Legendary Customer Service Success

19 Human Warrior

I had disconnection issues for the last two months i had like fifteen tickets about it. I tried what i have been told by the GMs in every reply.
But nothing worked out for me until i stumble upon a thread on wow-us forums which solved the problem totally.
I had to add ( SET timingMethod "1") command line to my " World of Warcraft\WTF\Config.wtf file http://us.battle.net/wow/en/forum/topic/2743697950?page=1#18

In the end as it turned out to be a fault on Blizzard side i claimed a refund on my prepaid two month subsciription fee.

And they gave me 3 days :)) (as a joke i guess). I re-ticketted the issue and the next answer was even more funny they said it was my fault to experince the disconnection issues and i haven't deleted Wtf ,Cache files as they suggested me.
But actually i deleted those files more then one occasion and further more i formatted my pc and re downloaded the game via Wow Launcher.
How can a file get configed even it was freshly installed on a formatted hard-drive?
And if that is the issue whay are you giving me 3 extra days?
Reply Quote
90 Tauren Paladin
I had disconnection issues for the last two months i had like fifteen tickets about it. I tried what i have been told by the GMs in every reply.
But nothing worked out for me until i stumble upon a thread on wow-us forums which solved the problem totally.
I had to add ( SET timingMethod "1") command line to my " World of Warcraft\WTF\Config.wtf file http://us.battle.net/wow/en/forum/topic/2743697950?page=1#18

In the end as it turned out to be a fault on Blizzard side i claimed a refund on my prepaid two month subsciription fee.

Correction: The problem still resides on your system, that you changed a configuration file to fix the symptom, does not mean you have solved the problem.

And they gave me 3 days :)) (as a joke i guess). I re-ticketted the issue and the next answer was even more funny they said it was my fault to experince the disconnection issues and i haven't deleted Wtf ,Cache files as they suggested me.
But actually i deleted those files more then one occasion and further more i formatted my pc and re downloaded the game via Wow Launcher.
How can a file get configed even it was freshly installed on a formatted hard-drive?
And if that is the issue whay are you giving me 3 extra days?

Well the 3 days may have been their gesture of good will on the matter.

You should probably have been redirected you to technical support on the first ticket though as this isn't really their area of expertise.

As always you can contact WoWConcernsEU@Blizzard.com if you are unhappy with the service of your tickets :)
Edited by Fiskerdin on 15/03/2012 17:10 GMT
Reply Quote
19 Human Warrior
I am adding all the tickets and answers here.

Garam @ Draenor
Hello,

Like a month ago i had an disconnection issues and submitted a ticket. Yor ans wer was the classic delete cache ,wtf and addons stuff . even after i did those remedies nothing changed and reticketted the following answer to that was "you have been suffering fromm some technical diffdiculties and u were aware of the problem. Eventually the disconnects gone away untill today.
I experinced lots of disconnet in various situations today ( at dungeons , questing..etc.) so i need your help.
14/1/2012 13:17

<snip>
Customer Service Representative
Thank you for contacting Blizzard Entertainment.

I tried to talk to you in game but unfortunatelly you were not connected :(

If you are unable to stay connected to World of Warcraft or are being disconnected shortly after logging into the game, the troubleshooting steps below should help keep you connected. Test your connection to the game after attempting each step; they all have the potential to solve your disconnection issue.

- Remove your Addons.

Many disconnections can be caused by outdated or badly configured addons requesting large amounts of data from the game server and surrounding players. Please delete the Cache, Interface and WTF folders from within your World of Warcraft directory. Do not reinstall any addons before testing the game again.

- Check for updates.

Download the latest service pack and updates for your operating system:
http://eu.blizzard.com/support/article/45602

Download and install the latest drivers for your chipset and wireless network device. Both these sets of drivers can be downloaded from the respective manufacturer's website.

Check that you have the latest firmware installed for your router. Like drivers, the latest firmware update available for your router should be available to download from the manufacturer's website.

- Forward TCP Ports 3724, 1119, 4000, 6112, 6113 and 6114 & UDP Port 3724.

Your World of Warcraft installation uses TCP Ports 3724, 1119, 4000, 6112, 6113 and 6114 to communicate with our servers, if you use the in-game Voice Chat feature, UDP Port 3724 is also used. Forwarding these ports on your router can help improve your connection to the game. Your router manual should give instructions detailing how to forwarded ports, if not, you may find details on the router manufacturer's support pages.

