Mists of Pandaria beta - Warrior Glyphs Dicussion

90 Human Warrior
This just got released.
Souce: www.mmo-champion.com

•Glyph of Blitz - Your Charge stuns an additional 2 nearby targets.
•Glyph of Bloodcurling Shout - Your Battle Shout and Commanding Shout terrify small animals.
•Glyph of Bloodthirst - Increases the healing of Bloodthirst by 100%.
•Glyph of Bloody Healing (NYI) - Increases the healing you receive from bandages by 20% while your Deep Wounds is active.
•Glyph of Bull Rush - Increases the duration of your Charge stun by 1 sec.
•Glyph of Burning Anger - You get so angry when Enraged that you catch on fire.
•Glyph of Cleaving - Increases the number of targets your Cleave hits by 1, or 3 when Enraged.
•Glyph of Death from Above - Reduces the cooldown on Heroic Leap by (15000/-1000) sec.
•Glyph of Enduring Victory - Increases the window of opportunity in which you can use Victory Rush or Impending Victory by 5 sec.
•Glyph of Enraged Speed - While Enraged, you move 20% faster.
•Glyph of Gag Order - Your Pummel, Heroic Throw and Storm Bolt hits silence the target for 3 sec.
•Glyph of Gushing Wound - Your Bloodthirst critical strikes are even bloodier than normal.
•Glyph of Hamstring - Using Hamstring reduces the cost of your next Hamstring by 100%.
•Glyph of Heavy Repercussions (NYI) - While your Shield Block is active, your Shield Slam hits for an additional 50% damage.
•Glyph of Hoarse Voice - Reduces the cooldown and rage generation of your Battle and Commanding Shout by 50%.
•Glyph of Hold the Line - Improves the damage of your next Revenge by 50% following a successful parry.
•Glyph of Long Shout - Increases the duration by 2 min of Battle Shout and Commanding Shout.
•Glyph of Mortal Strike (NYI) - When your Mortal Strike is affecting a target, healing effects on you are increased by 10%.
•Glyph of Murder of Crows - Your Execute critical strikes summon a flock of carrion birds.
•Glyph of Overpower - Cleave hits increases the damage of your next Overpower by 10%.
•Glyph of Raging Wind - Your Raging Blow hits increase the damage of your next Whirlwind by 0%.
•Glyph of Recklessness - Recklessness no longer increases damage taken.
•Glyph of Resonating Power - Reduces the damage by 20% and increases the duration by 20% of your Thunder Clap.
•Glyph of Rude Interruption - Succesfully interrupting a spell with Pummel increases your damage by 5% for 30 sec.
•Glyph of Shield Slam - Your Shield Slam now dispels 1 magical effect.
•Glyph of Spell Reflection - Reduces the cooldown on Spell Reflection and Mass Spell Reflection by (5000/-1000) sec.
•Glyph of Thunder Strike - Your Thunder Clap visual includes a lightning strike.

Looks promising tbh. /discuss
Edited by Infexio on 22/03/2012 10:56 GMT
Reply Quote
85 Orc Warrior
Just made a post aswell lol, but you was like 2min ahead of mine ;)

on-topic:
I am actually looking forward to MoP now :)
Edited by Wrogar on 22/03/2012 11:01 GMT
Reply Quote
85 Human Warrior
...snip....
•Glyph of Bloodcurling Shout - Your Battle Shout and Commanding Shout terrify small animals.
...snip...

At least small animals will worry when they see a warrior coming :)
Reply Quote
85 Night Elf Rogue
i barely see any stuff giving us advantage in pvp
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Warrior
22/03/2012 11:04Posted by Eyocs
Then you might want to learn to read it.

On the note of the glyphs itself, I like how they really put some visual/comical glyphs in there. I just hope we actually have places for them instead of having to fill with pretty much mandatory glyphs.
Reply Quote
90 Human Warrior
22/03/2012 10:54Posted by Infexio
•Glyph of Enraged Speed - While Enraged, you move 20% faster.
Happy day!
Reply Quote
90 Human Warrior
22/03/2012 11:04Posted by Eyocs
    Glyph of Enraged Speed - While Enraged, you move 20% faster.

Glyph of Gag Order - Your Pummel, Heroic Throw and Storm Bolt hits silence the target for 3 sec.

Glyph of Mortal Strike (NYI) - When your Mortal Strike is affecting a target, healing effects on you are increased by 10%.

Glyph of Recklessness - Recklessness no longer increases damage taken.

