Warlock tank :3 / in mop

85 Orc Warlock
So coming from the us forums: http://us.battle.net/wow/en/forum/topic/4247145051
Demonology is probably going to be tanking <333

Key skills: Metamorphosis: nether planting + 600% armor / Reduce being crit by 6% and stun and snare effects being shortend by 50%

And if that didn't sell you a real tanking skill

Metamorphosis: cursed arua's.
Binds all enemies within 20 yards in demonic energy, reducing physical damage by 30% and increase the casting time of all spells by 30%.

Also i made quick some talents and it proves verry much that they can start tanking: http://us.battle.net/wow/en/game/mists-of-pandaria/feature/talent-calculator#VZ!020222

Glyph of Demon Hunting
Demonic Fury now reduces damage taken instead of increasing damage dealt.
In addition, while using Metamorphosis, Soulshatter taunts your target, Twilight Ward will absorb all schools of damage and Demonic Slash is shorter range and generates fury.
Edited by Lockiikum on 22/03/2012 15:14 GMT
Reply Quote
90 Gnome Warlock
Best idea blizz has ever made imo :) I can't wait.
Reply Quote
90 Undead Warlock
Raw
!@#$ sake.
Reply Quote
90 Undead Warlock
I want this to happen so bad.

I just wish whining kids won't make blizz change their minds. :(
Reply Quote
85 Night Elf Rogue
The idea is awesome (ridiculously so), but I can't really see how aggro would work out, unless a threat increase is added to the glyph as well.
Reply Quote
90 Gnome Warlock
22/03/2012 15:53Posted by Kyösti

I don't see why it would. Theres 2 other range dps specs and WoW could do with more tanks. Less queue times for dps with all the locks wanting to try out tanking. So everyone wins right?
Reply Quote
85 Orc Warlock
22/03/2012 16:00Posted by Shishou
The idea is awesome (ridiculously so), but I can't really see how aggro would work out, unless a threat increase is added to the glyph as well.

On the us forum i read that glyph of metamorphosis is going to give something like increased aggro.
Reply Quote
In before Hybrid tax.
Reply Quote
85 Night Elf Rogue
The question is, of course, if it's going to be a serious tanking spec, or just flavour where you can tank, but it won't really be viable in raids.

Because I can't really see how a raid tank would work without a viable taunt (and no, 50 yard aoe 2 min CD taunt is not really viable :p)
Reply Quote
85 Orc Warlock
22/03/2012 16:14Posted by Shishou
Because I can't really see how a raid tank would work without a viable taunt (and no, 50 yard aoe 2 min CD taunt is not really viable :p)

http://www.wowdb.com/spells/97827-provocation
3 sec cd
Reply Quote
90 Undead Warlock
22/03/2012 16:00Posted by Cuppie

I don't see why it would. Theres 2 other range dps specs and WoW could do with more tanks. Less queue times for dps with all the locks wanting to try out tanking. So everyone wins right?

Never underestimate the power of lots of stupid people QQing on the forum.
Reply Quote
90 Human Warlock
I cant imagine demonology actually being a tanking spec as in tanking in a instance.... I imagine it being more like the tanking spec in pvp like in TBC with SL/SL.
Reply Quote
85 Night Elf Rogue
22/03/2012 16:19Posted by Lockiikum

http://www.wowdb.com/spells/97827-provocation
3 sec cd
I don't know who you are, but you continue to make me a very happy person!
Reply Quote
90 Human Warlock

It's those whining kids that brought this us in the first place.

Next up, flying in Meta and green fire.
Reply Quote
90 Undead Warlock

It's those whining kids that brought this us in the first place.

One can only hope. lol

Edit: on second thought, screw green fire. I can't for the life of me figure out what is so intriquing about it to so many people.
Edited by Kyösti on 22/03/2012 17:02 GMT
Reply Quote
90 Gnome Warlock
22/03/2012 16:51Posted by Jessicka

If I see a glyph which makes fire spells green then i'll be squeeling like a child on christmas morning :P
Reply Quote
90 Human Warlock
Sounds very interesting, I would have prefered pet tanking though. The crowning moment of awesome was putting the voidwalker on Sartharion 3D.
Looking forward to instant queues and running dungeons without having to put up with some herp derp dk telling me I should be grateful for him doing the much more important task of tanking for the freeloading dps.
Reply Quote
90 Goblin Warlock
OP, don't forget our new 50% damage reduction cooldown at level 64:

Unending Resolve:
10% of Base Mana. 3min Cooldown.
The Warlock hardens his skin, reducing all damage taken by 50% and preventing all spells from being interrupted for 12 seconds.

Also in case you missed it - Demon Armour gone, Fel Armour giving Armour, 10% more healing generated through spells and effects, and 10% stamina. This is just slightly below what the other tanking classes (bar Monk, haven't researched them too much) get passively as a stamina bonus - if I recall correctly, currently Bears get +20% stamina, Prot Warriors and Paladins get +15%, and Blood DKs get 9%.

Edit: The OP linked a thread on the US forums regarding the subject, and a poster there (forgot who it was, sorry!) mentioned that "With the current setup, Warlock Demonology tanks would be too good, could mitigate too much damage). When I thought about this, looking at how Nether Plating would scale even my shoddy cloth armour to ridiculous levels and the potential damage reduction numbers making my head spin, I realised that Demonology Warlocks tanking would more than likely have absolutely no avoidance. Thus, the higher armour, and more defensive cooldowns and passive damage reduction, would be a necessary to allow Warlocks to continue to use their cloth DPS gear without needing to create who new sets of cloth armour with defensive stats for one spec of one class.

You would have to spec/glyph in a very specific way, but as far as this dream getting the proverbial green light goes, there just needs to be confirmation of a passive buff to threat generation.

Then my dears, hearts will be skipping beats. :)
Edited by Buxtwit on 22/03/2012 17:30 GMT
Reply Quote
80 Tauren Death Knight
Out of meta how would this work though?
Reply Quote
80 Tauren Death Knight
Unless they did something like, being hit by a PVE enemy while in Meta extends the duration by 5 secs
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]