Port forwarding instructions for many routers can also be found on the following third party website:
http://www.portforward.com/

- Improve the stability of your connection.

Wireless connections are prone to interference, if you are able, please connect to your router device using a wired Ethernet connection. This will help troubleshoot whether the wireless connection is compounding the issue.

If you are not able to test the game by using a wired Ethernet connection, you will need to ensure that your wireless connection is as stable as possible. Microsoft has given the following advice for improving wireless connections:
http://www.microsoft.com/athome/moredone/wirelesstips.mspx

If the problem persists, we will need you to send us the following files in order to help you further:

Instructions on how to create a trace route report to the realm you play on are available here:
http://eu.blizzard.com/support/article/18888

In order to create the system diagnostic files, please work through the steps available here:
http://eu.blizzard.com/support/article/21293

If you have any additional questions or concerns, please reply to this ticket and we'll get back to you as soon as possible.

Regards,

<snip>
Blizzard Entertainment
14/1/2012 17:42

Garam @ Draenor
Hello again ,

i keep getting disconnected at random places so i am sending u my tracer route reports and diagnostic files. I hope you can help me out.

Thanks in advance.
Ali,
DxDiag.txt
tracert.txt
msinfo.txt
2/2/2012 19:23
<snip>
Hello Ali,

I have had a look at your diagnostic files for you and the first thing I see is you are running a 2 programs called tuneuputilitiesservice64.exe and tuneuputilitiessapp64.exe

Both of them are programs that are known to case FPS and latency/disconnection issues. If you feel you need to run programs such as this to "speed" up your computer, you should test your computer with and without them running. I am quite sure you will find it runs better without them.

You would be better upgrading the amount of memory your computer has. You only have 2 GB of ram, which when running Windows 7 Ultimate 64bit, leaves very little memory for anything else to run. When you made the msinfo file, you only had 127mb of memory not being used. The 64 bit versions of windows 7 recomend a minium of 2gb just to run itself.

You also had uTottent running. If you are seeding or downloading anything it will, without fail cause you to have high latency and disconnections.

Your network driver is also very out of date (2009). Please check realtek's website for a newer driver (your network card is Realtek RTL8168B/8111B Family PCI-E Gigabit Ethernet NIC (NDIS 6.20))

Your tracert looks perfectly fine, so I think it is very likely to be the combination of the 3 programs you are running, the low amount of memory your computer has (for a computer running windows 7) and the old network drivers that is causing your disconnections.

Kind regards,

Game Master <Snip>
Blizzard Entertainment Europe

How to properly secure your account:
http://eu.battle.net/en/security/
2/2/2012 20:27

Garam @ Draenor
Hello,

First of all thank you Blockaarg for the swift and caring reply. But even after i applied the remedies you offered.

1. Got rid of the the "tune up" grogram.
2. Purchased 2 gb of ram.
3. Updated my network driver.
4. Disabled utorrent.
I keep getting disconnected. I am sending my new dxdiag and msinfo reports. Hope you guys can help me out.

Thanks in advance,

Ali,
msinfo.txt
DxDiag.txt
4/2/2012 15:01
<snip>
In order to diagnose your issue, we will need more details about your internet connection. Could you please reply to this ticket with following connection information and diagnostic files:

- Your town and Country:
- The hour and date the problem occurred:
- Realm played:
- Internet Service Provider:
- How fast is your internet connection?:
- The in game latency bar reading:
- Modem model:
- Router model (if used):
- Do you share your connection?:
- Connection used, USB, Ethernet or Wifi:
- Network card model if one is used:
- Could you please try to create characters on these realms to see if the latency persists?: Agamaggan, Silvermoon and Vashj
- Your characters location on the realm (which zone you are in):
- Name of the instance (in the case that you are in an instance):
- When did you first experience this high latency?:
- What exactly happens? (Make sure to describe this as well as you can):

Running a pathping can identify where connection problems are occurring and shows more connection detail than a standard trace route, be sure to create the pathping file when you are experiencing latency (you can minimise the game during play by pressing the Alt+Tab keys together).

