Rogue class changes (beta)

90 Undead Rogue
Nothing to do with our class but this catched my eye:

Mass Dispel: Now removes 100 spells from targets, up from 1.

Sup, full dispell in 1 gcd. Also doesn't look like it has a CD atm.

My friend is a priest on beta, it might be a full dispel but it was costing close to 20% of his mana. (Not base mana, but 20% of his mana bar).

Obviously this is based off of 397 gear but assuming with the MoP gear it's scales relatively it's deffo not going to be spammable.
Edited by Phoenixaras on 27/03/2012 13:56 BST
Reply Quote
See allot of people cheering at the damage buffs we get...
do you realy not understand this is a new expansion?
Everything is going to be difrent and you cant compare numbers from now to the actual release
Reply Quote
90 Worgen Rogue
27/03/2012 07:00Posted by Eyocs
•Wound Poison: Renamed from Instant Poison, now reduces all healing effects on the target by 25% for 15 sec.

Basically they are making Wound a lethal poison(reduces healing done and does same dmg as instant), while removing instant poison.

So basically for pve Deadly will be the lethal poison

And for pvp Wound will be used (except for assa i guess which will use deadly)

For envenom it will surely refresh cut to the chase
Reply Quote
85 Blood Elf Rogue
27/03/2012 14:48Posted by Siegmund
•Wound Poison: Renamed from Instant Poison, now reduces all healing effects on the target by 25% for 15 sec.

Basically they are making Wound a lethal poison(reduces healing done and does same dmg as instant), while removing instant poison.

So basically for pve Deadly will be the lethal poison

And for pvp Wound will be used (except for assa i guess which will use deadly)

For envenom it will surely refresh cut to the chase

Not really.
How I understand it is that Instant poison is gone and Wound poison will be renamed to Instant Poison. And it is still a Non-lethal poison since it doesn't do any dmg.
Reply Quote
90 Human Rogue
27/03/2012 07:00Posted by Eyocs
Gouge: No longer does damage or generates a combo point.

Phew.. finally... it was very annoying to lose my cp when i was gouging lol
Reply Quote
85 Blood Elf Rogue
See allot of people cheering at the damage buffs we get...
do you realy not understand this is a new expansion?
Everything is going to be difrent and you cant compare numbers from now to the actual release

I like what i see. Conclusions are not, and should not be made.

Discussions should arise though. That's only good.

27/03/2012 15:28Posted by Poisonjoe
Phew.. finally... it was very annoying to lose my cp when i was gouging lol

Word.
Edited by Eléctrica on 27/03/2012 15:35 BST
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Rogue

•Deadly Poison: Coats your weapons with a Lethal Poison that lasts for 1 hour. Each strike has a 30% chance of poisoning the enemy for 2656 Nature damage over 12 sec. Subsequent poison applications will instantly deal 298 to 395 Nature damage.

I could see this coming, IP and DP "merged".

•Kick: Now has a 15 sec cooldown, up from 10 sec.

My guess is, that this is mostly a PvP change, though it affects PvE too to a lesser degree. Only one person was/is needed for most interrupt duties.

•Slice and Dice: Duration increased from 9-21 seconds to 12-36 seconds.

Sweet, glyph baked into SnD, much like what's happening to SS and Mutilate.

•Cut to the Chase: Your Eviscerate refreshes your Slice and Dice duration to its 5 combo point maximum.

Here I think they're trying to spice up Assassinations rotation a bit. Very much doubt it that Evis will be our main finisher, mostly just used to refresh SnD (like every 36th second).

•Vendetta: Duration reduced to 20 sec, down from 30. Now increases the damage you deal to the target by 30%, up from 20%.

Nice change, personally always felt that Vendetta's duration is a bit too long. "Hard" to find suitable times when to use it for max effectiveness. Especially on fights that involve a lot of target switching.

•Honor Among Thieves: When any player in your party or raid critically hits with a spell or ability, you gain a combo point on your current target. This effect cannot occur more than once every 2 seconds, and cannot occur while you are stealthed.