Glyph of Bull Rush - Increases the duration of your Charge stun by 1 sec.

sure, nothing good for pvp :p
Reply Quote
90 Human Warrior
NDZ
having just looked over that list I can’t say I'm impressed because we already have most of that stuff through talents so there's nothing new there really and tbh if the talents are getting removed then the effects of said talents should just be rolled into the appropriate skills and the classes should then be rebalance accordingly

Glyph of Recklessness - Recklessness no longer increases damage taken

looks interesting but I shouldn’t be having to glyph to remove a penalty that should be there in the first place while I agree that the penalty was necessary in the past every other class has evolved a lot since then and become substantially more powerful and reck has been nurfed a lot so the penalty should just be removed by default

Glyph of Bloodthirst - Increases the healing of Bloodthirst by 100%

one of them glyphs that sound a lot more powerful that it actually is when you consider that BT only heals for 1% now if BT healed for 7% by default and then was getting another 7% on top of that from the glyph then it might be worth while but as it is that glyph would need to increase the healing by about 600% to actually be useful

as for things like

Glyph of Bloodcurling Shout - Your Battle Shout and Commanding Shout terrify small animals.
Glyph of Gushing Wound - Your Bloodthirst critical strikes are even bloodier than normal.
Glyph of Murder of Crows - Your Execute critical strikes summon a flock of carrion birds
Glyph of Thunder Strike - Your Thunder Clap visual includes a lightning strike.
Glyph of Burning Anger - You get so angry when Enraged that you catch on fire

I have to ask the question WTF ? and these are supposed to help me how exactly ? maybe it just because I don't know what the effects of these glyph are supposed to be but they seem completely pointless

Glyph of Raging Wind - Your Raging Blow hits increase the damage of your next Whirlwind by 0%

I'm going to assume that’s just a typo otherwise its another pointless glyph that does nothing

Glyph of Resonating Power - Reduces the damage by 20% and increases the duration by 20% of your Thunder Clap

TC is already are weakest AOE granted it applies a debuff so it does need to be a bit weaker but given that its already are weakest AOE do you really think you should be reducing its damage further ? shouldnt that be

Glyph of Resonating Power - Increases the damage & duration and reduces the cool down of your Thunder Clap by 20%

Glyph of Bloody Healing (NYI) - Increases the healing you receive from bandages by 20% while your Deep Wounds is active

ok is it just me of is this really stupid how often do you ever seen anyone using a bandage in combat almost never because it can be interrupted by damage and takes to long to apply and for a warrior who has no CC this is really pointless you will never get to apply the bandage now maybe if we had an unbreakable AOE CC that CC’d for about 8 to 10 seconds long enough to get the bandage applied maybe this would be worth while but as bliz wont give warriors any CC particularly an unbreakable AOE CC that's CCing for 8 to 10seconds as it would make warrior OP this glyph is a completely pointless waste of time

Glyph of Hoarse Voice - Reduces the cooldown and rage generation of your Battle and Commanding Shout by 50%

ok given that spamming are shouts annoys players why are you making a glyph like this players don't want to have to spam there shouts increase the duration of are shouts to 30 mins remove the rage gen and bring back blood rage what's so bloody hard about that ? stop making us have to spam are shouts!

I'm sorry to put a damper on things yet again! but I'm just calling as i see it and all i see there is abilities we already have pointless glyph that seem to do nothing but add vanity effects which no one is ever going to use or badly designed and badly though out glyphs that should never make it to live
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Warrior
ok given that spamming are shouts annoys players why are you making a glyph like this players don't want to have to spam there shouts increase the duration of are shouts to 30 mins remove the rage gen and bring back blood rage what's so bloody hard about that ? stop making us have to spam are shouts!
What's the difference between spamming Shouts and spamming Bloodrage? More importantly, how was Bloodrage interesting in any way, shape or form?

I'm sorry to put a damper on things yet again! but I'm just calling as i see it and all i see there is abilities we already have pointless glyph that seem to do nothing but add vanity effects which no one is ever going to use or badly designed and badly though out glyphs that should never make it to live
I was going to rip your post apart, but noticed this. I am going to use the Execute one, assuming I have place for it. I might also use the Enrage one (burst into flames). Boom, your claim is shot down. Also, you do realise the beta started this morning? And most of those are, you know, supposed to be tested during this beta? Mindblowing, isn't it?
Reply Quote
90 Human Warrior
NDZ
What's the difference between spamming Shouts and spamming Bloodrage? More importantly, how was Bloodrage interesting in any way, shape or form?

the difference is that Bloodrage could be added to another skill with a macro and therefore didn't need to be spammed what i used to do is macro BR with charge back in the day which would put me at about 75% rage at the start of a fight allowing me to perform better as i didn't have to wait like 20 to 30 seconds to build up resources before i could get in to my rotation

it's not about being interesting it's a quality of life improvement just the same way that spamming HS annoyed players spamming are shout has the same effect most every other class gets to apply there buffs for 30 mins or more so why cant i ? as i said its a simple little quality of life improvement to make game play smother just like adding /startattack /cleartarget [dead] to all my abilities

I was going to rip your post apart, but noticed this. I am going to use the Execute one, assuming I have place for it. I might also use the Enrage one (burst into flames). Boom, your claim is shot down. Also, you do realise the beta started this morning? And most of those are, you know, supposed to be tested during this beta? Mindblowing, isn't it?