Once the game is minimised, follow these instructions to create the pathping file:
http://eu.blizzard.com/support/article/36692

This link explains where you can locate the FrameXML.log file:
http://eu.blizzard.com/support/article/19418

To help us troubleshoot the cause of your latency, it is important that you attach all the requested files to your reply.

If you have any additional questions or concerns, please reply to this ticket and we'll get back to you as soon as possible.

We invite you to visit our official Blizzard Customer Support Videos, where you will be able to find troubleshooting solutions for connectivity issues:

<http://www.youtube.com/user/BlizzardTutorial>

Please note that our videos only have English voiceover. However, subtitles are available in all of our supported languages. To change subtitles, mouse over the 'CC' icon below the video and select the language of your choice.
4/2/2012 17:01
Edited by Tailyda on 15/03/2012 20:20 GMT
Reply Quote
90 Tauren Paladin
15/03/2012 17:13Posted by Kamyon
I am adding all the tickets and answers here.

No need, it's naming & shaming and irrelevant to this thread :)
Reply Quote
19 Human Warrior
Garam @ Draenor
Hello;

ı got nothing more to add but if the just wanted to know if my disconnection problem might be the same as some Eve online players experincing at the moment.
21/2/2012 19:57

Garam @ Draenor
(Sorry my ticket is hal finisihed) Such as,

"I worked on a similar issue on my campus, and after some digging with the IT staff, determined that the problem turned out to be a TippingPoint Intrusion Prevention System, rather than a "Traffic Shaping Device". While a Traffic Shaping device and an IPS do have some similar functionality, their base purpose is significantly different. Below is the rule that Tranquility server data is triggering, which is blocked in most applications of the Tipping Point IPS system:

Device: TippingPoint IPS
Filter: 7120: TCP: Segment Overlap With Different Data, e.g., Fragroute
Filter Details: This filter detects overlapping TCP segments in which the overlapping data is different. This filter does not cover TCP keep-alive messages with 1 garbage octet (RFC 1122). To detect TCP keep-alive messages with 1 garbage octet, use filter 7122.

The change in packet data for Incursion has brought this about. Apparently, TippingPoint systems believe that the construction and encapsulation of the data packets does not fit within normal parameters, and thus is being dropped from propagation into their protected networks.

If your IT contacts have only been looking at specific Traffic Shaping devices (which generally just prioritize traffic), be sure to specifically mention Intrusion Prevention Systems the next time you speak with them. "

and the link to that forum is,

http://community.eveonline.com/ingameboard.asp?a=topic&threadID=1424990&page=5

21/2/2012 19:59
<snip>
Greetings!

Game Master <snip> here, thanks for taking the time to get in touch with us about what is going on with the connection problems you are having. Disconnections and lag can really kill the fun of the game, we all know that and do our best to prevent the problem.

As far as any connections problems happening in other games, it is not usually something like that, but if you wanna fill out the previous info, we will do our best to help get your connection fixed so you can enjoy the fullest of Azeroth! The info is:

- Your town and Country:
- The hour and date the problem occurred:
- Realm played:
- Internet Service Provider:
- How fast is your internet connection?:
- The in game latency bar reading:
- Modem model:
- Router model (if used):
- Do you share your connection?:
- Connection used, USB, Ethernet or Wifi:
- Network card model if one is used:
- Could you please try to create characters on these realms to see if the latency persists?: Agamaggan, Silvermoon and Vashj
- Your characters location on the realm (which zone you are in):
- Name of the instance (in the case that you are in an instance):
- When did you first experience this high latency?:
- What exactly happens? (Make sure to describe this as well as you can):

We hope you continue to enjoy your experience in World of Warcraft!