Think this is PvP change (can understand it though). Doesn't affect PvE *that* much (if at all), only pre-fight CP building in stealth.

All in all, I like the majority of the planned changes. From the looks of it, many skills won't have a glyph anymore, which will be interesting to see what they'll have instead.
Edited by Manthis on 27/03/2012 17:40 BST
Reply Quote
85 Blood Elf Rogue
To the question about Envenom missing in the tooltip of Cut to the Chase:
My tooltip shows Envenom and not eviscerate when spec'd assassination, however when spec'd not as assassination it does indeed read eviscerate.

Taken from the US Beta Classes forum: http://us.battle.net/wow/en/forum/topic/4247124798
Reply Quote
90 Worgen Rogue
27/03/2012 15:07Posted by Lightlow
How I understand it is that Instant poison is gone and Wound poison will be renamed to Instant Poison. And it is still a Non-lethal poison since it doesn't do any dmg.

What? The poisons were merged oh here is the tooltip

Wound Poison
3 sec cast

Requires One-Handed Melee Weapon

Coats your weapons with a Lethal Poison that lasts for 60 min. Each strike has a 30% chance of poisoning the enemy, which instantly inflicts 298 to 395 Nature damage and reduces all healing effects on them by 25% for 15 sec.

You should get better at reading
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Rogue
Not seeing anything about Sprint, notably the combat talent for losing root/snare
Probably going the way of Surprise Attacks (hated that change)
Reply Quote
85 Blood Elf Rogue
What? The poisons were merged oh here is the tooltip

Wound Poison
3 sec cast

Requires One-Handed Melee Weapon

Coats your weapons with a Lethal Poison that lasts for 60 min. Each strike has a 30% chance of poisoning the enemy, which instantly inflicts 298 to 395 Nature damage and reduces all healing effects on them by 25% for 15 sec.

You should get better at reading

My reading is all fine, thank you. I just don't see this change on the first post of this thread nor on the talent calculator on the MoP site.

You should learn to cite your sources when giving information on a matter.
Reply Quote
85 Blood Elf Rogue
Meh. I hope they get back at that. I don't want wound as lethal poison.
Reply Quote
85 Blood Elf Rogue
Well I don't mind Wound being Lethal at all. This means we can put crippling as a non-lethal and scratch Deadly brew off the talent choices for pvp. Or we can use deadly brew and go for 2 non-lethal poisons + a semi-lethal poison. Like mind-numbing, crippling and wound... we can get that much utility out of poison only if speced into assassination right now...
Reply Quote
85 Blood Elf Rogue
Looks like, so far, this is going to be the spec of choice:

http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/game/mists-of-pandaria/feature/talent-calculator#cb!200221
Reply Quote
There is no way im getting burst of speed and cheat death , but thats just me.
Reply Quote
27/03/2012 20:45Posted by Eléctrica
Meh. I hope they get back at that. I don't want wound as lethal poison.

Same , I hope as well. Though it looks like it will be lethal :/
Reply Quote
85 Blood Elf Rogue
The only down side I can think of is that Wound will lose the Shiv effect. No more 50% healing reduced since wound is lethal :/
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Rogue
To the question about Envenom missing in the tooltip of Cut to the Chase:

My tooltip shows Envenom and not eviscerate when spec'd assassination, however when spec'd not as assassination it does indeed read eviscerate.

Thanks for the info i was worried there for a bit
Reply Quote
electrica how can u choose burst of speed over prep? :S
Reply Quote
85 Blood Elf Rogue
28/03/2012 08:02Posted by Ðarkmøøn
electrica how can u choose burst of speed over prep? :S

Because dispells have a cooldown in MoP and i cba sitting roots all day long.

27/03/2012 23:46Posted by Penetra
There is no way im getting burst of speed and cheat death , but thats just me.

The alternatives are even worse really. Elusiveness might be nice for carrying flags, though.
Edited by Eléctrica on 28/03/2012 09:11 BST
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]