Windows 8 and WoW.

85 Tauren Shaman
Does windows 8 really f*ck WoW over? I've used it for awhile, with my new computer, and I keep getting random lag spikes down to 1-2fps which are computer-wide, just because I'm playing WoW. Anyone else with Windows 8 getting this problem?
(It's a modded version, called 'Windows 8 Ultimate NASER71', with some goodies from Windows 7 and some from Windows 8)
Reply Quote
87 Blood Elf Hunter
31/03/2012 13:06Posted by Nyashan
(It's a modded version, called 'Windows 8 Ultimate NASER71', with some goodies from Windows 7 and some from Windows 8)

I suspect that is your problem.

Both ATI and Nvidia offer Windows 8 support now and although very few games do most will run as long as you have the correct and up to date drivers, I know many people who can play WoW with no problems on Windows 8 consumer preview including myself, I suspect your problem is being caused by the fact your using a third party operating system.
Reply Quote
85 Tauren Shaman
Thanks, I suspected something like that. I'll just switch back to Windows 7 for the time being, makes it all simpler.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]