Frustrated... QQQ

85 Worgen Warrior
03/03/2012 06:57Posted by Lidoric
"Impossible"? Now I'm really tempted to call you a fanboi... :-)

Since you were so picky about "exactly" what you said, I'll be too. I said close too.
But yeah, feel free to enlighten us how you would balance us for all those different aspects while restricting yourself to blizzards design philosophy. I'll shut up if I can't find something to pick on :)

Only thing that doesn't make any sense is you, refusing to see the point. Just look at the statistics, there are a lot less warriors in high rated arena than it should be - and you are saying it's OK? There is no any "common sense" in that, just you failing to think fairly.

Refusing to see what point? I said in that scenario it'd be necessary to BUFF warriors and not NERF mages. When did I say warriors were ever good or okay in competetive pvp?
So where don't I make sense to you?

Who said it's the primary reason? When things are going down so hard and so fast, clever bussiness company will consider all possibilities to keep as many players as possible.

You implied it..
Reply Quote
90 Human Warrior

Warrior vs mage haven't been this imbalanced since vanilla. TBC gave us spell reflect and the water elemental was passive with max 2 charges of pet nova, we also had intercept. Wotlk gave us charge + intercept in combat. Now they gutted our mobility giving us charge and reducing spell refelct to 25s while mages have got a fair new things up their sleeve permanent pet, and different stuns.

TBC was probably the most balanced mage vs warrior ever so it's not a recurring 7 year problem. Nowadays mages counter us, period! Back then you could beat mages if they did something wrong.
Reply Quote
90 Human Warrior
02/03/2012 09:23Posted by Kensin
When you're balancing something it mostly has an impact on PvE

02/03/2012 11:21Posted by Swaggah
it's almost impossible to balance all classes/specs to be viable in every comp in every bracket

It is quite far from impossible to balance every single class on 1vs1 basis, and if removing raid grp buffs from pvp the balance will hold for any amount of players. However the thing that they have to do so is to finaly go on with 1 thing they started on warriors, meaning what they did with collosus smash, as it affects pve mobs with 100%arp, players with only 50%. They should in fact revised every single skill for pvp of every single class and made them having different dmg amount/impact in pve and pvp, while keeping the class specific diferencies, that is the easiest way to avoid big performance differences from class to class in both pve and pvp and that is the way they should have gone long ago.
Edited by Blagomils on 03/03/2012 13:41 GMT
Reply Quote
85 Orc Shaman
03/03/2012 13:39Posted by Blagomils
It is quite far from impossible to balance every single class on 1vs1 basis

Is it? When has this been in the last 7 years done? Never was it balanced so that any class could beat any other class in a duel with exactly equal chances.

I guess they just don't know how to do it. Maybe you should make an application, you can teach them a thing or two.
Reply Quote
90 Goblin Warrior
2v2 has been terrible for a long time.
Reply Quote
85 Worgen Warrior
03/03/2012 13:39Posted by Blagomils
It is quite far from impossible to balance every single class on 1vs1 basis, and if removing raid grp buffs from pvp the balance will hold for any amount of players. However the thing that they have to do so is to finaly go on with 1 thing they started on warriors, meaning what they did with collosus smash, as it affects pve mobs with 100%arp, players with only 50%. They should in fact revised every single skill for pvp of every single class and made them having different dmg amount/impact in pve and pvp, while keeping the class specific diferencies, that is the easiest way to avoid big performance differences from class to class in both pve and pvp and that is the way they should have gone long ago.

You're going outside the box of blizzards design philosophy here though. As blizzard does not want too do this and are actually removing this barrier in mop again for CS
Reply Quote
85 Human Warrior
Mage Disc is by far the hardest comp for any Warrior Healer team to beat. I'd say about 10 of my losses were to that comp, and the other ones were to Sham Lock on Blade's Edge.
Reply Quote
90 Undead Warrior
04/03/2012 05:23Posted by Solafid
Mage Disc is by far the hardest comp for any Warrior Healer team to beat. I'd say about 10 of my losses were to that comp,

Coming from high rated warr, I find this one comforting... tnx.

and the other ones were to Sham Lock on Blade's Edge.

Let me guess, teleport abuse..? :-)
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]