Topic Your best/worst moment on KT
Edited by Falter on 19/03/12 23:40 (GMT)
MOOOO! RHUNOK! <3
I came to KT during Wrath and spent 3 joyful years raiding and jesting with the many great people. Sadly, this came to a sudden end leading many of these great people to foresee a different path within the game and in real life.
I’ll start with the bad times, ending with the highs!
<Hymn>Unfortunately, like most guilds on a struggling realm, Hymn could not progress much further due to the, oh so typical, lack of signs and lack of new recruits. A small bunch of us were thirsty for more progress and had realised Hymn was slowly losing its spark. With much regret, we decided to leave.
<Hymn>Wiping for about a month on Sindragosa wonder what the hell we were doing wrong…bad times…
Caemon– great guy, great tank. He made a great partnership alongside Rhunok when tanking in Hymn. They were like the unstoppable wall consisting of a cow and belf. It was a shame to see him quit!
<Equniox> The demise of what was the best guild I have ever played in. The guild folded due to reasons which I feel could have been solved with a bit of patience…. However this was not the case. Many of us joined other guilds and migrated to other realms after this. Some of us still play casually together now!
The gOoOoooooOOOOd times!
<Equinox> When Equniox started we were short certain classes. For the purpose of getting the guild up and running, I gave up Falter (DK) and levelled my old Shaman which I had kept since vanilla times, Chongism. I was still replacing a couple of blue HC items when we managed to down Ragnaros within the first week! Words cannot describe how well established we were as a guild. Being such a close bunch of players from Hymn, it was hard not to get on with one another. I don’t think you could ask for a better bunch of guildies. Progression was our goal, but being good friends was much more important. The raid atmosphere was always so relaxed yet retained plenty of enough seriousness to get the job done. I can’t help but to feel slightly emotional writing this post and to have seen the end of Equinox. It’s just a game but it’s more about the people you meet playing the game.
To show you guys how amazing our breaks were during raid, watch this video:
For all our Kill videos and random videos of equinox, see the links below:
<Hymn> I was so grateful for a promising and progressing guild to take me on board as a trial raider – coming from a semi-hardcore raiding background I was surprised to how laid back these guys were! No moaning, no yelling down vent, no QQ’ing, everyone was so friendly and the raid atmosphere was just absolute comedy! The single funniest moment I recall – Fedriana, then guild leader, led 25 troops to heal up the mighty Valithria Dreamwalker. After many hours of wiping and costly repair bills, we managed to heal her up to about 99% thinking we had the last percent covered until Fedriana yells on vent “WE GOT IT!!!” Everyone’s jaws dropped to desk with sheer excitment, healers stopped healing and dps turned to face Valithria to find her still lying on the ground. That caused us to wipe with probably about 100k left to heal (I BLAME MOOBIES!!!!)
Ok so, we all know Taurens are the best class in the game? I mean warstomp in PvE was so helpful in many encounters! This video was made by an ex Hymnian, Puffeh. It is dedicated to all the Tauren players in the game!
To tell you a little about Puffeh, he edits some kind of WoW related magazine in Sweden and wrote an entire article on Hymn. I was even in one of the screenshots! Unfortunately, I can’t find the clippings anywhere; else I would have shared them with you guys!
I’m sorry to have waffled on for a bit, but I thought I’d share the best moments of KT and pretty much the entire 7 years of playing this game.
Peace out KT.
Falter – DK /Chongism - Shaman
Edited by Rhunok on 22/03/12 00:30 (GMT)
Mooooooooo!!! I love you Falter, I F*CKING LOVE YOUUU <3
Brilliant post and totally agree with you on <Hymn> and <EquinoX> incredible guilds with incredible people especially <EquinoX> Everyone knew everyone and just cracked around like that all day long and still got progress done so quality of players and people were very high in there.
The call:"WE GOT IT!!" from Fedriana when Valithria was on 99% healed and everyone just stopped doing what they did and wiped after that was hilarious. That said and I´d like to make this official. If anything goes wrong on Kul Tiras ever again, no matter what it is, ALWAYS BLAME MOOBIES!
Yeah miss playing WoW with Caemon, he´s also the IRL ex-hardcore friend I was talking about, but he was called: Darkeye and was a nelf male hunter back then in <Endless Scream>.
- First time I got to free server back in like 2005/6, was there for like half year and then I needed to go officials!
