PvP Mechanics were so good in wotlk

2 Undead Hunter
http://warcraftmovies.com/movieview.php?id=99773

Seriously, bring mechanics back to how they were in this vid.
RvR was so good in wotlk:<

also bring back old gouge sound, swirly ball & old poison proc animation!!

Bring back the skill&fun factor!
Reply Quote
100 Dwarf Shaman
i like cataclysm more. and yes i play other classes than shaman.
Reply Quote
76 Undead Mage
10/03/2012 00:37Posted by Mgzjunior
Cata is a joke compared to WoTLK. Any decent PvPer knows this.
Reply Quote
85 Night Elf Rogue
I would say this season is almost at the same level as s5 with the pve having such high factor in high rated pvp atm.
Reply Quote
86 Gnome Mage
0.98 sheeps.

EDIT: And yeah using rocket boots wasn't exactly a pinnacle of skill, but the video seemed well edited.
Edited by Tayen on 10/03/2012 01:13 GMT
Reply Quote
2 Undead Hunter
You watched it and pointed out the rocket boots? :|

How about the fast reaction with gouge when his opponent trinkets blind.
Or how good he is with chain-cc.

Good god I loved rogues back when vanish could dodge things, and no recuperate was there to make up for your mistakes.

;(
Reply Quote
86 Gnome Mage
Agreed certain fights were based on skill, just myself personally when I find myself watching these videos I find a lot of their opponents pretty sub par, and 2vs1'ing them or whatever generally isn't that much of a challenge. Didn't watch all of it mind you but I might do tomorrow!
Reply Quote
2 Undead Hunter
10/03/2012 01:53Posted by Tayen
Agreed certain fights were based on skill, just myself personally when I find myself watching these videos I find a lot of their opponents pretty sub par, and 2vs1'ing them or whatever generally isn't that much of a challenge. Didn't watch all of it mind you but I might do tomorrow!

I recommend you watch unmercey 9.5 & Unmercey 39 volume 1 aswell.
Reply Quote
85 Undead Mage
10/03/2012 00:52Posted by Faceròll

WotLK and Cata are both jokes compared to TBC. At least there you didn't get globalled. You did in wotlk and you do in cata.
Reply Quote
17 Human Hunter
10/03/2012 00:52Posted by Faceròll
WoTLK is a joke compared to TBC. Any decent PvPer knows this.
Reply Quote
85 Human Rogue
You watched it and pointed out the rocket boots? :|

How about the fast reaction with gouge when his opponent trinkets blind.
Or how good he is with chain-cc.

Good god I loved rogues back when vanish could dodge things, and no recuperate was there to make up for your mistakes.

;(
While vanish had this mechanic removed, Shadowmeld still keeps it.

Sigh.

I want my old vanish back, where it required some brain to use vanish instead of how it's failsafe now. I can see Blizzard's reasoning that it works now as it intended to (more or less) than before, but definitely lowered the PvP Skill factor of the ability.

Hopefully MoP will bring PvP good again. Hopefully. I have high hopes!
Edited by Recycle on 10/03/2012 08:47 GMT
Reply Quote
76 Undead Mage
10/03/2012 08:22Posted by Petpewpew
TBC
Except that there wasn't anything special about TBC. PvP reached its peak in WoTLK for a reason.
Reply Quote
S6, s7, were the most balanced arena seasons this game has ever seen. All the DK/Pala s5 and Shadowmourne/Caster Haste scaling s8 haters can shut up already...
Reply Quote
85 Night Elf Priest
10/03/2012 09:22Posted by Faceròll
Except that there wasn't anything special about TBC. PvP reached its peak in WoTLK for a reason.

Yep, thats why people were complaining all the time, about how unbalanced pvp was, and how there was only one season that was actually somewhat balanced in wotlk.
Sure, s7 was probably the most balanced season ever, but that doesnt make up for how stupid DKs were in s5, or how you would die in a blanket silence, cos you got a feared into the open, in s8.
Reply Quote
10 Undead Priest
TBC was only amazing because 95% of the population didn't know how to play the game in the way people did in WOTLK and Cata. I don't even think I saw a priest death a poly until around season 3.

WOTLK was the glory days skill wise, because you could noticably change the direction of the game by your own personal play. e.g deathing blinds/vanishing death coils, csing fel dom.
Most of these mechanics have simply been removed in Cata.

and how there was only one season that was actually somewhat balanced in wotlk.

Theres never been a balanced season in the game, everyone knows S5 was ridiculous; but if you compare that to how pointless and bad Cata has been every season.

If you look at WoWarchive.yg people really weren't complaining as much as you seem to think. Compared to the posts today, which are 99% complaints; including this one.
Edited by Footgoose on 10/03/2012 10:05 GMT
Reply Quote
85 Undead Warlock
10/03/2012 09:22Posted by Faceròll
TBC was soooo much more fun than wotlk. Wotlk was rather boring compared, but cata is aweful compared to both of them. Anyways, there are so many aspects of TBC that Wotlk and cata cant even be compared to. In TBC Skill>comp, world pvp was great (IoQ world pvp :') ). Raiding was somewhat hard. Arena was a joy. Oh TBC, if only I could bring you back... :(
Reply Quote
85 Undead Warlock
10/03/2012 10:03Posted by Footgoose
WOTLK was the glory days skill wise
No.
Reply Quote
10/03/2012 08:22Posted by Aevi

WotLK and Cata are both jokes compared to TBC. At least there you didn't get globalled. You did in wotlk and you do in cata.

Man, finally someone who makes sense on these forums.

Well done.
Reply Quote
10 Undead Priest
WOTLK was the glory days skill wise
No.

I don't think you understand the reason why TBC was good.

If the game was reverted to the state it was in TBC with 4 second RNG stuns on weapons and talents, it would be hardly as good as you remember. The same mechanics existed in WOTLK as did in TBC, however alot of the absolutely broken stuff was removed, like sl/sl locks with resto druids.

Overall, people have gotten better at the game; people didn't fake cast until around season 2 -3 and the majority of people still backpeddled in whatever bracket you played in.

The reason the best players were so good and seen to be so skilled, is because the majority of players were so bad at the game.

Compared to the game being reverted to S7, you'd probably see the best players rise to the top of the ladder and bad players revert back to the bottom. Which doesn't really happen in Cata.

I don't disagree that TBC was much more fun though.
Edited by Footgoose on 10/03/2012 10:27 GMT
Reply Quote
85 Undead Warlock
In tbc you could play any comp you wanted to, cus fotm teams (except rmp) didnt stop you from succeeding. Yeah, players was in general much worse than now, but thats what 1500 rating bracket was for. Now anyone can faceroll to 2.2k...same in wotlk. Since wotlk the burst dmg is out of controll and the cc and cd timing isnt even important anymore. Blind, sheep etc while people are dotted or bleeded..
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]