Good ol' ironforge topic (beware wordtard)

85 Human Paladin
Hi there all ye forum trolls , before you start keyboard fighting my topic please note, that you will get cookies if you dont!
Well to the point, am i the only one missing the magic of ironforge?
The only one that want it to be a main city aswell?
I'm tired of overpopulated SW which is ugly now anyway because the park is gone.
Well my point is, why don't you give ironforge the same benefits as stormwind has like "reforging", tp's to uldum etc and you know, the rest of the list.
Think about it
- Best regards Moi (Cookiemaster mwhahah :3)
Reply Quote
85 Worgen Druid
This is kind of what baffled me at Cataclysm. When they said "We don't want a central hub" what they really ended up meaning was "Stormwind is now Shattrath/Dalaran".

The logical thing would have been to put the same vendors (transmog, PvP vendors, etc) in every racial capital. That way people who are concious about convenience can be in the city they want to be rather than the one where they don't need to constantly travel everytime they hearthstone. It also cuts down on lag.
Reply Quote
28/03/2012 14:38Posted by Gunnell
This is kind of what baffled me at Cataclysm. When they said "We don't want a central hub" what they really ended up meaning was "Stormwind is now Shattrath/Dalaran".

There's a lot of stuff they said that they didn't keep that made me baffled as well.
Reply Quote
85 Goblin Priest
You're not alone, even as a horde i miss ironforge. Running in there naked is boring when there's only guards and no players.

Also why did they make that new place under ironforge with the crystallized dwarf if they make stormwind your only option as a hub.

Ps, i miss undercity and thunder bluff. Couldn't care less about darnassus and exodar.

And no, horde doesn't have a shiny, pretty, lovey-dovey capital for blood elf's. that's just a silly rumor. Blood elfs just popped up one day ... out of holes ... of despair ... like a horde race would.
Reply Quote
Community
We do hear you on this. However, see how you feel once Mists is in full swing. We fully intend to have players out and about in the world a lot more in the coming expansion, rather than idling in a city between your various PvE/PvP encounters. Hopefully, returning to the capital will be a rarer occasion than it currently is :)
Reply Quote
90 Draenei Hunter
28/03/2012 16:35Posted by Takralus
We do hear you on this. However, see how you feel once Mists is in full swing. We fully intend to have players out and about in the world a lot more in the coming expansion, rather than idling in a city between your various PvE/PvP encounters. Hopefully, returning to the capital will be a rarer occasion than it currently is :)

Very good news. :)
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Druid
I want a new city in Pandaria.
Reply Quote
85 Undead Warlock
Please make it so that Orgrimmar and SW aren't the only cities with PvE gear vendors and transmogrify.
The main problem right now is that they are the only cities with access to all the services.
Reply Quote
85 Night Elf Warrior

To be fair, this was said during the Cataclysm beta too.

Blizzard said they wanted to get rid of the sanctuary idea then, and it kinda worked, but instead players just retreated back to their main cities, eg Stormwind and Orgrimmar.

The reasons for it are quite simple really. Everything is in these cities, from Honor/Justice vendors to Transmog and Reforging.

I think the best thing to do would be to add the vendors to all the major cities, and not just restrict them to one place where all players have to congest and pack up, causing major lag and fps issues for many players. It would also see more life brought to other cities.
Reply Quote
28 Worgen Hunter
And Theramore could use an AH.

Of course, could, given the current plans for the place. It''s a bit baffling all the trainers and a bank are present yet no AH.
Reply Quote
85 Human Priest

And how are you gonna get players to get out in the world more? Iam sorry but I think I have a right to be very sceptical since honestly for the last 3 years or so, or really ever since TBC you have done the opposite.
Flying mounts made you fly over everything starting in TBC, then in WOTLK you added LFG feature which shut down any reason why you would ever leave the maincity. All you needed to do now was press a button and you got teleported to the instance.
In CATA you added the braindead LFR feature which spoiled all the bosses, and mass summon so even when you have a normal raid - you don't need to leave Stormwind, guild perk ftw?
Reply Quote
90 Human Death Knight
I miss duelling in front of the bank :(
Reply Quote
90 Draenei Warrior
28/03/2012 17:01Posted by Freda
I miss duelling in front of the bank :(

This. I also miss dueliing in Dun Morogh. It was so much better than Elwynn.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Hunter
i dont beleve you will ever fix people going idol in a main city its what people do it will allways happen you can only add so manny daily quests till we can not handel them.

Instead you should work on this give us more thing to do it the main citys the pet battles and duels outside are a good start but how about a fight pit in the main citys so people can jump in and nuke each other for fun.

