DS HC.

85 Draenei Shaman
I've been asked to stand in to heal for tonights raiding but they are going to try a few bosses on HC mode, I haven't even healed in normal on this character yet so I am a little nervous. I have read through a few posts on reforging and watched tactic videos and hope I have sorted out my gear/talents and glyphs as best I can.
The 3 bosses on HC are Mor/Yor and Ultra. If anyone has got any time to check my gear/spec and give me any tips on these encounters I would very much appreciate it.
Reply Quote
90 Draenei Shaman
Well you need to have some focus on Yor since it is a bit diffecult to heal it for your first time. The other encounters will be easy enough just keep on so much targets riptide up and drop always healing raid + healing stream totem, cant tell you more. Just ask the other healer if you got some problems with a phase or boss, :) Goodluck

Edit: Stop reforging to crit, you can better have mastery or haste,
Intellect > Spirit > Haste -> Mastery -> Crit
Edited by Tweewieler on 02/04/2012 15:38 BST
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Shaman
Good thing to know as shaman on unsleeping is what spells you can use with the debuff, or else people will die. No idea what you can use but good thing to know before you do.

Tweewieler jij moet dat wel weten XD
Reply Quote
86 Orc Shaman
well, not much you can do with the gear in general today. two things though:

1. Try to get your haste up to 916 rating. At precisely 916 Haste rating, you gain one extra tick on all your HoTs.

2. why have you forged so much spirit into other stats? this is just a question mind you. have you read somewhere that it would be a good thing to do?.

--------

when it comes to the bosses. Checking out videos of them a few times each is always a good thing. Fatboss has some decent ones for example. Does your raidgroup have off-healers on Mor? if so that shouldnt pose to big of a problem. His damage output tends to really increase when it comes to the later parts of the fight but nothing you shouldnt be able to handle with decent tanks and a group that knows what to do. LB while Black Blood of the Earth goes on.

Regarding Yor. When you know the normal-mode fight you know the HC one, just keep in mind that when certain blob combos appear you will want to have your cooldowns ready. I am sure your raid leader will tell you which combos the group tends to feel stings the worst.

Ultrax can be a pain. Although this is a dps-race you will most likely feel some stress at the end there.

-----

Now, i do not know how much you have healed in raids before this, but do you know how your mana regen fares during intense fights? shaman usually dont have this problem, but it is always good to know what it takes to get your mana back up during a fight.
I dont usually heal, but i have healed those three, and know that at the end of mor and ultrax i am usually pretty low on mana.
Reply Quote
85 Draenei Shaman
From what information I have extracted from other threads I have found that Restos are aiming for around 2500 spirit and that heroics will mean that players will be taking higher damage thus mastery be more relevant. Also, the crit thing is because of the mana back from Resurgence.
Saying that though, I am tempted to reforge back to spirit in case I do have a mana issue, maybe around the 2900 mark or would that be wasted?
What's the story with what spells to use on Yor and a debuff Coppecop?
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Shaman
Deep Corruption
Receiving healing or absorbtion effects will trigger a detonation at 5 stack

Not all spell trigger this but allot do. i have no idea what spells do but better ask someone who does know
Reply Quote
85 Draenei Shaman
Deep Corruption
Receiving healing or absorbtion effects will trigger a detonation at 5 stack

Not all spell trigger this but allot do. i have no idea what spells do but better ask someone who does know

Thanks for that, I'm sure we have a Pala healer for WoG.
HS Totem is fine, as is Earth Shield and that's about it for stacks.
Reply Quote
86 Tauren Shaman
Spirit Link can also be used.
Reply Quote
90 Draenei Shaman
Good thing to know as shaman on unsleeping is what spells you can use with the debuff, or else people will die. No idea what you can use but good thing to know before you do.

I have serious no Idea, I like Enhancement on unsleeper, :$
En jij moet dat helemaal weten meneer savior.
Edited by Tweewieler on 02/04/2012 22:36 BST
Reply Quote
85 Goblin Shaman
Healing Rain: 1 stack per person per heal (if dropped after the debuff is applied). If dropped before Deep Corruption is applied 0 stacks, however, people will gain stacks if the move in and out of the HR.

CH: 1 stack on each player that it hits.

Riptide: 1 stack on initial application. 0 stacks from the HoT (if you need Tidal Waves but don't want to build dtacks on anyone, pets are your friend)

GHW/HS/HW: 1 stack

Unleash Elements: 1 stack

HST: 0 stacks

ES: 0 stacks

Earthliving: 0 stacks

AA: 0 stacks

SLT: 0 Stacks (but imo, better of using it during high damage phases (black/red/yellow) purple phases are rarely high damage)

Stoneclaw Totem: 1 stack (if one puts it down after debuff has been applied)

Imho you're better of going pure single target heals (and RT) during purple since everything else is pretty much a risk.
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Shaman

i don't heal :p just deeps and tank
Edited by Copperkop on 03/04/2012 17:55 BST
Reply Quote
90 Draenei Shaman

i don't heal :p just deeps and tank

Hehe, just DPS and everything will be fine :P
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]