Regards,

Game Master <snip>
Customer Services
Blizzard Entertainment
21/2/2012 20:07

Garam @ Draenor
- Your town and Country: Istanbul/Turkey
- The hour and date the problem occurred:8:50 (server time) 20/02/12
- Realm played: draenor-burning legion
- Internet Service Provider: Turk telekom
- How fast is your internet connection?: 1 Mbit to 8 mbit
- The in game latency bar reading:80-95
- Modem model:TP-LINK TD-8817
- Router model (if used): No
- Do you share your connection?: I got 2 pc at home. Most of the time one of them online
- Connection used, USB, Ethernet or Wifi: Ethernet
- Network card model if one is used:Realtek RTL8168B/8111B Family PCI-E Gigabit Ethernet NIC (NDIS 6.20)
- Could you please try to create characters on these realms to see if the latency persists?: Agamaggan, Silvermoon and Vashj : I will try that but i dont have a latency problem.I just got random dc's.
- Your characters location on the realm (which zone you are in): Sw, Ogrimmar, Ds, random somewhere
- Name of the instance (in the case that you are in an instance):DS
- When did you first experience this high latency?: I dont experince high latency.
- What exactly happens? (Make sure to describe this as well as you can):Seems like my pc knew i am gonna get disconnected anf makes a last effort but cant save it. And i here people saying "He got dc ,again." at Ts.

Thanks in advance,

Ali,
21/2/2012 20:20
<snip>
Thanks very much for responding with all the requested information, Ali :)

Now that you've carried out all the steps we requested below, we should be able to discern a lot more from the diagnostic files you prepared earlier.

Please create all three of these files again - make sure you don't send us the old files again, but create new ones:

Important Note: Please reboot your system prior to creating the dxdiag and msinfo files.

DXDiag:

1. Press the Windows Key + R
2. Type in DXDIAG and press Enter or click OK, this will open the DirectX diagnostic tool
3. Click on the Save All Information Button (save this file to your windows desktop and name it dxdiag).

MSinfo:

1. Press the Windows Key + R
2. Type in MSINFO32 and press Enter or click OK, this will open the Microsoft system information tool (MSInfo).
3. Click on File and choose Export (save this file to your windows desktop as a text file and name it MSInfo). Please make sure to save this file as a .txt file and NOT as a .nfo file.
4. Attach the dxdiag.txt and msinfo.txt files to your reply.

To run a Trace Route to our log-in server:

- Click Start and then Run
- Type cmd and press Enter

[ If you're using Windows Vista: Click Start and in the search field, type cmd and press Enter. Right-click on cmd.exe and left-click on Run as Administrator ]

- In the command window, type:

tracert eu.logon.battle.net > C: \tracert.txt

A file will be created on your local drive (C:) called tracert.txt that contains the trace route information. Please be patient when waiting for the tracert command to complete as it may take several minutes. When you are returned to the command prompt, then the trace is complete. Please attach your tracert.txt to your reply for further analysis.

As well as these files, please also follow the instructions in the link below and attach the created pathping file. Please do this while the game is active and connected:

http://eu.blizzard.com/support/article/36692

Should you require any further information with regard to this issue or have any other questions, then feel free to contact us again.
21/2/2012 20:47

Garam @ Draenor
Hello,

I am sending the files you have requested earlier,

regards,

Ali
tracert.txt
DxDiag.txt
pathping.txt
msinfo.txt
Edited by Tailyda on 15/03/2012 20:22 GMT
Reply Quote
19 Human Warrior
22/2/2012 19:24
<snip>
Hello Ali,

Thank you for getting back to us.

You do not seem to experience any packet loss to the server and your latency, as you've mentioned, is fine. The issue could arise from your network card having trouble handling the type of traffic sent out by the game server, especially as this has been going on for a while.

Please do as follows:

- Click Start
- Click Control Panel and ensure that Classic View is selected
- Double-left-click on Network and Sharing Centre
- Click on View Status
- Click on Properties
- Click on the Configure and then the Advanced tab

Once there, adjust the following options as follows:

1. Checksum offload -> Disable
2. Segmentation offload -> Disable
3. Checksum offload UDP -> Disable
4. Segmentation offload -> Disable
5. Flow Control -> Enable
6. Vlan & Priority -> Disable

Please note you may not have all of the above options in the configuration or they may be worded differently. This depends on your network controller.

Doing the above changes will effectively reduce the load on your network controller, freeing it up to handle traffic from the server. If this is the cause of the problem, this should help resolve it.

If the problem persists, please try disabling network optimization for speed. This may lower your latency somewhat, but depending on your network can greatly increase stability.

You can disable the option in-game, under the 'Options' -> 'Network' menu. There should be an option called 'Optimize Network for Speed' - please make sure this is not enabled.

If the problem still persists, please let us know.

