Bonus Mission for Week 4: Pugman’s Pugilistic Pub-crawl

As the Borderlands Campaign drag on, the moods and morale of the battered Alliance troops are drawing low, many of their units surrounded by the enemy in the hostile region of Hillsbrad. But at the desperate hour, an unsung hero approaches from the horizon… and he’s riding with a cart full of whiskey!

“Pugman’s Pugilistic Pub-crawl” takes place on Thursday 26th of April, 21:00. It’s a humoristic bonus mission for approximately 20 Alliance and 20 Horde characters, plus some randoms.*

Jonah Pugman, a brewer extraordinaire, realm-famous for his Pugman’s XXX -label malt whiskey, is providing the Alliance troops refreshments that will certainly raise the battle-spirit of the army, should the potent drink reach their tankards. However, alchemists of the Horde have learned that this is no mere alcohol, but magical brew that will actually enhance the troops with new strength and ward them against fear. Thus, they cannot let the stuff get to the hands of the Alliance! They send a group of their finest agents to do highwayman’s job and ambush Pugman’s caravan!

• The Alliance participants: Three units are accepted to the mission, and each of them is free to provide up to five characters for the mission. The remaining five spots are filled with random characters outside of the main units. These characters travel to Thelsamar to protect Pugman’s caravan, and start from here on Thursday, 21:00. Their task is simply to travel with Pugman and fight off the possible attackers. Of course they get the first taste of the load of XXX whiskey on the road! As opposed to the teamsters, these caravan guards move on foot.

• The Horde participants: Three units are also accepted from the Horde side, and each of them will provide up to five characters for the mission. The remaining five spots are filled with random characters outside of the main units. These characters start from Wetlands and attempt to ambush Pugman’s troupe on the way. They are allowed to make up to four (4) attacks during the evening - once in Loch Modan, once in Wetlands, once in Arathi Highlands, and once in Hillsbrad. Their attempt is to destroy as much of Pugman’s wares as possible, before the caravan reaches its final destination at Dun Garok.

*Pugman’s Troupe: Additional to the attackers and defenders, up to five people are welcome to join the mission in the role of Pugman’s teamsters. The pre-requisite for this role is to have the Brewfest Kodo mount!

• The attacks: During each attack, there is a clash of RP-PvP. Both, the attackers and the defenders make a roll, based on which a portion of Pugman’s wares is or isn’t destroyed. There’s a chance that the attackers and defenders get wounded in the process, and they will normally become campaign casualties. Additionally, only characters who are not wounded can participate in this bonus mission. After each ambush, the Horde ambushers are eventually driven back into the wilds.

The winner of each of the four ambushes will gain 5 victory points to their own faction, up to the maximum of 20 victory points for all four fights won. Unit specialties won’t affect the outcome of this bonus mission. Those characters wounded during the battles will be removed from the raids and cannot roll in the following attacks, although they could still travel with the groups until the event's end.

• Experimental RP-PvP: It is suggested that all event-participants keep their PvP turned off. When the attack happens, the ambushers use /duel function to attack the caravan members. This is both to prevent griefers taking part AND testing the /duel method for further RP-PvP event use.

Who can participate: “But we’re in a different region altogether. Can we participate?” Yes you can. The units themselves stay where they are – they merely send some of their members on fast mounts to join Pugman’s troupe – or ambush it. Like the previous bonus mission, this one will not affect any unit’s main mission of the week. (Except in that the participants can get wounded in it.)

Who CANNOT participate: Those who aren’t signed up to the event (Pugman's Pugilistic Pub-crawl) are asked to leave the whole caravan in peace. We don’t want huge armies around this simple-intended event. Either your unit has not heard of the caravan at all, or you are misinformed and are searching it from a wrong place in the wrong time.

Sign your unit (or your character, if you’re not in an unit) here in this thread. It’s first come, first served, folks. Spots are limited! And remember: it’s not that seriouz.
Edited by Waywatcher on 20/04/2012 09:46 BST
Reply Quote
Participant list:

Jonah Pugman
Teamster 1: Rhogor
Teamster 2: Ashebrook
Teamster 3: Aredin
Teamster 4:
Teamster 5:

Alliance Caravan Guards:
Bjora - Anvilmar Iron Brigade
Jolto - Anvilmar Iron Brigade
Bulgram - Anvilmar Iron Brigade
Khazmar - Anvilmar Iron Brigade
Drohn - Anvilmar Iron Brigade
Harnnumm - Ironforge Mountaineers
Vandurth - Ironforge Mountaineers
Woodbeard - Ironforge Mountaineers
Gallnir - Ironforge Mountaineers
Thoirin - Ironforge Mountaineers
Gerlda

