Symbiosis

85 Troll Druid
Hello.. Im currently looking on the recent information about this new ability for druids.

When I search I just find something posted by normal players and thats not what im looking for.
Reply Quote
85 Night Elf Rogue
What are you looking for?
Reply Quote
85 Human Rogue
02/03/2012 14:12Posted by Jiposs
What are you looking for?

02/03/2012 14:04Posted by Kapone
Im currently looking on the recent information about this new ability for druids.

Symbiosis

It really isn't that hard to put together, Jiposs.
Symbiosis is the Mastery for Restoration Druids. It increases the healing done to targets affected by [Rejuvenation], [Regrowth], [Lifebloom] and [Wild Growth].
Each point of Mastery increases heal potency by an additional 1.45%.

In other words, your healing spells will heal for more (including HoTs) on targets already affected by one of your heal-over-time abilities.
Reply Quote
85 Troll Druid
No. its the new ability we will get in MOP. I recently saw a blue post about what abilites we could copy , but now i forgot and i would like to read again
Reply Quote
85 Human Rogue
02/03/2012 14:30Posted by Kapone
No. its the new ability we will get in MOP. I recently saw a blue post about what abilites we could copy , but now i forgot and i would like to read again

Ah, my bad.

Druid: Symbiosis (level 87) Creates a symbiotic link which grants the druid one ability belonging to the target's class, varying by the druid's specialization. In exchange, grants the target one druid ability based on their class and combat role.

Source: http://wow.joystiq.com/2011/11/25/mists-of-pandaria-new-ability-roundup/

I'm not entirely sure what it'll do, but that's the description from a quick google search.
Reply Quote
85 Night Elf Druid
Correct me if i´m wrong but i remmeber geting Hand of Sacrifice, Soul Swap, Ice Block, Mirror Image and Leap of Faith those were the one i read about rest we have to wait until MoP beta hopefully :D
I do not remmeber witch once we were giving away
Edited by Etapic on 02/03/2012 14:43 GMT
Reply Quote
90 Worgen Druid
Correct me if i´m wrong but i remmeber geting Hand of Sacrifice, Soul Swap, Ice Block, Mirror Image and Leap of Faith those were the one i read about rest we have to wait until MoP beta hopefully :D
I do not remmeber witch once we were giving away

It's still in development, so those aren't final. They also mentioned giving Dash to hunters, rejuvenation to warlocks, rebirth to paladins, via symbiosis.

We aren't giving abilities away, we are copying one of the other person and they copy one of ours.
Edited by Nimoku on 02/03/2012 15:13 GMT
Reply Quote
90 Worgen Druid
Found some Blizzard clarification on wowhead news regarding Symbiosis.
The Druid will select a raid or party member and cast Symbiosis on them.
The target cannot be another Druid.
The target gains a buff that tells them what spell they have temporarily learned, and that spell temporarily appears in their spellbook, and they can drag it to an action bar.
The Druid’s Symbiosis button will become the ability they gained from the target class.
The Symbiosis link is cancelled if: the Druid clicks off the Symbiosis buff, or the Druid or the target changes continents or enters or exits an instance, or the Druid or the target changes talent specializations.
Symbiosis fails to cast if Symbiosis is already active on that target.
Symbiosis cannot be cast in combat.
For the non-Druid target, the icon will revert to a placeholder (uncastable) Symbiosis icon when Symbiosis ends, but will become the Symbiosis-granted ability again the next time Symbiosis is cast on that target.
The ability gained from Symbiosis is always something chosen to match the Druid’s specialization and the target’s combat role.
The target always gets the same spell unless they change combat roles. A Druid of a given specialization always gets the same spell from each different class. If there is a change of specs, there is a change of spell.
Here are some examples of spells gained through Symbiosis. The spells shared focus on utility, cooldowns, and survival. (Adding Fireball to a Moonkin’s rotation sounds cool on paper, but wouldn’t actually be fun in the long run.)

