Best class type in the game for pvp?

90 Night Elf Rogue
I'm bored with Alexzandra the rogue and now thinking start a alt account but which one ?.
I'm thinking Mage at the moment.

So what is the best class type in the game for pvp ?, such as is it melee? or is it casters ? could it be Healers ?.

Personally I think that casters may have the advantage in the game being that they do not have to worries about the targets armour, being that armour only mitigate physical damage which a caster spell is not. However they still have to go though spell resistance but that's not much of a problem(spell penetration 195 fix) and is not as high as say a tanks armour.
But that is a matter of opinion plus I could be wrong.

What do you think ?
Edited by Alexzandra on 25/04/2012 11:29 BST
Reply Quote
86 Worgen Mage
25/04/2012 11:05Posted by Alexzandra
Personally I think that casters may have the advantage in the game being that they do not have to worries about armour, being that armour only mitigate physical damage which a caster is not.

VERY wrong. A Caster needs most resillience of all, since they don't wear plate. No we wear Cloth. Squishy Cloth! If we don't have enough resillience, melee class will just run all over us. Won't take them long to kill us either. So you best go for about 4k resilience before entering the arena while still wearing some pve gear.
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Rogue
Personally I think that casters may have the advantage in the game being that they do not have to worries about armour, being that armour only mitigate physical damage which a caster is not.

VERY wrong. A Caster needs most resillience of all, since they don't wear plate. No we wear Cloth. Squishy Cloth! If we don't have enough resillience, melee class will just run all over us. Won't take them long to kill us either. So you best go for about 4k resilience before entering the arena while still wearing some pve gear.

sorry that should say
"that they do not have to worries about the targets armour"
edited my first post ;)

Yes casters need more resilience but someone which is good with their class say a frost mage for instance can kill players with out even being touched, not to mention the bubbles like ice barrier which makes up for it.
casters normally have more crowd control as well preventing the combat class's touching us.
Edited by Alexzandra on 25/04/2012 11:23 BST
Reply Quote
85 Blood Elf Death Knight
I don't know which is best, but Frost DK is definitely very fun.
Reply Quote
90 Human Death Knight
25/04/2012 11:24Posted by Industria
I don't know which is best, but Frost DK is definitely very fun.

yes, we pop everythin and faceroll = profit
Reply Quote
90 Gnome Priest
why would you want to move away from a rogue for pvp?? rogues are currently insanely OP at the moment
Reply Quote
90 Undead Death Knight
Step 1: Frost <insert DK or Mage here>
Step 2: Faceroll
Step 3: ???
Step 4: Profit!
Reply Quote
90 Dwarf Warlock
25/04/2012 12:03Posted by Rivermagic
why would you want to move away from a rogue for pvp?? rogues are currently insanely OP at the moment

Maybe just because of that. Believe it or not, some people do like a challenge.....

OP, that question is as personal as "wich color is the best". I like purple, you like red, and Johnnie likes blue, yet none is the "best".

I would check what new spells and abiilities MoP brings and choose the class that has what is in your eyes the most fun looking. It is not as if you are going to do PvP on that character for more then a month or 2 before MoP comes.
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Rogue
25/04/2012 12:03Posted by Rivermagic

Really I'm bored with my rogue.
I've played this rogue so much there is not really any new challenges for me.
Edited by Alexzandra on 25/04/2012 20:55 BST
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Rogue

Maybe just because of that. Believe it or not, some people do like a challenge.....

OP, that question is as personal as "wich color is the best". I like purple, you like red, and Johnnie likes blue, yet none is the "best".

I would check what new spells and abiilities MoP brings and choose the class that has what is in your eyes the most fun looking. It is not as if you are going to do PvP on that character for more then a month or 2 before MoP comes.

It is matter of personal opinion but it would be nice to see what opinions are out there, and it would be nice to see if anyone else has any theories like mine ;)
Edited by Alexzandra on 25/04/2012 21:31 BST
Reply Quote
85 Blood Elf Death Knight
25/04/2012 12:14Posted by Mirun
I like purple, you like red, and Johnnie likes blue, yet none is the "best".

Actually red is the best.
Reply Quote
90 Undead Hunter
I certainly wouldn't say it's the "best", but tbh I've had most fun PVPing on my hunter (if only for all the many ambushing/CC type things we can do). Also, testing out the PVP capabilities of different pets and their abilities means you can try something new every battle for the most part - it might be a good option for you if you're used to playing a rogue, as the type of equipment you'll be going for (and gemming for) is very similar and there are plenty of "sneaky" options when it comes to playing style.

Of course, there aren't many wrong choices, it just depends how you prefer to play I guess. :)

Also, green. Green is the best.
Edited by Deaddesmond on 26/04/2012 02:59 BST
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Rogue
I certainly wouldn't say it's the "best", but tbh I've had most fun PVPing on my hunter (if only for all the many ambushing/CC type things we can do). Also, testing out the PVP capabilities of different pets and their abilities means you can try something new every battle for the most part - it might be a good option for you if you're used to playing a rogue, as the type of equipment you'll be going for (and gemming for) is very similar and there are plenty of "sneaky" options when it comes to playing style.

Of course, there aren't many wrong choices, it just depends how you prefer to play I guess. :)

Also, green. Green is the best.

I like the sounds of this very much, it would also mean my full rogue heirloom set could be used and all I would need is gun.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]