] MIASMA Aftershock

85 Undead Warlock
Smouldering ruins are left in their wake. Death, destruction, detrimental diseases. All result of their dreaded incursion into Stormwind.
The Forsaken hold the crown of victory. For now.

Through their stunt, the following disasters have occured in Stormwind:

• The Mage Tower has been heavily damaged, but not obliterated, by a powerful explosion - most wooden parts are either burned away or covered in sooth. Some debris are found on the ground.

• The Cathedral of Light in the Cathedral Square has been contaminated with a lessened version of the Plague - an engineered virus constructed to inflict the most harm before death.
    While initial clean up has removed the main bulk of it, residue covers the area in and around, and it is lethal to enter the catacombs. The effects of it are:
    - Heavy nausea.
    - Mild to severe headache.
    - Increased heart tempo.
    - Hallucinations.
    - Possible death is not treated.

• ___OOC___

Thanks a bunch for everyone showing up!
    We were on the verge of cancelling it due to lack of Horde attendees, and there were originally going to be more activities around SW, however people didn't show up. I certainly hope that you enjoyed it greatly regardless!
    Reply Quote
    85 Undead Priest
    I have to say big thanks to people on Alliance, who joined me and been very enthusiastic about it. You are -the- people, that remind me, why I like RP.

Won't be pointing fingers, but a lot of people were a disappointment. Big one.

Participants - /bow.
    Reply Quote
    81 Undead Priest
    We were killed a lot. Fun times were had. Tortures were had too. It was fun.
    Reply Quote
    85 Blood Elf Warrior
    03/03/2012 20:05Posted by Chloè
    Won't be pointing fingers, but a lot of people were a disappointment. Big one.

What do you mean by that? The people who participated or the ones who were ganking on Alliance?

I was Yummytail btw, the Draenei Paladin.

Well done to the organisers. It was a great event.
    Reply Quote
    81 Undead Priest
    03/03/2012 20:18Posted by Ajita
    I was Yummytail btw, the Draenei Paladin.

I will end you!
    Reply Quote
    85 Blood Elf Warrior
    Why? :(
    Reply Quote
    85 Undead Priest
    I meant some, that weren't there, sunshine. Those who were - are the best. :)

( Ellaire btw )
    Edited by Chloè on 03/03/2012 22:38 GMT
    Reply Quote
    85 Blood Elf Warrior
    I figured as much :) Looking forward to more tomorrow.
    Reply Quote
    90 Orc Warrior
    Damned Undead! Have your brains completely rotted away? Do you even understand the repercussions this may cause?

(That's me RP'ing in an OOC thread 8D but seriously glad to hear it went well, guys!)
    Reply Quote
    85 Undead Death Knight
    Despite barely any turn-up from Horde side, and some ganking from Alliance side. (No names mentioned)

GREATEST THANKS to Leo and Rathen for being there and helping us during the entire event despite not being Spine members. You two are the sort of people be need!

And a thanks to all the Alliance that did attend, Roleplayed, fought, and did not gank us!

Now I will return to a dark crypt, and do not ever say that the server need events again. See you all once it is time for the Hallowed Ball.
    Reply Quote
    85 Undead Priest
    You can deal with it, passive Horde. *snorts* Perhaps if you were of aid, we'd wreck their damned Capital enough for them to have nothing else to do, but rebuild their precious home.

And yes, I agree with Teorius.

By the way.
    *hugs Girem*
    Reply Quote
    I really really need to make a Forsaken for this sort of events... the only char I have that would potentially attend is my rogue and she'd just be going "Well well well what's all this then? Plaguing are we? Does the Warchief know? Eh? Eh?"
    Edited by Rykha on 04/03/2012 10:25 GMT
    Reply Quote
    85 Undead Priest
    You don't have to make anything. You can change TRP/MRP/Flag info for one night. It's not difficult and gives you a fresh touch with some random char you make up.
    Reply Quote
    90 Night Elf Druid
    I hope this is taken as constructive criticism:

If you're having an RP event as horde in an alliance capital city, it's an RP-PvP event, end of. It's just not realistic to expect alliance walking around SW to see a bunch of horde and not "gank." You're counting on having a critical mass of alliance players who a) have read these forums or otherwise heard of the event and understand the situation, b) understand your fine line between "attacking" and "ganking," c) agree with it, and d) are willing & able to police other alliance players.

