Time-Lost Protodrake or Aeonaxx?

90 Orc Hunter
Hello guys,

do anybody know which one of these 2 that takes the most time to farm, Time-Lost Protodrake or Aeonaxx?
Reply Quote
90 Orc Warlock
Aeonaxx probably since so many trying to get it and the fact you can farm mobs all around at same time have "_NPCscan" for it and in a close area, not as big as Storm Peak is.
I've tried several months now sporadic be there in the morning very early and i've seen all other rares probably 5+ times by now but never Aeonaxx or Bloodseeker which they say will spawn 6 hours before Aeonaxx will... still trying :)
Reply Quote
85 Tauren Hunter
I think Aeonaxx is harder to get; because lots of people are in Deepholm for many reasons while the Storm Peaks is now pretty much abandoned. You see some guy leveling or some hunter camping Skoll from time to time, but that's it.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Paladin
Busy camping Aeonaxx right now, day 2 already and about 17 hours total camping time and no spawn or sighting to thus far.
Reply Quote
21 Human Paladin
Heh i got both on my main within 2days.

1st Day : Aeonaxx - NPCScan Alerted on alt ,Switched to main quickly ,and collected him.
2nd Day (day after) : Was bored in Dala ,and after i got Aeonaxx ,it come to my mind : hmm let's go around Storm Peaks a little ,and Bam there he was : Time-Lost Proto.

Never camped those ,but yea it took 2years before i finally spotted them & got 1st to kill...
Reply Quote
70 Human Mage
Ive found Aeonaxx myself but i have yet to find TLPD dead or alive.
Reply Quote
85 Blood Elf Paladin
Never found the time lost unfortunately, It is called time lost for a reason :)

Dont really like Aeonaxx tbh.
Reply Quote
TLPD - took me around 120h of camping Frozen Lake.
I also tried to get it for my husband - I got it 3 hours after I decided to camp it...

Aeonaxx - few hours camping, maybe 8 in total.
Edited by Gayía on 14/05/2012 06:50 BST
Reply Quote
90 Undead Death Knight
I would go for Aeonaxx as his Flight Path is confined to a much smaller area hence you are far more likely to "accidentally bump in to him" whereas the Time Lost Proto-Drake has a massive Flight Path hence someone can always be far closer to him than you.
With Aeonaxx it would be more about reaction time and beating the other player to the chase.
Aeonaxx is less likely to spawn though.
Reply Quote
90 Goblin Shaman
ANG
Draugarth, are you sure about that? TLPD is afterall a rare spawn of a rare spawn sharing it's place with another rare that's far more likely to spawn then it.
Reply Quote
90 Undead Death Knight
14/05/2012 08:50Posted by Erìs
Draugarth, are you sure about that? TLPD is afterall a rare spawn of a rare spawn sharing it's place with another rare that's far more likely to spawn then it.

And Aeonaxx shares a Spawn Timer with a Level 15 Rare Bat that is only at its location for 2 to 3 seconds before disappearing. It has a 90% chance to spawn over Aeonaxx.
Reply Quote
100 Worgen Warrior
I got 5 Aeonaxx mounts...I stopped farming him when I started suffering from lack of sanity, sleep and hair. I think Aeonaxx is more difficult because he doesn't fly around the temple.
He flies in a tight circle on the spawn point (there are 6 spawn points).

Timless will eventually fly past where u camping. Last time I farmed Aeonaxx, it looked like a bloody airport. About 4 people per spawn point -.-
Reply Quote
100 Night Elf Druid
My first week of camping is over, and I've gone crazy. No Aeonaxx (that I got), no Blood Seeker, nothing..

I'm gonna keep at it. I logged out for a bit within that week, so I'd be real annoyed if some random player got to it before me.

On Tuesday morning some level 82 troll beat me to it, and died. :L GAAH!
Reply Quote
90 Orc Death Knight
Timelost is rarer
Reply Quote
72 Goblin Warrior
Why not get both, now we are at it?
Reply Quote
87 Tauren Paladin
Found TLPD after months of farming. Flutter of excitement when my NPC_scan went off. I threw down my book, moved to the computer and begun searching the screen for him. I inched my way towards him, trying to get into range so I could tag him, fall to the ground and proceed to fight him, safe in the knowledge I had the kill and the mount.

Leveling Warlock tags him just before I do. He has no knowledge of the importance of this mob and neither does he even have the flying skill to make use of the item it drops.

Pretty sure I cried for 2-3 days after and have yet to return to Storm Peaks.
Reply Quote
100 Night Elf Druid
Found TLPD after months of farming. Flutter of excitement when my NPC_scan went off. I threw down my book, moved to the computer and begun searching the screen for him. I inched my way towards him, trying to get into range so I could tag him, fall to the ground and proceed to fight him, safe in the knowledge I had the kill and the mount.

Leveling Warlock tags him just before I do. He has no knowledge of the importance of this mob and neither does he even have the flying skill to make use of the item it drops.

Pretty sure I cried for 2-3 days after and have yet to return to Storm Peaks.

Wish I was as lucky as you! Aeonaxx will, honestly, be the death of me.
Reply Quote
90 Orc Shaman
Just wanting to add my experience of farming both. Depending on how much time you plan to invest per day and how much dedication to plan to put in, when i farmed the TLPD it was just after cata release, now although there weren't as many farmers as before there was still competition so i decided the best way for me to get this mount personally would be to become nocturnal i discovered that between 2am-8am on my server barely anyone was on, occasionally i would see people in the area but they went after 10-20minutes i had no competition for either mounts and aoenaxx actually spawned quicker than TLPD for me but i think it was luck. Either one is going to take a good amount of your time, which ever one you choose make sure you are prepared to wait it out. good luck! :)
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]