Kind regards,

<snip>.
Customer Services
Blizzard Entertainment
22/2/2012 19:51

Garam @ Draenor
Hello,

First of all thanks for the tips you gave me i applied them and help me to get more stable in game connectivity. But i get to try it at DS last night with my guild and still had disconnections. The ones i remember are as follows,
-First Pull Morchok
-When Morchok is dead
-Warlord Zan'ozz add phase
-Warlord Zan'ozz black phase
-Yor'sahj the Unsleeping before the second wave of oozes spawn
-Hagara the Stormbinder second electrical phase
-Ultraxion adds phase
-Ultraxion first hour of twilight (which caused a wipe)

And as you described before "my options in the config menu worded differently" so i am writing down what are they down here,
-Auto disable gibabit ---disabled
-Flow control--------------enabled
-Interrupt Moderation---enabled
-ipv4 Checksum Offload-disabled
-Jumbo frame-------------disabled
-Large send ofload-------disabled
-Network addres----------not present
-Priority & Vlan----------Priority & Vlan disabled
-Receive buffers---------512
-Shutdown wakeon lan-enabled
-Speed & duplex---------Auto negotiation
-TCP Checksum offload(ipv4)--disabled
-Transmit buffers--------128
-UDP Checksum offload-disabled
-Wake on magic packet--enabled
-Wake on pattern watch--enabled
- Wol &Shutdown link speed---10 Mbps first

So, what should i try next?

regards,

Ali

25/2/2012 12:48
<snip>
Hello Ali and thanks for your reply :)

If you are unable to stay connected to World of Warcraft or are being disconnected shortly after logging into the game, first of all please make sure you deleted the Cache, Interface and WTF folders from within your World of Warcraft directory. Do not re-install any addons before testing the game again.

If you are still getting disconnected, please download the latest updates for your operating system:
http://eu.battle.net/support/article/927

Updated drivers for your hardware should be available at the manufacturer's website. Further details on how to identify your hardware components are available here:
http://eu.battle.net/support/article/200576

Should the issue persist, please work through the following troubleshooting steps:
http://eu.battle.net/support/article/566

Also, if you are using a wireless connection:

- Remove your Addons.

Many disconnections can be caused by outdated or badly configured addons requesting large amounts of data from the game server and surrounding players. Please delete the Cache, Interface and WTF folders from within your World of Warcraft directory. Do not reinstall any addons before testing the game again.

- Check for updates.

Download the latest service pack and updates for your operating system:
http://eu.blizzard.com/support/article/45602

Download and install the latest drivers for your chipset and wireless network device. Both these sets of drivers can be downloaded from the respective manufacturer's website.

Check that you have the latest firmware installed for your router. Like drivers, the latest firmware update available for your router should be available to download from the manufacturer's website.

- Forward TCP Ports 3724, 1119, 4000, 6112, 6113 and 6114 & UDP Port 3724.

Your World of Warcraft installation uses TCP Ports 3724, 1119, 4000, 6112, 6113 and 6114 to communicate with our servers, if you use the in-game Voice Chat feature, UDP Port 3724 is also used. Forwarding these ports on your router can help improve your connection to the game. Your router manual should give instructions detailing how to forwarded ports, if not, you may find details on the router manufacturer's support pages.

Port forwarding instructions for many routers can also be found on the following third party website:
http://www.portforward.com/

- Improve the stability of your connection.

Wireless connections are prone to interference, if you are able, please connect to your router device using a wired Ethernet connection. This will help troubleshoot whether the wireless connection is compounding the issue.

If you are not able to test the game by using a wired Ethernet connection, you will need to ensure that your wireless connection is as stable as possible. Microsoft has given the following advice for improving wireless connections:
http://www.microsoft.com/athome/moredone/wirelesstips.mspx

Also, as simple as this may sound, please make sure you are running World of Warcraft in Administrator mode.

1. Right-click the World of Warcraft icon on your desktop (or Windows start menu) and left-click 'Open file location'.
2. In the folder that appears, right-click the Launcher.exe file and left-click Properties
3. On the new window, click the Compatibility tab
4. Tick the option that reads 'Run this program as an administrator'
5. Click OK to save the change
6. Repeat steps 2 - 5 for the Wow.exe file, found in the same location

Double-left-click the Launcher.exe and attempt to login and (if needed) patch the game again.

