Guild levels for mop.

90 Human Death Knight
I thought that the guild leveling/achievements went really well in cata.It helped our guildies to bond more strongly than ever.All striving for the weekly total etc.
It certainly helped with the guild hopping problem.Either by giving mems a strong sense of achievement by helping level their guild or by the loss of the guild perks,when leaving.Either way it made our guild much easier to manage.
As a large guild,we appreciate it was easier to get the weekly total,than it was for the smaller guilds.So I would not expect another similar round of guild perks as cata gave.I would like another 25 levels but with mainly cosmetic rewards,with just one or two perks.
The excitement in the race for sever first was something we didnt experience often,being a social guild with two casual but keen,raiding teams.
We didnt get server first but we certainly had fun trying.
Happy guild,happy subscription paying guildies.
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Rogue
More guild level would make it harder to make a new guild. Death of new guilds, say hello to large old guilds.
Reply Quote
6 Dwarf Priest
I thought that the guild leveling/achievements went really well in cata.It helped our guildies to bond more strongly than ever.All striving for the weekly total etc.
It certainly helped with the guild hopping problem.Either by giving mems a strong sense of achievement by helping level their guild or by the loss of the guild perks,when leaving.Either way it made our guild much easier to manage.
As a large guild,we appreciate it was easier to get the weekly total,than it was for the smaller guilds.So I would not expect another similar round of guild perks as cata gave.I would like another 25 levels but with mainly cosmetic rewards,with just one or two perks.
The excitement in the race for sever first was something we didnt experience often,being a social guild with two casual but keen,raiding teams.
We didnt get server first but we certainly had fun trying.
Happy guild,happy subscription paying guildies.

There will be 5 extra levels/ perks added with mop.
See: http://www.mmo-champion.com/content/

I dont remember having seen anything about what the persk will be though.;)
Reply Quote
85 Orc Shaman
I'd prefer they make all the current guild perks baseline and do away with guild leveling/perks entirely.

Guilds should be social constructs, not mechanical ones that provide actual boosts to players that join them.
Reply Quote
100 Tauren Druid
I'd prefer they make all the current guild perks baseline and do away with guild leveling/perks entirely.

Guilds should be social constructs, not mechanical ones that provide actual boosts to players that join them.

I think you'll find yourself in the vast minority here, perhaps one in a thousand.
Reply Quote
90 Troll Mage
A social guild will have an extremely hard time finding people for a new guild, if they're not level 25/30, because people want the persk. I think this is a flaw, not a bonus.
Reply Quote
90 Goblin Priest
Presumably the idea is to encourage people in to guilds though to co-operate and get to know each other and work together to meet a mutual goal? Doing away with the guild perks and levelling system - in my opinion - would just take this aspect away from the game. I personally really enjoy that side of things - and realistically, the perks, if you dont have them, arent a huge inconvenience. It encourages some dedication and comeradary in the guilds, which is kinda what i see it being about really...
Reply Quote
90 Human Paladin
03/05/2012 13:55Posted by Kanika
Presumably the idea is to encourage people in to guilds though to co-operate and get to know each other and work together to meet a mutual goal? Doing away with the guild perks and levelling system - in my opinion - would just take this aspect away from the game. I personally really enjoy that side of things - and realistically, the perks, if you dont have them, arent a huge inconvenience. It encourages some dedication and comeradary in the guilds, which is kinda what i see it being about really...

Quite. WoW is not the first MMO to introduce guild ranks, but just as with other game features that they nick from elsewhere, it is the best.

Now all they need to do is let us buy houses and Guild Halls ...
Reply Quote
85 Orc Shaman

I think you'll find yourself in the vast minority here, perhaps one in a thousand.

True. I guess the only real issue I have with it is that it puts new guilds at a disadvantage when recruiting people since they might prefer to join a guild that's already max level. Maybe it's not that bad though. xD
Reply Quote
6 Dwarf Priest
03/05/2012 14:12Posted by Thete

Quite. WoW is not the first MMO to introduce guild ranks, but just as with other game features that they nick from elsewhere, it is the best.

Now all they need to do is let us buy houses and Guild Halls ...

Oh yes! Houses..I dont care so mcuh for, but a guildhall would be very nice.
Its very cool to be able to gather raidbonusses etc for your guildhall.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]