So instead of hoping that having a bunch of horde players come to an alliance capital city is somehow not going to turn into a PvP war, accept that it will and have fun with that. I once organized a "Fishing in Orgrimmar" event. We went to fish. We knew we were going to be attacked, there was no way that wasn't going to happen, so we went prepared for that and wound up killing Thrall in addition to getting our fishing achievements, and I think most people had fun on both sides.

Just my two coppers, and great to see people trying events either way :)
    Edited by Myshe on 04/03/2012 13:44 GMT
    Reply Quote
    81 Undead Priest
    We knew we'd be ganked. We expected it to happen. We just didn't like the corpsecamping.
    Reply Quote
    90 Orc Warrior
    04/03/2012 10:12Posted by Chloè
    You can deal with it, passive Horde. *snorts* Perhaps if you were of aid, we'd wreck their damned Capital enough for them to have nothing else to do, but rebuild their precious home.

Watch what you say, undead, even my tolerance has its limits, there is a difference between being passive and refusing to mindlessly murder innocents, you taint our honour with your continued slaughters.
    Reply Quote
    85 Undead Warlock
    I hope this is taken as constructive criticism:

If you're having an RP event as horde in an alliance capital city, it's an RP-PvP event, end of. It's just not realistic to expect alliance walking around SW to see a bunch of horde and not "gank." You're counting on having a critical mass of alliance players who a) have read these forums or otherwise heard of the event and understand the situation, b) understand your fine line between "attacking" and "ganking," c) agree with it, and d) are willing & able to police other alliance players.

So instead of hoping that having a bunch of horde players come to an alliance capital city is somehow not going to turn into a PvP war, accept that it will and have fun with that. I once organized a "Fishing in Orgrimmar" event. We went to fish. We knew we were going to be attacked, there was no way that wasn't going to happen, so we went prepared for that and wound up killing Thrall in addition to getting our fishing achievements, and I think most people had fun on both sides.

Just my two coppers, and great to see people trying events either way :)

Yep, the 2-3 trial runs we did all ended in multiple deaths, but we enjoyed every single of it.
    And yup, we agree that it's highly unrealistic to expect an entire trade hub -not- to kill us, even gank us repeatedly. We were expecting to die 3-4 times going into the Cathedral as well, and our escape wasn't exactly going to be easy.

EDIT:
    However! What seemed to annoy a few of us, was the repeated gank/corpse-camp behind the cathedral when trying to escape it. Though this was none of the RPers - it was randomers (even so, it would've been nice if people could see that we didn't attack back - see why we mad?)
    That, plus more than a few mishaps from Alliance side. These -have- been rectified though, and no grudges are held any more.

Either way(!), we are deeply thankful for the sheer amount of Alliance RPers that showed up. So, a big thank you for the criticism, and a big thank you for everyone who joined in!
    Edited by Marwonaeth on 04/03/2012 15:48 GMT
    Reply Quote
    85 Undead Priest
    Innocents. I will see to remind you, calling Alliance scum innocents, when they will come to your home and murder your children and women.

As for ganking part. Yes, there's always one big butt, who will gank. But you'd think, when person is asked nicely, he'd stop. Those are annoying people, who blank out and ignore you. Yes, can't avoid them. Doesn't mean it pleases people - you'd assume some people have enough brains to stop, when asked to. :)
    Reply Quote
    90 Orc Warrior
    The only scum I see are you remorseless Forsaken, do you think the children will come to murder us? The tradespeople? Those that want nothing to do with this war? If they didn't before, they will now.

The circle of retaliation continues because of your reckless actions.
    Reply Quote
    04/03/2012 11:17Posted by Chloè
    You don't have to make anything. You can change TRP/MRP/Flag info for one night. It's not difficult and gives you a fresh touch with some random char you make up.
    I find it super-difficult to play evil characters. It's why I don't have any in my game roster and I don't think I'd be able to pull it off at all, not even for one night. I'm really sorry I couldn't attend this but I'm really really sure I wouldn't have really taken part if I did, because I would have spent the whole evening sat behind the screen going "...no! ...No, don't do that! :<" instead of roleplaying.
    Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
    Explain (256 characters max)
    Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]