Kind Regards,
<snip>
25/2/2012 22:12

Garam @ Draenor
Dots represent that i have nothing more too say. I tried every single thing. My last desperate move was formatting my pc and re-downloading wow. But it is worse then you can imagine now. My last ticket answered in 10 hours with all round answers which were asked me to do like 20 days ago again on this ticket.So, It made me understand you also don't have anything new to say my only hope is that some of your tech guys finds out that the problem ( God knows what it is) lies on your side and solves it. My reason to think of it is with my same setup,modem ,internet provider...etc. I managed to play with out any disconnections for some time and when i had this first DC issues i ticketeed you and the response was. (Ticket EU19869235)

<snip>
Greetings,

We are currently experiencing some technical difficulties, affecting a number of realms and players causing disconnections recently. We are working to resolve the problem and will fix the issue as soon as possible.

We sincerely apologize for the inconvenience and thank you for your understanding and patience, while we resolve this matter.

Regards,
Game Master <snip>
English Game Master Team
Blizzard Europe

I know about working at a call center like structure and sorry for ruining your response time .

Regards,

Ali.
2/3/2012 18:42
<snip>
Thank you for contacting us. I'm sorry to hear that you are still experiencing disconnections. Sometimes security software can cause this. I notice you have Avast installed, so please can you try temporarily uninstalling this? Please do not uninstall it if it cannot be reinstalled however, and remember to reinstall it again after testing the game without it.

Please also try the following if you haven't already:
- When in-game, press Esc, then Options
- In the Network Options, make sure 'Optimise network for speed' is not ticked. If it is ticked, please untick and save.

If you require any further assistance please do not hesitate to contact us again.

Kind Regards,

<snip>
3/3/2012 10:41
Edited by Tailyda on 15/03/2012 20:23 GMT
Reply Quote
19 Human Warrior
Garam @ Draenor
Nothing changed.

regards,

Ali,
5/3/2012 23:39
<snip>
Greetings again Ali,

Thank you for your reply and sorry for the confusion caused so far. Please note that we do not have any known issues with our servers at this time.

The next step I would like you to try is disabling Receive Side Scaling via the Windows command prompt (CMD)

Once you have the command prompt open, please enter the following command minus the "

"netsh interface tcp set global rss=disabled"

If you receive an error message when trying to do this, please run the command prompt as an administrator and try again.

Please also disable the following network card settings:

Flow control and Interrupt moderation.

Once the above steps have been done, please test to see if the issue continues.

If the issue does continue, please provide us with the following diagnostic file:

This link explains where you can locate the FrameXML.log file:
http://eu.blizzard.com/support/article/19418

Kind regards,
<snip>
Customer Support
6/3/2012 10:42

Garam @ Draenor

"netsh interface tcp set global rss=disabled" did this. Still getting dcs.

Regards,

Ali
FrameXML.log
6/3/2012 18:49
<snip>
I am sorry that we were unable to find a solution for this for you. I have looked over your files to try and find another cause of this.

First I can see that you are still using addons, please make sure you uninstall them while trouble shooting to make sure they are not th problem.

Secondly make sure that you have the latest service pack and updates installed for your operating system:
http://windowsupdate.microsoft.com/

Please try the above and it should hopefully help you.

If you have any questions or concerns, please reply to this ticket. If you would rather speak with a representative directly, please contact Account & Technical Services. Our contact information can be found at http://eu.blizzard.com/support/index.xml?locale=en_GB
6/3/2012 19:17

Garam @ Draenor
I dont want to be rude but what a lame answer is this?

I openned this ticket 14/01/2012 and you honestly think i havent tried to log in with my addons disabled or removed?
And secondly what crucial windows update that you can name causing in game dcs and i am missing when i have Win7 with Service Pack 1 on my Pc?
Please i dont want to waste your time and please you dont waste mine. If you have something reasonable say that nothing more PLEASE.
6/3/2012 20:36
<snip>
Hello Ali,

Thank you for your reply.

I have just reviewed your issue and the diagnostic files and honestly everything seems perfectly fine. Your computer configuration is ok and your connection seems to be pretty stable.

You also tried almost all the troubleshooting steps that I can think of at the moment, however I would like to ask you to also try the following:

- Reset your connection and flushing your DNS.