Balance: Chains of Ice, Mirror Image, Mass Dispel
Feral: Feign Death (Play Dead!), Frost Nova, Soul Swap
Guardian: Ice Trap, Fear Ward, Consecration
Restoration: Ice Block, Hand of Sacrifice, Leap of Faith
Hunter: Dash
Warlock: Rejuvenation
Holy Paladin: Rebirth
Arms/Fury Warrior: Enrage
Enhancement/Elemental Shaman: Solar Beam

http://www.wowhead.com/guide=5.0&talents
Edited by Metalsonic on 02/03/2012 16:42 GMT
Reply Quote
90 Tauren Druid
WTB evasion :D

I remember them mentioning they wanted to give CD's and us to receive CD's mostly short 2-3mins but rebirth is up there so that's a long one.

And then I saw Warlock: Rejuvenation. It's not a CD and I don't see them actually using it, I mean they didn't roll healers.

I am interested to see how abilities which deal damage which are outside of our schools of damage work. See consecration: holy damage, will it change to nature or arcane? Or will we get to have random damage schools thrown around?
Reply Quote
90 Worgen Druid
About the warlock rejuvenation, I really think Blizzard is heading them for having quite am emphasis on self healing, since quite a lot of their talents are that. Sure looks quite interesting though, looks like another class of mine that might be able to solo old content efficiently. ^_^
Reply Quote
90 Tauren Druid
03/03/2012 13:10Posted by Metalsonic
About the warlock rejuvenation, I really think Blizzard is heading them for having quite am emphasis on self healing, since quite a lot of their talents are that. Sure looks quite interesting though, looks like another class of mine that might be able to solo old content efficiently. ^_^

It just seems weird that in a PvE environment (raid/dungeon) they would need their own heal to cast on themselves as opposed to the healers healing them. Put for PvP I can see it being awesome!
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Druid
give a hot will make locks way too powerful (talking mostly in pvp) they already have ways to get hp back. As for being weird i would't say it is since blizz is trying to bring dps,tank,healing classes closer to each so e.g. you wont need a tank or healer in raids if a dps can do both like hunter tanking or dk self healing

i still dont understand the use of hand of sacrifice... i guess we will have to combine with barkskin like palas do with their 1 min bubble (20 reduction or 40% magic reduction) but still is way too risky for us to use a cd like that .

i like iceblock though since we were lacking a survival cd which if we had right now our pve status would be much better (mainly talking 25man),
Edited by Apostoloss on 04/03/2012 13:26 GMT
Reply Quote
1 Night Elf Druid
Found some Blizzard clarification on wowhead news regarding Symbiosis.
The Druid will select a raid or party member and cast Symbiosis on them.
The target cannot be another Druid.
The target gains a buff that tells them what spell they have temporarily learned, and that spell temporarily appears in their spellbook, and they can drag it to an action bar.
The Druid’s Symbiosis button will become the ability they gained from the target class.
The Symbiosis link is cancelled if: the Druid clicks off the Symbiosis buff, or the Druid or the target changes continents or enters or exits an instance, or the Druid or the target changes talent specializations.
Symbiosis fails to cast if Symbiosis is already active on that target.
Symbiosis cannot be cast in combat.
For the non-Druid target, the icon will revert to a placeholder (uncastable) Symbiosis icon when Symbiosis ends, but will become the Symbiosis-granted ability again the next time Symbiosis is cast on that target.
The ability gained from Symbiosis is always something chosen to match the Druid’s specialization and the target’s combat role.
The target always gets the same spell unless they change combat roles. A Druid of a given specialization always gets the same spell from each different class. If there is a change of specs, there is a change of spell.
Here are some examples of spells gained through Symbiosis. The spells shared focus on utility, cooldowns, and survival. (Adding Fireball to a Moonkin’s rotation sounds cool on paper, but wouldn’t actually be fun in the long run.)