Horde Ambushers:
Ilthanìel - The Ashen Company
Thanoril - The Ashen Company
Rienlin - The Ashen Company)
Sathryn - The Ashen Company
Meyryn - The Ashen Company
Gillawyn - The Blackguard
Kife - The Blackguard
Tharien - The Blackguard
Kerelan - The Blackguard
Nikeia - The Blackguard
Marrowscar
Zokh
Nazzik
Blackthunder
Nakasu
Edited by Waywatcher on 25/04/2012 13:00 BST
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Paladin
This sounds like fantastic fun, Waywatcher! A nice spot of guerilla warfare in a relatively foreign field for the majority of the campaign units thus far. I'd adore to come along and fight the good fight, but I cannot speak for Baladan's intentions. ;)
Reply Quote
Sounds brilliant. I would like to sign up this character as independent (Not signing up as a part of Lordaerons Order) to become a member of the guard force.

There are drinks and punches to be dispensed.
Reply Quote
85 Undead Death Knight
Oh my god I wan't to take part in this so bad.

(Seriously, no sarcasm there... Or there)
Edited by Verlith on 20/04/2012 08:46 BST
Reply Quote
90 Dwarf Hunter
I'd love to be a part of this, but alas Gerlda is neither part of a unit nor does she have a kodo.
Edited by Gerlda on 20/04/2012 08:53 BST
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Paladin
It would be nice to get some drinks and crack some skulls like true bros, Verlith.
Reply Quote
20/04/2012 08:53Posted by Gerlda
I'd love to be a part of this, but alas Gerlda is neither part of a unit nor does she have a kodo.

Read the description for participants again. ;)
Reply Quote
85 Blood Elf Paladin
This looks like something Kenara might want to snatch a part in - being Farstriders, and all that. Looks great, Waywatcher!
Reply Quote
100 Dwarf Warrior
*Drops from the sky*

I wish to sign AIB up for this, Waywatcher!

HANDS. OFF. MY. BEER.
Edited by Thunderbraid on 20/04/2012 09:12 BST
Reply Quote
Ha! I have a kodo. Sign me in for whatever role!
Reply Quote
Ah heck, thanks to the obvious Mountaineer interest, I may have to place an initial signature for Ironforge Mountaineers as well in this event.

And just for the clarification, Gerlda: Each faction has 5 open spots (added to 15 unit-member spots), and these characters are taken from outside the units.

Rhogor: You get to be our first teamster!
Edited by Waywatcher on 20/04/2012 09:25 BST
Reply Quote
90 Dwarf Hunter
20/04/2012 09:25Posted by Waywatcher
And just for the clarification, Gerlda: Each faction has 5 open spots (added to 15 unit-member spots), and these characters are taken from outside the units.

Now I feel very silly for making assumptions and just skimming through the thread rather than reading the whole thing.

I'd like to sign up as one of those five independent guards.
Edited by Gerlda on 20/04/2012 09:54 BST
Reply Quote
87 Orc Death Knight
Sounds like someones a fan of Bugmans septuple X brew :P
Reply Quote
Hah! It's great that even someone recognizes the tongue-in-the-cheek nod towards Warhammer.

AiB added to the line of Caravan Guards - inform me of the names of the five participants when you may, Thunderbraid.

Gerlda joins the guards as well.
Reply Quote
Ah heck, thanks to the obvious Mountaineer interest, I may have to place an initial signature for Ironforge Mountaineers as well in this event.

Rhogor: You get to be our first teamster!

Harr. I already have a silly grin upon my face about this mission.
Reply Quote
98 Blood Elf Rogue
This sounds like something Blackguard would be interested in - they are running dangerously slow on beers and might have to resort to Niki's frog booze sooner than later.

Our glorious leader is off to greener pastures for few days so I'll just note down our interest without actually signing, if the event gets full faster, so be it.
Reply Quote
87 Orc Death Knight
I'd like to sign Howling Corpse up as mercenaries for the Horde side.
Reply Quote
90 Dwarf Hunter
Hah! It's great that even someone recognizes the tongue-in-the-cheek nod towards Warhammer.

I could have sworn that we talked about that in the raid prior the first mountaineer challenge this year... Well maybe I did speak to someone about it, but it wasn't in the raid. I think it is a good little joke none the less. But I have to admit that I don't know much about Josef Bugman so I can't say how much you've been inspired by him beyond the name.

Thanks for signing me up by the way.
Reply Quote
100 Human Hunter
I'd like to register my interest as an independent participant.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]