Disconnect the power from your modem or router device for 10/15 minutes and then reconnect. Once your connection is back, flush your Domain Name System (DNS):

- Click Start, then Programs, then Accessories and then locate 'Command Prompt'
- Right-click on 'Command Prompt' and left-click on 'Run as Administrator'
- In the Command Console window that has appeared type: ipconfig /flushdns
- After typing the above command, press Enter to execute it and then close the window

After doing this, please test the game again.

If the issue is still present, I would like you to create a new pathping, however this time you will need to create it right after a disconnection to see if we can find some more details.

6/3/2012 21:00

Garam @ Draenor
Thank you

Even though i tired flushing my dns and ( renew ip ..etc) before i give it a try again. Sadly didnt work out again.
I am adding my pathping file as you requested which looked fine to me beside how could i relogg in a second if there is a problem with those routers ( servers) anyway?

Regards,
Ali,
pathping.txt
6/3/2012 22:05
<snip>
Greetings Ali,

Thank you for your response. We can see from the files that you sent us that your computer is running with Direct X 11.

WoW runs with Direct X 9 as default and this could be the cause of your issue.

Please launch the game and before logging in, click on "options" on the login screen. Then click on "Advanced" and then "Graphics API"

Make sure it is set to Direct X 11 and then click on "apply"

You will be prompted to restart the game, please do so and login.

Hopefully this will have resolved your issue for you.

If not, please do not hesitate to reply.
6/3/2012 23:06

Garam @ Draenor
Thank you for the quick response but it is not the issue either. Tried what you have said and got dced again.

Regards,

ali,
6/3/2012 23:18
<snip>
Hey there Ali!

I really want to thank you for your patience with this issue - I know you've been contacting us for a long time now with this issue and you're still getting disconnected.

Sorry that some of the previous responses weren't great, but we really have tried nearly all the tricks in our arsenal at this point to solve your problem.

A few small points that I might suggest based on your diagnostic files and previous responses.

I don't think your connection type was discussed in detail at any point. Are you currently connecting wirelessly, or with a cable? If you're connected wirelessly, then please try hooking up your computer directly with an ethernet cable to minimize issues.

You've got a great latency for your distance from our servers, and no packet loss, but all the indications seem to be pointing to connection problems rather than software conflicts. It might be an idea to contact your ISP and explain to them what problems you're having. They may be able to provide some expert insight that we cannot.

Finally, how long have you had your router? If it's an old router, it may be a good idea to replace it. The same goes for your network card, if your PC is older, but this is a little more complex and would require PC hardware knowledge.

I'm sorry I couldn't provide more conclusive answers, but we really have exhausted the majority of possibilities here.

One further question! You mentioned you have two PCs in the house - do you get disconnection issues on both or just one? If you haven't tried yet, then please test the other PC and let us know the results.
6/3/2012 23:58
Edited by Tailyda on 15/03/2012 20:24 GMT
Reply Quote
19 Human Warrior
And the final part....

Garam @ Draenor
Hello,

I like to happily report you that my disconnection troubles gone away. I found the solution at first suspected side "your client"

First of all i like to give a link to you regarding the solution,
http://us.battle.net/wow/en/forum/topic/2743697950?page=1#18

As Support Forum Agent"<snip>" suggested after i added ( SET timingMethod "1") line to my " World of Warcraft\WTF\Config.wtf" file everything runs smoothly.I have been testing it whole weekend and last night at DS raid more then three hours with out any disconnection.
Now my question and arising claim from this issue is that. After having this annoying disconnection issues for almost two months which i paid in advance and having to make many adjustments to my system,getting cut of from my guild raids and..etc. I like to claim the amount i paid you for that two months back( or exact same amount of free game time).

As it seems clear this is a problem from your side i believe according to general law principles i am entitled to this. I am looking forward for your answer on the subject.

Regards,
Ali
13/3/2012 18:21
<snip>
Greetings ,

I have had a look into this for, am surprised no one suggested simply uninstalling the game and reinstalling as that would seem to have worked as well.

I have asked and we have added 3 days of game time to the account.

Regards,
<snip>
English Game Master Team
Blizzard Europe
14/3/2012 12:08

Garam @ Draenor
Thanks for the reply but you are missing a point.

