Anders Behring Breivik

(Locked)

70 Undead Mage
I just did the quests in Uldum including the parody of hitler, the man who killed thousands and thousands of european civilians.. and you World of Warcraft is making a parody of HITLER?!

How far will this go? are you gona make a parody of Breivik soon or perhaps Stalin? I suggest removing that foul parody this instant and giving us a real story line except for this Parody of Murderers. I hope i am not offending any norwegian here as i understand your pain of this horrid man.. but you can believe me that hitler was 10 times worse!
90 Goblin Shaman
http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0082971/
90 Night Elf Rogue
Over 9 thousand people die every day. (around 300 thousand)

Blizzard damn you for making fun of life!
Edited by Cheri on 15/04/2012 17:01 BST
90 Draenei Warrior
I haven't even seen the movie and even I know it's a Indiana Jones reference.
70 Undead Mage
Over 9 thousand people die every day. (around 300 thousand)

Blizzard damn you for making fun of life!
Here i'll take that wrap off around your face.. There you go! A PARODY OF MURDERERS IN A KIDS GAME IS NOT FUNNY.
85 Night Elf Death Knight
Actually the parody is not of Hitler it's about the Germans in Indiana Jones.

Are you seriously trying to say that Blizzard is parodying evil people. If they really wanted to parody real life people in Uldum they'd have put a cave with a man hiding in it, called Osama.
15/04/2012 17:02Posted by Faranell
Here i'll take that wrap off around your face.. There you go! A PARODY OF MURDERERS IN A KIDS GAME IS NOT FUNNY.

I don't see any Jack the Ripper references.
Or the Yorkshire Ripper
Or Harold Shipman.
90 Goblin Shaman
Edit: referencing the movie downfall -

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pR5q0ajW8Ko&feature=related

And you've probably seen a parody of it
Edited by Raiju on 15/04/2012 17:11 BST
- World of Warcraft
90 Gnome Mage
My goodness !
My palm even refuses to face me !

This entire discussion has been done before, to great extend.

Firstly what Raiju links.

Secondly: Monty Python (Northern Minehead By-Elections), Spring Time for Hitler in the Producers, Hitler's somewhat parodical portrail in Inglorious Basterds, just a few examples.
15/04/2012 17:04Posted by Raiju
He is right - there is one quest in uldum that references a movie about hitler - "Nine, nine, nine!", referencing the famous scene from inglorious basterds (I think it's that one?).

Ah fair enough :)

I haven;t actually seen Inglorius Basterds, so I assumed it was just a mocking German Reference.
90 Night Elf Rogue
15/04/2012 17:04Posted by Raiju
He is right - there is one quest in uldum that references a movie about hitler - "Nine, nine, nine!", referencing the famous scene from inglorious basterds (I think it's that one?).

http://www.nineninenine.net/

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Martin_Rushent
Edited by Cheri on 15/04/2012 17:06 BST
90 Human Death Knight
15/04/2012 17:05Posted by Zazkya

I smiled at this. :3
90 Pandaren Shaman
MoX
My goodness !

I lold irl.

@OP; if you're going to make a thread, at least make sure you know what you're on about.
85 Gnome Warlock
15/04/2012 17:02Posted by Frostmorne
Actually the parody is not of Hitler it's about the Germans in Indiana Jones.

Actually its more of a parody of the characters and events in Raiders but I see what you are getting at.

Seriously though, this matter was argued to death when cata was released. It is poking fun at specific parts of the film, nothing more. Throughout the game you will see obvious (or not so obvious) references to films, film stars etc that are/were favourites of Blizzard employees.

None of it is intended to be direct references to specific "atrocities" if you will.
15/04/2012 17:12Posted by Coverticus
Actually its more of a parody of the characters and events in Raiders but I see what you are getting at.

Yeah, couldn't be bothered to write which one :)

15/04/2012 17:12Posted by Coverticus
None of it is intended to be direct references to specific "atrocities" if you will.

Exactly. I didn't see anyone forced to dig their own grave before being shot in Uldum. What I saw was a chicken called Gobbles exploding.
Edited by Frostmorne on 15/04/2012 17:17 BST
- World of Warcraft
90 Gnome Mage
15/04/2012 17:16Posted by Frostmorne
What I saw was a chicken called Gobbles exploding.

O.o

Okay, this goes too far !

*Cancels subscription.*
90 Goblin Shaman
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Joseph_Goebbels
70 Undead Mage
You are all blind!
15/04/2012 17:20Posted by Faranell
You are all blind!

Says the half rotten undead.
This thread is locked.

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]