Arena Pass Tournament 2012: Frequently Asked Questions

MVP
85 Night Elf Rogue
Updated info on the pet and title:
They should both have been handed out by now ( http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/forum/topic/4937073720#3 ), but a lot of people are experiencing issues. If you should have received a reward which you haven't received yet, don't hesitate to open a ticket.

Edit 20-07: Some players are reporting that they received their pets now, so hopefully the issues have been fixed.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

A while ago there was an announcement that there would be a new Arena Pass Realm this year, and as much fun as this will be, it has brought a couple of questions and issues. By creating this guide, I hope we can keep all questions in one thread, while hopefully already answering any questions you might have without having to write the answer time and time again.

Since I want to keep this as short as possible, I will skip the long introduction and I will come right to the point: if you have any questions not mentioned yet, feel free to ask them in a reply.

Currently, these are the questions featured in this guide:
- At which stage is the Arena Pass tournament right now?
- Can I still sign up?
- When does the next phase start?
- If I bought the Arena Pass this year, will I be able to participate again next year or do I have to pay again?
- How can I access the Arena Pass Realm once it is available? I can't find it anywhere! Do I have to download a different client?
- Do I get any in-game rewards for participating on the Arena Pass Realm?
- What are the requirements for the pet/title?
- Will the 2v2 and 5v5 brackets be available as well, or will it only be 3v3?
- Will the rewards (the pet and Vanquisher title) be available for all your characters or just for one character?
- When do I receive my rewards?
- Where can I find more info about the Arena Pass?

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
-Q: At which stage is the Arena Pass tournament right now?

A: Currently, the Arena Pass Realm is offline. The Cataclysm edition has ended, so we are just waiting for the MoP version to be released.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
-Q: Can I still sign up?

A: Nope, the sign-up has been closed, so you will have to wait till the tournament of 2013 if you want to participate.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
-Q: When does the next phase start?

A: That is currently still unknown. All we know is that it will start once MoP is released, but when that is....... nobody knows.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
-Q: If I bought the Arena Pass this year, will I automatically be able to participate again next year or do I have to pay again?

A: If everything goes as expected, you would have to pay again next year.
Edited by Dalrian on 20/07/2012 10:28 BST
Reply Quote
MVP
85 Night Elf Rogue
-Q: How can I access the Arena Pass Realm once it is available? I can't find it anywhere! Do I have to download a different client?

A: You don't have to download anything. They will add a special server, only available to those who have signed up for the tournament, listed under the tab "tournaments".

You can find this by going to the "select realm" page, and then changing the tabs in the same way you would change the language of the servers. All the way to the right, you will find the Tournament tab with the Arena Pass Realm on it.

-Q: Do I get any in-game rewards for participating on the Arena Pass Realm?

A: Yes, you do. You can earn a special title if you end high enough in the rankings and you can earn an exclusive pet for playing enough games in the 3v3 bracket. These will all be applied to your characters on the live servers, so you will even be able to keep them after the tournament.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
-Q: What are the requirements for the pet/title?

A: The Vanquisher title is awarded to anyone who is part of one of the best 1000 teams in the rankings, while that player has also played at least 100 matches with that same team.

The Murkimus pet is awarded to anyone who has at least played 50 3v3 matches in the arena pass tournament.
Edited by Dalrian on 12/06/2012 18:03 BST
Reply Quote
MVP
85 Night Elf Rogue
-Q: Will the 2v2 and 5v5 brackets be available as well, or will it only be 3v3?

A: They will all be available, so you can play in any bracket you want. However, only the 3v3 bracket can give you any rewards, but if you would just like to play a few 2v2 matches for the fun of it, then that will easily be possible.

-Q: Will the rewards (the pet and Vanquisher title) be available for all your characters or just for one character? by Kardana

A: The Vanquisher title will be available for all your characters of level 71 and higher. The pet (Murkimus the Gladiator) will work in the same way Mr. Chilly does: You will receive it on all your characters, including the ones still to be created.

-Q: When do I receive my rewards?

A: That is currently still unknown. Don't worry though: they will arrive eventually, but if you're unlucky, it might just take 2 months. You can assume it will be much quicker, but you never know for sure. All you can do is check back here once in a while to see if there's any news.

-Q: Where can I find more info about the Arena Pass?

A: There are 4 places where you can find more info:
-In this thread, because I will keep updating it as we gain more information.
-In the FAQ created by Blizzard themselves:
http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/game/arena/arena-faq
-In the blog thread which announced the Arena Pass Tournament:
http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/blog/4025755
-On the registration page:
http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/game/arena/

That's everything I have to say so far. I will keep updating this thread as more information becomes available, and of course when you decide to ask questions which could fit in this guide as well.