Why not have a minni contest in the city like Fishing one and maby a cooking one ? Hot dog eating contest on sundays? Maby have one in a diffrent main city each week? You can try as you like to make me stand in the barrens or whatever but it wont happen.
Reply Quote
85 Tauren Druid

It's not a problem with just sitting in a capital, it's which capital. I want to be able to make my home in my city of choice, not be forced to stay in SW/Org just because that's where everything is.
We have all these cities all over the place, with different themes and structures but we're pretty much barred from using them (unless we happen to be a mage) as everything we need and want is in SW/Org and nowhere else.

I want to have a choice again. I want to sit in whatever setting most pleases me, not where everyone and their dog is shoehorned into sitting. :/
Edited by Redpanda on 28/03/2012 17:09 BST
Reply Quote
90 Human Death Knight
28/03/2012 17:08Posted by Redpanda

It's not a problem with just sitting in a capital, it's which capital. I want to be able to make my home in my city of choice, not be forced to stay in SW/Org just because that's where everything is.
We have all these cities all over the place, with different themes and structures but we're pretty much barred from using them (unless we happen to be a mage) as everything we need and want is in SW/Org and nowhere else.

I want to have a choice again. I want to sit in whatever setting most pleases me, not where everyone and their dog is shoehorned into sitting. :/

Dalaran is awesome. You can use the AH there even if you're not an engineer, it's pretty, less lag since there's less players there, and you have a portal to Org/SW/CoT.

If they added training dummies it would be perfect. Then again, I just go to Acherus to go on dummies.
Reply Quote
85 Tauren Druid
28/03/2012 17:14Posted by Freda
Dalaran is awesome. You can use the AH there even if you're not an engineer, it's pretty, less lag since there's less players there, and you have a portal to Org/SW/CoT.
True, but as soon as I need to reforge, want to transmog or get my shiny new valour gear, then off to SW/Org it is...

I do have my HS in Dalaran, but I rarely ever stay there because I tend to have to go about my business in the main cities, checking the vendors etc. that are only there.
If I find a nice new item on the AH to use for transmog I have to portal back. If I realise I've just got enough vp's for a new item I have to portal back. If I won a tier token in LFR I have to portal back.
And being the way I am I very often remember *that one last thing* I was going to do just as I HS back to Dal, so I have to portal back, again...
I'm constantly being forced into 'the one main city' to go about my business, I don't have a choice to stay in the city I like the most.
Edited by Redpanda on 28/03/2012 17:25 BST
Reply Quote
85 Human Paladin
I'm so happy im not the only one feeling that way, i actually TRANSFERED to another high population server just to see 10-15 more in IF.
Doesn't quite make me happy when i see a ghost city tbh.
Reply Quote
90 Tauren Druid
Hola!

Now I indeed think it is time for our main citys to change,
With the upcomming expansion at its end, where orgrimmar will be led siege on, I think we should be using our other citys aswell! And to be honest, let Orgrimmar burn for a little while ^_^.

I'm not sure how many of you Alliance have been playing on the Horde side, but let me tell you, So much effort was put into Silvermoon City, that I personally find it such a huge waste to not use Silvermoon! In my opinion, blood elves need a bigger role. Trolls be trollin' They don't have much of a city. Well our goblins.. Neither do they. Undercity/Thunderbluff? They share #2/3 as main horde city.

But Silvermoon? If you ever tend to go there, it is a massive city, and barely anyone ever goes there. Such a shame, awesome moddeling and lore.
Reply Quote
I think blizzard are doing something like this - Lots of dailies like always with every patch, minus Dragon Soul.

PvP:

- Go do this in the world, and you can increase your conquest gain. make it a kinda daily thing so it always happens. - RBG'ers and Arena players will obviously do this to increase their conquest cap for the week.

- Go do dailies quests to gain conquest points.

PvE:

- Go do dailies for your "Charm of Good Fortune" - Hardcore raiders will be obligated to leave cities every once in awhile.

- Go do dailies to get your valor points, and increase your weekly cap.

Personally, I think the system would need to be carefully done. Make it like - People need to go there daily to increase their caps. If they miss a day, they won't get the maximum cap, and miss out on vital points to gain extra charms. Otherwise you risk us falling back into the same boat. People do it once, then idle in the cities for the rest of the week.

TL:DR

They're making it in such a way where it would benefit people GREATLY if they do it.

Many will think it's wrong, because people will feel "Forced" to do it. But the way they're going about it - You can't get something, for nothing and I completely agree.
Edited by Gordag on 28/03/2012 18:07 BST
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]