fair point if they add additional slots for vanity glyphs fair enough but if not then no serious player will ever use them are you really going to fill a Prime/Major glyph slot with a glyph that does nothing but add a vanity effect ? i don't think so and ok beta might have only have started this morning but unless players call blizzard out on bad design nothing will ever change

bliz say they listen to though players now while i doubt that very much at the end of the day bliz cant fix an issue if there not aware there is one while i don't expect them or anyone else to necessarily agree with me the only way every one can come to an amicable compromise that everyone can live with is to make bliz aware there is a problem and then to toss around various ideas for remedying it

granted i don't always do that in the most eloquent way but that is still my underlying aim
Edited by Bethrezen on 22/03/2012 12:36 GMT
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Warrior
22/03/2012 12:33Posted by Bethrezen
the difference is that Bloodrage could be added to another skill with a macro and therefore didn't need to be spammed what i used to do is macro BR with charge back in the day which would put me at about 75% rage at the start of a fight allowing me to perform better as i didn't have to wait like 20 to 30 seconds to build up resources before i could get in to my rotation
This does not answer my second question. How is Bloodrage interesting in any shape or form? And what prevents you from using a shout right before you charge, again giving you plenty of rage? That's what I do, and irregardless of spec I play I can go straight into my rotation. As fury, I might save it for after first Bloodthirst so I get procs running for my first CSmash, but that's about it. And there is also no reason to put it on 30 min timer, because you use shouts often anyways. Got an empty GCD? Shout. Low on rage? Shout. Got nothing to do because waiting for adds/Boss to return? Shout. If you are Arms, it might be a little more problematic, but the extended shout durations are there for reasons (through glyphs).

fair point if they add additional slots for vanity glyphs fair enough but if not then no serious player will ever use them are you really going to fill a Prime/Major glyph slot with a glyph that does nothing but add a vanity effect ? i don't think so and ok beta might have only have started this morning but unless players call blizzard out on bad design nothing will ever change
If I have nothing better to put there? Sure. If blizzard goes through the revamp they planned? Hell yes I will. I can recall them saying they plan to move from buffing glyphs to glyphs that modify the behaviour, or has a good and bad side. Most of these glyphs are exactly that kind of stuff.

bliz say they listen to though players now while i doubt that very much at the end of the day bliz cant fix an issue if there not aware there is one while i don't expect them or anyone else to necessarily agree with me the only way every one can come to an amicable compromise that everyone can live with is to make bliz aware there is a problem and then to toss around various ideas for remedying it
The beta forum is there for a reason. Get access to beta, test them in game, post about it in the beta forum. Simple.
Reply Quote
85 Orc Warrior
Some really fun glyphs in here, I just dislike how the Shield Block/Shield Slam synergy is becoming more and more specialized now.

I'm thinking Enraged Speed and Burning Anger are going to be REALLY popular among Fury Warriors =)
Reply Quote
90 Worgen Warrior
22/03/2012 21:40Posted by Groshnar
I'm thinking Enraged Speed and Burning Anger are going to be REALLY popular among Fury Warriors =)

Arms get enraged aswell so it's gonna be nice for both dps specs :p
Reply Quote
85 Orc Warrior
Yeah, but who'd love to be running around like a bunch of crack-addled junkies more than Fury Warriors? xD
Reply Quote
90 Orc Warrior
•Glyph of Recklessness - Recklessness no longer increases damage taken.

Kinda gutted this is a glyph.
Reply Quote
90 Orc Warrior
omg I'm so pumped for MoP now. Glyph of Enraged Speed FTW.

Glyph of Death from Above - Reduces the cooldown on Heroic Leap by (15000/-1000) sec.

Reduce by 15 sec? hmm not bad I guess.
Edited by Seayon on 23/03/2012 00:03 GMT
Reply Quote
85 Night Elf Warrior

Or in other words "shiv/tranq me now please"

Doesnt seem very good in pvp, more like the opposite....
Reply Quote
90 Undead Warrior

Or in other words "shiv/tranq me now please"

Doesnt seem very good in pvp, more like the opposite....

They're minor glyphs or just "fun glyphs"
They are of barely any use for any class
And if it's not good for pvp, just dont use it for pvp then
Reply Quote
85 Orc Shaman
the difference is that Bloodrage could be added to another skill with a macro

So you just want to reduce a keybind, interesting, maybe you should ask blizz to remove some more spells so you have even lesser keybinds. Also you do realise you can do the same thing with Battle Shout? Yes, it can be macroed, gasp.
air point if they add additional slots for vanity glyphs fair enough but if not then no serious player will ever use them are you really going to fill a Prime/Major glyph slot with a glyph that does nothing but add a vanity effect ?

They are OBVIOUSLY minor glyphs, how can you not see that?
Reply Quote
90 Human Warrior
Glyph of Gag Order - Your Pummel, Heroic Throw and Storm Bolt hits silence the target for 3 sec.

^op <3
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]