My problem existed even though i formatted my pc all together and dowloaded the game via launcher again. ( I believe you can verify that on server logs)
Also i deleted wtf, cache files more then one occasion and re-downloaded via launcher. And my problem persisted.
You can't just see the issue as a corrupted file problem. I still claim my two months fee ( not 3 days). Please answer me back as if this could happen or not.Or if there have to be a formal application for that.
I plan to contact local and european based customer right services according to your answer.

Regards ,

Ali
14/3/2012 18:32
<snip>
Thank you for replying.

Unfortunately we won't be able to offer more gametime for this account. We continued to offer support for 2 months to try and fix the problem and at the end it was related to an edited config file.

As suggested in our first reply to delete the WTF folder would have done the trick and the issue would have been solved.

Once again we have given 3 days to this account but sadly we won't be able to offer any further compensation.

Kind Regards,

<snip>
Blizzard Entertainment
6 hours ago

Garam @ Draenor
Hello again,

I don't get the your reply what does the part mean "and at the end it was related to an edited config file. "

And also the part " As suggested in our first reply to delete the WTF folder would have done the trick and the issue would have been solved."

Because in my previous ticket i mentionned that i deleted those files on more then one occasion and further more i formatted my hard-drive and re downloaded Wow via launcher. How can that kind of a installation process have an edited config file?
Please just tell me as a company policy you cant offer me further consalation or something. Not this kind of non-sense... Please...

And if it is a mistake on my side why are you giving me extra 3 days?

Regards,

Ali,

a few seconds ago
Edited by Tailyda on 15/03/2012 20:26 GMT
Reply Quote
- CS
90 Draenei Priest
Why are you copying all the tickets?
Fiskerdin already told you the email address to contact if you're not happy with the service ... though I, too, have no idea why you didn't contact the Tech Department in the first place. It would've saved very busy CS staff a lot of time from the number of tickets you seem to have produced.
Edited by Ananda on 15/03/2012 17:23 GMT
Reply Quote
85 Tauren Shaman
Blizzard doesn't give a flying <snip> about customer retention and as you can see in the CS forum, their customer support is of a very poor standard.

Basically, I think you are <snip>.

Different people answer those tickets and they briefly read the others, not really caring what the deep details are.
I've had my share with their cs..
Edited by Tailyda on 15/03/2012 20:17 GMT
Reply Quote
- CS
85 Draenei Paladin
Stop posting the damn tickets -_-

Email wowconcernseu@blizzard.com
Reply Quote
19 Human Warrior
I haven't seen Fiskerdin's response when posting these. And who answers the tickets?
What do you mean that i didn't contact the Tech Department in first place?
Reply Quote
- CS
85 Draenei Paladin
I haven't seen Fiskerdin's response when posting these. And who answers the tickets?
What do you mean that i didn't contact the Tech Department in first place?

http://eu.battle.net/support/en/article/world-of-warcraft-technical-support
Reply Quote
19 Human Warrior
Hey Amarielle,

Have you ever clicked the link you have given me? Because if you did there is a support link in there which tells you to SUBMIT a TICKET which i believe i did quite enough.
Reply Quote
- CS
85 Draenei Paladin
Hey Amarielle,

Have you ever clicked the link you have given me? Because if you did there is a support link in there which tells you to SUBMIT a TICKET which i believe i did quite enough.

It also has a phone number, so you can physically talk to em :)

You have been given an email address to complain/comment on the ticket situation already.
Edited by Amarielle on 15/03/2012 17:43 GMT
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Druid
Trouble shooting any technical issue is pretty much always a process of elimination, especially when dealing with PC games that run on as wide a range of system configerations as World of Warcraft and other MMO's.

While their tech support staff do try to resolve matters as quickly as possible so players can get back to enjoying the game it's not always possible.

Out of curiosity, is your system overclocked?
Reply Quote
19 Human Warrior
Ellifara,

No it wasn't.
Reply Quote
Customer Service
While I understand that you are upset Kamyon, there is no need to post all the petitions on the forum and instead you should send your feedback about the service to our WoWConcerns e-mail address which our regulars have already kindly posted for you.

I am sorry that you feel that you didn't get the help you deserved but I hope that the problem has now been fixed and you no longer have this issue. :)

Bainehoof While everyone is entitled to their opinion on the forums, I would ask that you keep your replies more civil in future.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]