Topic Guild Contagion, looking to move here.
Edited by Dathran on 05/04/12 16:12 (BST)
Hello there Doomhammer!
My Guild and I are looking at a possible server transfer here, undecided yet if we are going to be Alliance or Horde, most likely we shall be staying Alliance.
We are currently 7/8 HC in Dragon Soul and are looking for a bit more to push us in the upcoming expansion, Mists of Pandaria. Currently on Ravencrest there are Guilds such as Depthcore and Loot FTW which is highly unlikely for us to challenge them for their spots.
I'm here to ask a few questions about this server:
- What is the Population like?
- Peak times?
- Alliance to Horde ratio?
- Auction House stability?
- How often are PuGs organised here?
- Is PvE big here? or just not enough Guilds to deliver high standards?
Thank you in advance.
- Peak Times 19.00 to 24.00
- I assume 60:40 - Alliance:Horde
- Doomhammer is an overpriced server on Auction House
- PuGs are organised on a weekly basis. On the server we have several PuG Raid Leaders, the most well known of them must be Swain and myself. We pug everything, from MC to Heroic DS. 2/8 HC is perfectly puggable here. Loads of Glory Runs and Non Meta Runs for Ulduar aswell.
- PvE is not that big. We have quite some guilds with over 6/8 Hc Progress. There are so far, 2 stable 25M Raiding Guilds. The Server First one is Questionable Ethics (Former 10M Raiding Guild, merged with the Server Second Guild from Horde, More Dakka to be able raid 25M) the Second Guild is The Lost Chapter. QE has 8/8 Hc on 25M | TLC has 6/8 HC on 25M, as far as I know 2 Guilds have 8/8 HC on 10M, one of them is Vigilantes. Doomhammer has been a bit of a dieing server. Many guilds can't fill their recruitment profiles, but in General we're a server who does quite okay in PvE.
- PvP is Horrible here. The only 2 Real Active Gladiators are Zkye and Haat, those two are boosting the people who pay for it, to Gladiator. There are also no countable or remarke'able PvP Guilds, who focus on Battlemaster, Arena Setups and Rated Battleground. Many of the Legendary PvP Heroes from the Past, have quitted or either Realm Transfered.
- The population is harsh. On Horde side you barely stand a chance to find good PuG's and Raiding Guilds. On Alliance side we have +/- 20 Guilds who have good Progress in Heroic DS, however the Doomhammer Realm could use a Free Realm Transfer to Doomhammer.
Hope at least this was usefull.
PvP is Horrible here
I can't judge the pve scene, since im not involved so ill only reply on your comments about PvP.
First of all, you seem to know a lot about our PvP scene.... for someone who is not involved in any way or form and requires a f*cking boost to 1550 rating.
Back to the story, there are currently about 25 active players on alliance who are capable of playing around 2.2k rating. This group contains about 5-6 glads or ex-glads, also quite a few players from realms such as outland and stormscale have alts on here. Besides this group, there are still a few inactive/semi-active glad's or 2700 exp players which jump by now and agian. Ofcourse this is a PvE realm, so player do tend to find their luck on a pvp server. Some where successful and actually achieved rank one titles, some where less successful. However a coregroup has remained on doomhammer for the last two years.
There is currently no major pvp guild, since Questionable Ethics holds a rather large (for a pve-server) group of pvpers. However to those intrested there are smaller pvp guilds such as both fan clubs and shut up pve hero.
To conclude it, i'd say that arena hasn't been this active for quite some time on alliance. However Rbgs could require some extra attention.
Feel free to pm me, if you have any further questions.
Shows how much you know about the PvP Scene on Doomhammer Alliance.
PS: Selling boosts to 1550
why u heff to be mad
Edited by Blooderdukii on 06/04/12 01:37 (BST)
Edited by Dofty on 06/04/12 13:28 (BST)
With the comment "PvP is horrible here" I meant that in comparisation to other servers, it's not remarke'able.
As the Topic Starter, needs information to change to another Server, he best can use comparisation with other servers to make the final decision where to Transfer to.
I know nothing about PvP and always will know nothing.
Fault in the previous poster replies:
1. It was 1750 Rating. Not 1550.
Never the less, what is wrong to give one guy the information he needs. None of my information is either wrong or out-dated, if and only if you compare it to other Servers. You just compared among one Server and thus all of your comments are invalid. PvP is Horrible here if you compare to other PvE Normal Servers. Period.
Thanks for all the Grammar N A Z I S and Political Correct Answers from those Trolls, bashing on me and try to correct me.
PS: Doesn't change the fact that I love you all <3
Edited by Haat on 06/04/12 15:54 (BST)
I for one welcome our new PvP overlord.
i'm gonna make a powerpoint