Paladin Soloing

85 Draenei Paladin
Hi there Paladins of all shapes and sizes.

I have come here searching for some advice on soloing. I have looked on the web but can not find any real guides on the art of Paladin soloing.

What I would like to know is:

1) What spec is recommended for soloing

2) What tactics do you solo Paladins use to make sure your life bar stays healthy

3) What encounters can and cannot be solo'd

4) Anything else you think is important

And if you know of any existing guides that are up to date please point me in the right direction. Much appreciated :)
Reply Quote
85 Blood Elf Mage
I'd say you're best off soloing in a Prot spec. Other than having good gear, make sure that you've got a few potions, and that you use your healing spells on yourself. I know Paladins who have solo'ed almost everything up until the Wrath five-mans, and some Cata content too.
Reply Quote
90 Draenei Paladin
I'm able to solo some of the Cata normal dungeons. But that's because i have decent tank (raid)gear.

I think it's safe to say that all WotLK dungeons are easy to solo, even in hc mode.

Most of the classic and BC raids are possible to do solo, but some bosses are just to hard or unable to solo because of game mechanics. Like the High King Maulgar encounter in Gruul's Lair. You will need a friend with decent dps to kill the adds who cast the fears, polymorphs and heals.

Like the mage said: Go prot. Try to heal yourself as much as possible. Bring potions. And use your cd's wisely.
Reply Quote
85 Human Paladin
I know ret isn't the best spec for soloing but you can get a lot done with it if you spec and glyph for WoG. Good damage and healing makes soloing the easier stuff go fast.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Paladin
Prot Spec is deffinetly the way to go, but it does depend some encounters can be easier if the damage is low and u need alot of dps.

Souldrinker + seal of insight makes dying almost impossible (specially with insigh glyphed) but thats only for emergencies for me.

Kael, Naxx, Most of Ulduar is doable, ive done it myself, Maly, Voa. Pretty much alot of stuff is doable for us, not as much as DK's can do but we can do pretty much alot, I tend to redo my spec abit and go in full Dps gear and my souldrinker + shield, makes most easy but rest is up to you to get the fights down. Better gear u got the easier it becomes of course : )
Reply Quote
85 Blood Elf Paladin
Naxx Plagueworks (10man) is easy to do as Ret if you do it right.

Spider Wing: First boss is a bit tricky. very hard to do as Ret, average to do as Prot. Rest is a snooze as prot.

Construct: Patchwerk is a bit difficult, you will need some Hit and Expertise to beat enrage timer. Grobbulus is a snooze.

Sapphiron + KT - Snoozefests

Icecrown Citadel:

Lord Marrowgar is pretty easy done solo. Seal of Insight during bonestorm, stay out of fire. Quick and easy kill.

Obsidian Sanctum:

All apart from Shadron are killable solo, Shadron requires 2 people. Without killing Shadron, the main boss becomes immune.

Vault of archavon - Archavon and Emalon are doable solo
Reply Quote
90 Human Warlock
Yeah saphiron

Was soloing it in PvP gear as prot paladin

around 30% HP she Enraged and i Raged you know how long it taked ? X.X
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Paladin
Saphiron is one of the eaisest bosses to solo, keep your seal of insight up and run around in a circle beating it, took me 7 min as a ilvl 382 prot pala.

Few weeks ago I made a complete switch to pvp-ret/holy, due to not tanking PvE anymore just healing. And soloing in pvp-ret spec is abit difficult due to no AoE. I can still kill all the bosses I used to be able to kill, it just takes longer killing trash :)

As a paladin we can solo everything that possible by gamemechanics. Its game mechanics and gear that will hold you back. Say first boss in BWL cant be soloed due to mechanics.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Paladin
i dont really find Sapphiron challenging anymore, stand in blizzard and take him down easy just put Resist aura on, dont even use seal of insigh on him, yes i use full dps gear for the fight as well.
Reply Quote
90 Draenei Paladin
Prot Spec is deffinetly the way to go, but it does depend some encounters can be easier if the damage is low and u need alot of dps.

Souldrinker + seal of insight makes dying almost impossible (specially with insigh glyphed) but thats only for emergencies for me.

Kael, Naxx, Most of Ulduar is doable, ive done it myself, Maly, Voa. Pretty much alot of stuff is doable for us, not as much as DK's can do but we can do pretty much alot, I tend to redo my spec abit and go in full Dps gear and my souldrinker + shield, makes most easy but rest is up to you to get the fights down. Better gear u got the easier it becomes of course : )

What do you mean with Kael? Tempest Keep? I'd love to know how to solo that one. =)
Edited by Wazig on 07/05/2012 13:34 BST
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Paladin
[quote]

What do you mean with Kael? Tempest Keep? I'd love to know how to solo that one. =)

its not really 2 bad 2 do, takes abit tact and abit of luck to pull off, u can check out my video http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yJFwq_NNyE4
its my second and abit messy kill awhile ago : ) hope it helps
Reply Quote
90 Human Paladin
As ret spec I can solo, Malygos, Onyxia, KT, TK, BT (Enquiry is a !@#$%), OS, I havent tried sunwell yet but I dont think you can pass first boss due to portal and probably despawn like one of drakes in OS >.>
Reply Quote
85 Human Paladin
Vanilla

MC: Joke
BWL: Can't do Razorgore, rest is easy enough, though Ebonroc is annoying as hell with his healing.
AQ20: Joke
AQ40: Skeram, Sartura, Fankriss and Huhuran are doable, havent tried Bug Trio. Do not go near Twin Emps or Viscidus on your own. Though I heard Twin Emps could be done as ret?

TBC

Kara: Joke
Maggy: Joke
Gruul's Lair: Gruul isn't hard at all, Maulgar is a little challenging... Make sure you zerg down the priest with pvp trinket and bubble to break CC if needed...
TK: Full clear
SSC: I've done all but Vashj (raped me in P3 with 99 stacks) and Fathom-Lord
MH: Joke
BT: Supremus, Akama, Gorefiend and Shahraz are easy, haven't been able to try out Illidan yet.

WotLK

Sartharion: Joke, but you need help for the trash
Naxx10: Patchwerk, Grobbulus, Noth, Heigan, Loatheb, Anub, Faerlina, Maexxna, Sapphiron, Kel'Thuzad. Still need to take a crack at Razuvious and his wing.
VoA: Earth, Fire and Air bosses
Ulduar10: Flame Leviathan, Ignis, XT002, Kologarn, Auriaya, Hodir, Freya, Mimiron, Vezax.
Onyxia10
ICC10: Marrowgar, Lady Deathwhisper, Rotface, Sindragosa, The Lich King

And some of the lvl 85 heroics as well.

PS: http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/forum/topic/3061871817
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]