Get bane away from Argent dawn already.

(Locked)

70 Human Warlock
A friend of mine started to play on Argent dawn for a bout three weeks ago now. And she isent older then 13. Fair enough, so she get to the point she starts to quest in duskwood.. and soon stopped to play, i asked why. And Its simply because, Bane. yes the GUILD BANE. Too Gore filled emotes, and what was it i heard something about some deathknight dragon,wizard with a Pen**... really.. this is just getting out of hands.. if Blizzard ACTUALLY allow such a violent and bloody guild to act and adapt to the Roleplaying community on Argent dawn. I'm sorry to say that most of the better or best Rpers are soon going to go away from it. Bane from what i have heard, ruined alot of other guilds aswell as RP sessions, cause they felt like it... i do not know if this is true or not. But im stating it. BANE must.. be stoped or removed atleast. This is getting to the disgusting point. Where you cant quest in duskwood cause of their influence and pleaguing of a quest area.
2 Troll Druid
/ignore
85 Draenei Warrior
Game is a 12+ not a bloody 21+ the gore ive seen i would expect to see in horror games.
85 Draenei Warrior
a Deathknight ... Dragon... with a pen** i can presume the bad side to it was this char was female? with a pen**
28 Night Elf Druid
04/03/2012 23:14Posted by Arinila
. yes the GUILD BANE. Too Gore filled emotes, and what was it i heard something about some deathknight dragon,wizard with a Pen**... really.. this is just getting out of hands..

A shame she didn't meet proper role players whose influence can be felt in the entire zone they RP in. Like Grim Dawn in Desolace, Hornmantled and Moonrise Hermitage in Ashenvale, or Stormwind Home Guard in Stormwind.
85 Night Elf Rogue
Sadly this isnt an uncommon thing on AD.
66 Worgen Priest
Well with this name of Bane growing all times, I still don't understand what people see in them, there are enough Rpers around that don't do those stuff and be evil, the ammount is small but atleast don't have that kind of sexual content for their guild.
85 Blood Elf Death Knight
Time to play the devil's lawyer.

So.. your friend got into RP with Bane. Fair enough. From what I've seen however, they don't force their (admittedly questionable) RP on people who don't willingly involve themselves. Much as I'm sorry to hear about your friend and their unfortunate experiences, you'd be better off writing a ticket to a GM than publically denouncing the guild on these forums.

I'd suggest you do so, and leave the naming and shaming to die. It's a predicatable and ultimately useless response to a problem you need solved.
100 Dwarf Warrior
True enough, we've a good deal of gorey RP, it's just the nature of the people that join Bane. While i can clarify that, i can however assure you we're doing nothing wrong, if she's creeped out by our RP, then we're RPing correctly, as Bane is a hedonistic group of like minded power hungering individuals.

Although i can point out you base your opinion on what you've heard, not what you know, alot of rumours you've likely heard are based on ignorance and prejudice, of which is unfounded and untrue. We're strict with how we keep our RP, if people step out of line we deal with them, thus far the only guilds we've had any real involvment with have been the Runehammer, and this is a highly plotted and equelly meted out development between both our guilds. Duskwood is a dark, gothic themed landscape, it is only natural for such murdersome creatures such as us to linger.

I would suggest however you delete this thread, why you did'nt post it on our realm forum is beyond me, however. This will achieve you nothing. Just bear in mind that if she dos'nt like what she hears while passing by, she's within her right to simply keep walking, Our RP hub is established within Raven hill, and it's very widely known so in all likelyhood once she's done leveling she won't be comming back.

With regards. Vaxir and Rickarla, leaders of Bane.
Edited by Rickárla on 05/03/2012 00:06 GMT
28 Night Elf Druid
05/03/2012 00:03Posted by Rickárla
I would suggest however you delete this thread

Why?
85 Draenei Warrior
They are creeped out most likely by all the gore im sure there is a limit to a 12+ game?
100 Dwarf Warrior
05/03/2012 00:07Posted by Spricket
This will achieve you nothing. Just bear in mind that if she dos'nt like what she hears while passing by, she's within her right to simply keep walking, Our RP hub is established within Raven hill, and it's very widely known so in all likelyhood once she's done leveling she won't be comming back.

'Just ignore it' doesn't make you magically unsee something.

Even if your Rp place is popular (And some people wouldn't hang around the community enough to know) you don't really own it. They shouldn't have to go away in the first place really.

05/03/2012 00:03Posted by Rickárla
if she's creeped out by our RP, then we're RPing correctly,

If your Rp made someone feel like halting their gameplay then you are doing something wrong.
From an IC perspective our standpoint with RP is to creep people out, There are countless people who roam through Raven hill, IC and ooc, most of them are likely the same age as her, yet none have had the need to express a distaste in RP that is as natural as hanging around the cathedral all day trying to look awsome. And at the expence of sounding arogent, which i'm seriously trying not to, the RP of a large hub such as Raven Hill comes at the expence of a single creeped out child.
63 Human Warlock
I think you're exaggerating, OP. I know little of the Guild in question, not even being from their server, but I doubt your friend viewed something so mind-scarringly horrific they felt the need to quit WoW.
There are far worse things in the initial game anyway. Thaddeus anyone? Heck, the whole of Northrend was pretty disturbing.
Also. It's a 12+ game. If your friend is under that age, they probably shouldn't be playing anyway.
100 Night Elf Death Knight
Rickarla pretty much summed it up. If your friend can recall the name of whom it was, recall exactly what they were doing, then they should open up a ticket to the Blizzard staff and have them investigate and if needs be take action upon the person. But from what you've said (the character description), it sounds like either a lie or exadurration or something similar as we don't have any people in the ranks like that, or at least that we know of - and probably wouldn't somebody in with a description like that.

If this isn't some spun up lie to spark rumor, as has happened in the past, then your friend has my apologies they had to come across what sounds like blatant rule breaking on the game and in our guild.

Alas, our guild 'mustn't be stopped or removed' as we keep to Blizzard's age policy of having to keep things acceptable for a twelve year old. Gore to an extent is acceptable, for example.

And to Sangella below: As we state in the thread take it up with the leaders in mail or in game, not in a thread.
Edited by Vaxir on 05/03/2012 00:21 GMT
85 Draenei Warrior
I have seen alot of gore filled emotes in bane maybe you do not see it but some of the members do take the gore over the top?
85 Night Elf Rogue
05/03/2012 00:07Posted by Spricket
If your Rp made someone feel like halting their gameplay then you are doing something wrong.

This a 100 times this.
This thread is locked.

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]