Outland and Northrend in MoP

So I was wondering. Since the announcement of Mists of Pandaria, there wasn't a single clue about Outland and Northrend rewamp, though it was said, if not in Cataclysm, they'll be remade in the upcoming events of MoP. It wasn't mentioned anywhere, not even at BlizzCon, I guess the players were just too excited about MoP, everyone forgot to ask that. :)

Personally, I don't have a problem with the quest lines, they are fine the way they are, but the story line should be repaired a bit, it's ridiculous how we always hear the benefits of the death of Arthas in the Forsaken quest lines, and we got back to killing him at level 68. Also Wrathgate event was taken out, because it is in the "past", but it's just like the whole continent aswell.

In my opinion, it would be enough to do just the simpliest changes, like the cataclysm hit the black portal and the seas between northrend and the other continents, and so it is not possible to go there, but we have to go back in time through the Caverns of Time, because the infinite dragonflight killed the heroes who were at the events of Northrend, and we have to do again the events, that happened in the past. It's just an idea though.

I hope there will be some kind of answer, I personally do not long for a full rewamp of quests and others, but would love to see the story line repaired.
Reply Quote
90 Human Hunter
Outland badly needs updating. I just hate leveling there. It's boring.
Reply Quote
90 Human Mage
I don't think Blizzard will be doing an Outlands revamp until they're very last expansion. Which I think is going to be another Burning Legion expansion, with Sargeras as the end boss.

Demon Hunter as Hero Class
Dreanei/Belf starting zones revamped
(Allow us to fly in Azuremyst and Eversong Blizz PLEASE?!)
New quests in Outlands
New dungeons
And finally new character development for the return of such great lore figures as

Rexxar
Akama
Maieve
Turalyon
Alleria

And much more.
Reply Quote
85 Orc Shaman
i wish for them to update outland and northrend because when i make a new charachter the only thing that holds me is thought of going back to outland again ugh it give's me the creeps
Edited by Shamanezz on 09/06/2012 07:11 BST
Reply Quote
85 Blood Elf Priest
Please don't revamp Outland.
Reply Quote
Fairly sure they said, not too long ago, that updating Outland was on the table of things to happen in the near future.
Reply Quote
87 Blood Elf Warlock
24/03/2012 23:24Posted by Míkhail
Demon Hunter

Demon hunters will be too complicated to design, and according to lore, they are even fewer than the remaining blood elves.

Having demon hunters by now is the most silly idea, and it will always remain the same silly idea, especially because demon hunters DO NOT set out to randomly train people. Illidan tried with the Illidari elves, but they have all been killed by now.

No, I doubt demon hunter will be a hero class, something else though.

Anyway, as for the topic; Outland and Northrend do need an update to fit current lore, this is what blizzard gets for creating so many different continents, more work. It is silly how we suddenly go back in time when we enter Outlands or Northrend, this is a problem blizzard have adressed indeed, and I certainly understand that it is hard to come up with something to update them, I mean, the two very zones are based on the fight of the legion, and the war against the scourge, what else could be placed there as an update?

Well, I certainly hope there will be a little updating, atleast it seems older race models will get one.
Reply Quote
73 Undead Rogue
09/06/2012 12:47Posted by Athanis
the two very zones are based on the fight of the legion, and the war against the scourge, what else could be placed there as an update?

Well, I don't know about Outland, but Northrend could certainly be revamped when Bolvar turns EVIL!!! It's coming, you know it is...
Reply Quote
85 Worgen Druid
09/06/2012 12:47Posted by Athanis
Demon Hunter

Demon hunters will be too complicated to design, and according to lore, they are even fewer than the remaining blood elves.

If they can contrive a way for a few thousand Death Knights to be played by us, I am pretty sure they can pull some excuse out of their rears as to why every single playable race can now be a Demon Hunter.
Reply Quote
90 Goblin Rogue
The quote you think you remember about the Outlands revamp is not quite as you remember it.

It was actually said when Cataclysm was announced that they would like to eventually do a TBC zones revamp similarly, but they will not be doing it at present. Maybe in some future expansion. It was something they wanted to do, some day.

This does not mean MoP, it does not mean soon, it does not even mean Soon (tm). It does mean that they have said they would like to do so, eventually, perhaps in some future expansion.
Reply Quote
87 Blood Elf Warlock
09/06/2012 13:27Posted by Gunnell
If they can contrive a way for a few thousand Death Knights to be played by us, I am pretty sure they can pull some excuse out of their rears as to why every single playable race can now be a Demon Hunter.

That excuse wouldn't be as great in blizzards mind, as the excuse with the death knights. The Lich King needed capable fodder to lure out someone, so he created a new generation of death knight.

What excuse would the demon hunters have? Who mainly is night elves!

"We are in dire need of demon hunters! We must train more!" this one was used once with the night elven mages, and while I see some reason in it, then it will get the same hang to it as "Merely a setback!" which isn't very popular with players and lore interests.
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Druid
I really like the idea of having Outland as an end-zone again in a final expansion and bringing old lore characters back (Illidan, Maiev, Akama, Rexxar, etc) but there is one problem that ruins it. If they insert new quests for leveling (90-95 or 95-100?) where is the 60-70 leveling going to happen?

The only solutions I can think of is to make two different Outlands, one you can access through the Caverns of Time to level 60-70 and the new one which you won't be able to enter until you reach it's required level (this would ruin the game for the TBC enthusiasts) or, to do it faster, split Outland into two leveling zones.

They are also going to have to work their asses off to explain how all these old characters are going to be revived into the game and story again.
Edited by Chalcedon on 09/06/2012 15:29 BST
Reply Quote
65 Dwarf Paladin
I managed 1-58 in a few days on this character.

That was three months ago.

Now I'm in outland I cringe everytime I log her.
Edited by Shocks on 10/06/2012 20:20 BST
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]