Transmogrify Tabards!

90 Undead Mage
Title says it all.

I dont see the reason why I cant transmogrify my tabard when I can transmogrify whole weapons lol.
Reply Quote
90 Gnome Mage
A tabard is meant to be for aesthetics anyway.
Reply Quote
90 Human Paladin
Why not just equip the tabard? Tabards doesn't really give extra perks or stats, well except for the guild tabards and city tabards, but why should you get rep with them when you're not representing them?
Reply Quote
90 Human Death Knight
Yes, but the entire point of a tabard is saying "sup bro, I'm here on behalf of ___________".
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Shaman
MoX
That kinda defeats the point of a tabard.

''I want reputation with Therazane, but I don't want to wear their tabard''.

Just an example.

The point is some people like how their character looks, and gaining rep with x factions forces you to wear different tabards you might not like (if you choose to gain rep via dungeons).
Reply Quote
74 Draenei Hunter
06/05/2012 17:56Posted by Sealofcomman
Equipt tabard when entering dungeon, unequipt it, once you are done.

This, it's counter intuitive to change the appearance of a token item.
Reply Quote
Community
06/05/2012 17:54Posted by Kenjai
The point is some people like how their character looks, and gaining rep with x factions forces you to wear different tabards you might not like (if you choose to gain rep via dungeons).

Just as an update, we're going to change the whole tabard system with MoP, so this shouldn't be an issue any longer.
We're fixing this in Mists of Pandaria by removing the whole concept of tabards providing reputation bonuses.

Of course we're still in beta and things can always change, but if you're curious about it, those smart folks at wowhead already got a glimpse of it and they are sharing it with you here.
Reply Quote
85 Human Rogue
Are we going to get a better storage system instead of having to delete and buy back? Piling more tabards up in the bank sucks :(
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Druid
06/05/2012 16:32Posted by Doomsinger
Yes, but the entire point of a tabard is saying "sup bro, I'm here on behalf of ___________".

I like the new system where you earn the right to represent a certain faction.
Reply Quote
90 Gnome Rogue
02/08/2012 17:06Posted by Basi
I like the new system where you earn the right to represent a certain faction.

I definitely agree. Especially now that we have transmogrification, having to wear a tabard for just to gain reputation and same time hiding big part of your transmogged gear is quite annoying. I would've been fine with just simple tabard hiding option, since I think gameplay and fun comes first and logic then. This game bends logics anyway :). But I like this solution even more.
Reply Quote
Title says it all.

I dont see the reason why I cant transmogrify my tabard when I can transmogrify whole weapons lol.

There is a big logical reason.

Wearing the Forsaken tabard for example, gives you reputation because you are fighting for them, representing them. It's a flag, your enemies see who you represent while you kick their back.
If your actions took honor under an other flag/icon, why should the forsaken reward you?

I strongly disagree with the OP, it's an awful idea.
Edited by Rhey on 02/08/2012 17:20 BST
Reply Quote
100 Goblin Shaman
Murloc necromancer! D:

I'm liking this change! I hate wearing tabards that clash with my gear and since shamans often wear kilts. Yay. :D
Reply Quote
95 Tauren Druid
I would love to have a tabard system similiar to the title ones.
Having 57 tabards myself totally takes up a lot of space.
Even though I could sell the half to the vendor and rebuy them at any time, I simply feel uncomfortable in doing that
Reply Quote
27 Undead Rogue
So how am we Suppose to Get Reputation in Other factions, if the Tabards doesn´t Give Rep???????..........................
Reply Quote
85 Tauren Warrior
02/08/2012 18:52Posted by Zylya
So how am we Suppose to Get Reputation in Other factions, if the Tabards doesn´t Give Rep???????..........................

Ill give you a hint.

Vanilla and TBC
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Shaman
So... how does this effect the cata tabards or is this change only going to change the ones in MoP, Cata tabards stay the same as on live?
Reply Quote
85 Worgen Mage
Ill give you a hint.

Vanilla and TBC

You mean you'll give him a grind.
Reply Quote
90 Human Warlock
02/08/2012 19:52Posted by Ujellybrah
So... how does this effect the cata tabards or is this change only going to change the ones in MoP, Cata tabards stay the same as on live?

I assume the existing ones stay the way they currently are. Imagine farming Ramkahen rep without it. -.-
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]