- Leveling in Vanilla with friends
- Was sure time back in TBC I was in Repentance ( Oh god TDR the Addicted! :D - he is playing on Kazzak alliance by the way for those who dont know )
- The Burning Crusade
- Joining Pretentious in WOTLK
- Loved the race for OS3D ( we killed it like 5 mins before Vanquish if I am not mistaken? If ye someone correct me )
- Wiping up to 5,00 am with Faf, Nec, Mili, Marie (Pret. not sure who was the else there BBR maybe? Its too long now :( ) etc. on Deconstructor 10 man on Ulduar patch day when I was getting up at 5,30 to work
- Joining SOD, I love the atmosphere with all those mofos! I rushed trough a bit lot of guilds, communities and never felt more like at home like in here. Loved the raiding style, not that much hardcore and nolife stuff but still we could success
- X-fering my main
- Greylock ( really this, really first and last time a tear came down because of WoW ), hope you still trying to piss me off up there GREY! /RIP :(
- Pretentious disband back in WoTLK
- Looking for Group system patch ( give back good ol´: Healer LFG daily HC!! ), this pretty much killed the community for me ( at some point )
- Also all the anger and hatred on the forums in here ( this is small server, why we should be so much ugly to each other I dont really understand, we should be like more and better community than any other bigger servers to be honest )
- Sinestra race ( and the anger all around that, the time all the moaning about 10 / 25 started )
High Points -
Early life with Soulstone
Pendulum in Wrath
Running heroics at the start of cataclysm with guildies in Regulators before the gear creep and patches nerfed them to hell.
Shacor, the tent and the sandwich ........ epic
Low points -
Losing good friends to the cataclysm
Finally realizing that I couldnt stay on Kul Tiras any longer as my goals weren't being met there
Edited by Vanuxx on 25/03/12 11:00 (BST)
Played since a few months before TBC on KT and:
Aquiring Legendarys.. on a more serous note....
Getting realm first madness hc, even if it was way after the patch its still an incredible feeling to achieve with such awesome guildies <3
Joining Elysium in the end of vanilla
joining a MC 40man raidpug with my mage back in vanilla o.0
the end of 25 man raiding on horde side (except regulators, believe its only them left?)
alot more... cba writing everything down.
Edited by Drisana on 27/03/12 12:04 (BST)
Best...hmm where to start...
Levelling in vanilla, first mmo - biggest noob warrior, like EVER. Meeting people like Mozzi, Buknoy, Brujilda, Shodan, Shakey, Souperior, Tripled, Alterna, and ofc Vainzki and Isilgalad. Really fun times. And Khaelelf.../sniff...on Kazzak.../sniff....
Joining Illuminati in tbc, Ireruggrats, Litehammer, Beatus, Xanestra and Moh - illu guild council, then finally joining it as officer.
Saturday 'old skool' runs through Bwl, aq20 + 40, mc, old naxxramas with some of the best players on the realm, luna and his 39 shards - spamming a gm on the last nite of old naxx asking for just one shard to drop - and getting a warning that if the raid didnt stop putting tickets in - we were all getting a ban...but we tried :/. Doing the green sceptre chain. Discovering ungoro by backpedalling away from two wasps at the bottom of tanaris and falling off the cliff..../cough
Have so many good memories...
Leaving Illuminati, joining Quintessence, then leaving the realm....Hard to find a guild now that the game is so different.
Setting aside the game for a break, as I cant bear to see what Blizz are doing to it, rewriting or simply scribbling out the deep, rich lore, in favour of pop culture references etc. Not even sure I will play MoP, but time will tell :/
Hope everyone on the realm is doing fine :)
Edited by Drudatz on 28/03/12 21:58 (BST)
Best Things since I am on KT:
- The Guilds: "Forsaken Sunrise", "Unforgivens", "Undead Guardians", "Regulators", "Venguance", "Shadows of Doom"
- The Players: Fazh, Hezekiah, Purplerat, Lekkerbekkie, alot of the Unforgiven-Crew, Madlibrean, the Girl Playing WoW AND LURKING here :-P
- The Events: AQ Server Event
- The Guilds: "Forsaken Sunrise", "Unforgivens", "Undead Guardians", "Shadows of Doom" getting crushed by the age of the game
- The Players: Lekkerbekkies & Greylocks Death ;(
- These new Guilds that have to promoted their getting Legendary Daggers on Trade...
- These new Guilds that have one Server first, exists since 3 month and think they are Kings
- The KT Players in LFR beating on other KT Players
- These new Players that come to a fight without being able read up on their chars, fights, stats, etc
- Everybody is blaming Bugalysm but its the "Players" these days that ruins the game...