Guild name change

22 Orc Warrior
This may have been asked many times in the past, but does anyone know how to go about a guild name change?
Does there need to be a huge reason for a name change for the GMs to change it?

The reason I'm asking this is that I have a level 25 fairly inactive guild (at most 3 people online compared to it's hay-day of around 20) that I'd like to get back on to its feet.
It would be a shame to waste a lvl25 guild to start a new one just for the sake of a name change.
We had a pretty good rep' on the server when the guild was active so that certainly isn't the reason for the change. The guild had gone through many changes, changing of officers and guild leaders as well over the last few years and had it's own personal baggage... so it'd be a nice fresh start with a new sparkly name!
Reply Quote
22 Orc Warrior
Ah-ha, I found a little more info about how to go about a name change. :)

http://eu.battle.net/support/en/article/guild-name-change

If anyone has any personal experience about changing guild names and if it had a positive vibe to those left in the guild I'd love to hear it.

I will of course be contacting everyone in the guild and getting them involved as much as I can before going ahead with it.
Reply Quote
85 Blood Elf Priest
Usual Perk guilds wouldn't care about the name change, if the name do no change from a normal one to some retarded one. I have gone through a name change, literally nothing has changed
Reply Quote
I can't believe they charge for this. It should be as simple as typing in a new name and limit it to one change every 6 months or something.

Scandalous.
Reply Quote
88 Tauren Priest
12/04/2012 18:31Posted by Blackarm
I can't believe they charge for this. It should be as simple as typing in a new name and limit it to one change every 6 months or something.
Mehh, thats not gonna bring much monies into the blizzard coffers now is it?

The old fashioned way was to get someone else to 'report' your guild name for some reason, you were contacted by GM and asked what you would like to rename it too, but now i think GM's just change it to '(guildmasters) army' or somesuch, and if you want a decent name you then need to pay for a change anyway.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]