Balance: Chains of Ice, Mirror Image, Mass Dispel
Feral: Feign Death (Play Dead!), Frost Nova, Soul Swap
Guardian: Ice Trap, Fear Ward, Consecration
Restoration: Ice Block, Hand of Sacrifice, Leap of Faith
Hunter: Dash
Warlock: Rejuvenation
Holy Paladin: Rebirth
Arms/Fury Warrior: Enrage
Enhancement/Elemental Shaman: Solar Beam

http://www.wowhead.com/guide=5.0&talents

OMFG F*CK YEAH!!

I wonder what other options could be.

Maybe hunter will give deterrence/disengage/feign death to moonkin/resto.
Druid will give dash.

Dk could give the anti stun/dmg reduce spell or the ams to resto/feral. Dk gives chains of ice to moonkin.
Druid could give a stun/interrupt/dash/barkskin.

Rogue could give vanish, blind, cloak or smokebomb (the latter might be a bit to OP to give).
Druid could give dash as well.

Mage will give Mirror immage, frostnova and iceblock.
Moonkin could give moonfire/barkskin/rejuv.

Pala could give exorcism, freedom. It will give hand of sacrafice.
Druid will give rebirth to holy. It could give barkskin to prot and dash/roots to retri.

Priest will give mass dispel as shadow as i understand and leap as holy/disc.
Moonkin could give moonfire/solar beam/stun/interrupt/roots/cursepoison dispel to shadow and a hot to disc/holy.

Warrior could give heroic leap/charge.
Druid will give enrage to arms/fury war. Druid could give barkskin to prot.

Shaman could give thunderstorm(lol + typhoon)/purge/wind shock/shamanistic rage/riptide.
Druid will give solar beam to ele/enha. Druid could give a hot to resto.

edti:I forgot warlock.
Moonkin will give rejuv. Warlock will give soulswap to feral.
Warlock could give some armor/lifetap/shadowburn/corruption or conflagrate to the other druidspecs.
Pets? (give pretty please). Imp yus yus (lets remain modest xD).
Maybe UA could be cool (than you dont have to hold hands with the lock in bg, because you have UA yourself, but i dont know how bad or good UA would be for pve. If wrath/starfire would refresh it, than it would be pretty neat i guess).

Yeah i kinda skipped guardian.

This looks like such an insanely fun spell. Lot of diversity.
Edited by Moonfirespam on 04/03/2012 16:41 GMT
Reply Quote
85 Night Elf Druid
WTB Beta testing *_*
Reply Quote
85 Troll Druid
Mirror Image .. 3x Boomkins.. OMNOMNOM then I might not have to choose the treants in talents..
Reply Quote
I can't wait till it gets called OP and nerfed into being worthless.
Reply Quote
1 Night Elf Druid
05/03/2012 14:18Posted by Kurisu
I can't wait till it gets called OP and nerfed into being worthless.

that aint the right attitude bruv!!

xD.

It will be awesome and remain awesome.
Reply Quote
85 Night Elf Druid
05/03/2012 10:34Posted by Kortstubin
Mirror Image .. 3x Boomkins.. OMNOMNOM then I might not have to choose the treants in talents..

Why not 4x boomkins and 3 treants /flex IMMA FACKING ONEMAN ARMY
Edited by Etapic on 05/03/2012 15:05 GMT
Reply Quote
1 Night Elf Druid
5v5.

4 boomkins, all with 3 boomkin immages and 3 treant times 4! (1 mage.)

16x boomkin(images included) + 12x treants=28 druid targets.

Than add 1 mage, 3 immages, 1 Waterele and 1 orb.

Opposing team:
Keyboardturners who target players through the tabbutton.
opposing team player: AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAH THIS IS MADNESS!!!!!!!!

lol.
Reply Quote
90 Tauren Druid
Would love to see Heroic Leaping boomkin one of my favourite talents as my warrior :)
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]