Topic LUA Errors causing Addon problems
Edited by Chrisator on 25/05/12 05:38 (BST)
Hello, I've been having problems with some of my addons since yesterday. The issue came out of nowhere, and I've made no changes to my addons, or to their settings in anyway.
The main Errors come from TellMeWhen, RaidBoss and most importantly EPGPLootMaster, which is the only addon that doesn't actually work between the three.
These are my errors
I'd highly appreciate any form of help
Edit: I have disabled all my addons except EPGPLootMaster, and still had problems. I've also tried getting rid of all my saved variables, no change. Finally, I've also re-installed the Addon, same story.
Edited by Elunedra on 25/05/12 08:37 (BST)
Message: epgp_lootmaster-0.6.18\lootmaster_player.lua:8: attempt to index global "LootMaster" (a nil value)
means its trying to load a variable LootMaster which doesnt exist
Message: epgp_lootmaster_ml-0.6.18\lootmaster_ml.lua:8: Usage: GetAddon(name): "name" - Cannot find an AceAddon "EPGPLootMaster".
means its trying to laod the addon EPGPLootMaster
if you only run the EPGP addon and no other addons and you have reinstalled it and remvoed the saved variables then the version of EPGp you downlaoded is broken ^^
remember if you delete saved variables you must have wow closed alse they will be written back as wow closes
sorry i cant be of much help, truth is idont know those addons
but it seems it trying to load this addon that you mgiht not have:
Edited by Chrisator on 25/05/12 10:59 (BST)
As I explained, I have been using the addon for a very long time, so there's no issue with the addon itself, the version is fine because everyone in my guild has it, and I haven't updated or change it in anyway either, so its clearly not an issue with the addon. The fact that 3 other addons are having similar problems also clarifies that fact.
I've tried a game repair, it came back with no errors...so realy don't know what the problem could be...
Edit: I found the solution to the problem. I just basically removed my Interface folder and reinstalled thee broken addons and the problem was solved. Guessing the addon folder was corrupted somehow.
its a lua error about things it cannot find.
all addons are leaded together so 1 addon can break an other addon
even if you didnt update any addons thne still chances to your charecter can get addons to reach different parts of thier code, ike if you recently where promoted or demoted