Thank you for reading, and good luck in arena. May the odds be ever in your favour! (Yes, MVPs read books as well!)
Edited by Dalrian on 12/06/2012 18:47 BST
Reply Quote
85 Blood Elf Rogue
12/04/2012 16:00Posted by Dalrian
A: Those rumours are correct. There will only be season 9 gear, together with the PvE gear which also existed back then. You won't find any items from recent patches though.

Source?
Reply Quote
1 Human Warlock
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------
-Q: What gear will be available during the Arena Tournament? I heard rumours there will only be season 9 gear!

A: Those rumours are correct. There will only be season 9 gear, together with the PvE gear which also existed back then. You won't find any items from recent patches though.

If this is true i wont sign up this time... cmon Blizzard every tournament Server ur updated the Gear...
Edited by Lalyo on 12/04/2012 23:59 BST
Reply Quote
85 Tauren Druid
I actually prefer the outdated gear atleast rogues will have a bit less dmg becasue they scale 40% agi lol and my class resto druid does not scale with gear at all. Also vials and cunnings everywhere are not fun at all.
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Hunter
12/04/2012 21:37Posted by Eléctrica
Source?

Closer I can find is :

WHY IS THE GEAR FOR THE ARENA PASS REALM NOT EQUIVALENT TO THE LEVEL OF GEAR ON THE LIVE REALMS?
We have chosen a large selection of epic gear for our participants to ensure a competitive playing field. For the sake of consistency, items on the Arena Pass realm will not always be able to correspond to the level of gear on the live realms.

http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/game/arena/arena-faq
Reply Quote
MVP
85 Night Elf Rogue
12/04/2012 21:37Posted by Eléctrica
Source?

You don't doubt my sources I hope? ^^

The full list can be found in here:
http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/game/arena/arena-items
Reply Quote
90 Human Mage
Making ppl pay to play the exact same thing as last year n1
Reply Quote
85 Blood Elf Rogue
WHY IS THE GEAR FOR THE ARENA PASS REALM NOT EQUIVALENT TO THE LEVEL OF GEAR ON THE LIVE REALMS?
We have chosen a large selection of epic gear for our participants to ensure a competitive playing field. For the sake of consistency, items on the Arena Pass realm will not always be able to correspond to the level of gear on the live realms.

I seen that, but it isn't actually proving anything but that fact that CAN BE.

13/04/2012 07:56Posted by Dalrian
Source?

You don't doubt my sources I hope? ^^

The full list can be found in here

Could be unupdated for all we know :/
Reply Quote
85 Human Paladin
13/04/2012 12:09Posted by Oxxie

It's patch 4.3 with S9 gear to avoid cunnings and vials all over the place..
Reply Quote
90 Human Mage
13/04/2012 15:41Posted by Mírion

It's patch 4.3 with S9 gear to avoid cunnings and vials all over the place..

Does not remove the fact that they want us to pay to play the exact game we played 1 year ago ^^
Reply Quote
85 Human Paladin
How is it the same thing? If you're just on there for playing with broken trinkets instead of actual completetive play I don't know what to say.
Reply Quote
1 Human Warlock
we know that that cataclysm is the unbalanced wow pvp ever, but it really makes no sense to pay for the same gear from last year...
Reply Quote
MVP
85 Night Elf Rogue
13/04/2012 17:18Posted by Lalyo
but it really makes no sense to pay for the same gear from last year...

Then don't.

The majority of players is happy it works this way. It's not like we have to go back to the way it was last year, because the game has changed a lot. They are still using the current state of the classes, just with older gear.

The only difference the gear makes is making everything more balanced, but other than that, it's no different than if they used s11 gear. It's just that globalling eachother will be more difficult this time.
Reply Quote
1 Human Warlock
believe me it would be more balanced with s11 or even s10 cuz patch notes changed a'lot since s9
Reply Quote
85 Human Warlock
I disagree s9 gear won't make it more balanced (assuming they can add s11 gear without the said broken trinkets) instead it promotes cleave teams much better when there's still 20% AP buff and 25% healing reduction when healers run with lower health/resi/spell power

If anything s11 gear should be the gear available on arena pass with cunning/vial/guthrak being removed as it promotes players to practice/test on arena pass if they want to play with people from different servers on live
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Hunter
S9 you say?

Hello Kung Fu Cleave.

edit: Seriously though, yes there's a 20% AP buff as opposed to 10, but there's a lot less Strength on the gear as well. Also, remember what was introduced during Season 10:

"All healing critical strikes now heal for 2 times a normal heal (+100%), up from 1.5 times a normal heal (+50%)."

It's a 50% increased RNG heal buff vs. a passive 10% damage buff. It could be worse, tbh.
Edited by Bodoma on 15/04/2012 09:52 BST
Reply Quote
90 Human Mage
15/04/2012 03:07Posted by Forze
put a brain cell into their pvp and not get a free title and pet.

Yep some srs brainstorming to play 100 games in 3s and be above 1.4k+ :)
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]