Gear in PvP

61 Night Elf Rogue
16/06/2012 11:21Posted by Zakkar
How about "yeah man, he probably would have outplayed me if he had better gear, but he didn't, so I managed to survive and kill him, the efforts I put into getting the right combination of gear, gems, enchants, talents and profession perks paid off"? What's wrong with that?

Nothing is wrong with that, in fact, that is what the whole low lvl bgs are for. People are constantly being outgeared, outgemmed, outenchanted. Why should that be the case at 85?
Reply Quote
85 Orc Death Knight
17/06/2012 12:08Posted by Zakkar
Gear must be part of your chances at winning

they only do that so people have something to grind for and play the game for a longer period of time. it doesn't have to be that way at all, nor really should it if you want competitive pvp.
Reply Quote
85 Blood Elf Paladin
So true, getting the pvpgear is the reason I quitted playing WoW, because of the boring grind. I just bought it again yesterday, but it was not worth it, because all of my characters is undergeared, and therefor Im getting oneshotted by rogues, mages etc.. Therefor I stoped playing again.

This character always was undergeared btw, but my 2 other characters was good geared when I stoped playing. ;)
Edited by Slazon on 17/06/2012 12:55 BST
Reply Quote
85 Human Warlock
I disagree with you, OP, sorry.

Taking a characteristic paragraph:

The game has moved on from Vanilla WoW, gear is no longer exciting enough to attract people to play PvP and it should never be a deciding factor in PvP at all. If I'm a vastly better player than someone, but I'm in Ruthless gear, I shouldn't be losing to someone worse than me because I'm playing an alt which has only been 85 for a few days. My ability to play my class, my teams ability to play our comp, should be the only factor in deciding whether we win or lose.

Gear *is* exciting enough to attract me, and, I believe, many others, to play PVP. Sure enough, gear is not the only reason I queue, but I do like getting gear, and becoming more powerful, a lot. Becoming more powerful is a huge reason I am playing this game.

I disagree that you shouldn't be losing to a player who is less skilled than you, but has better gear. I think this should depend on just how much more skilled you are and just how much more gear he has.

So, there... Leave the gear alone.

I must disagree with you mate sadly.
It's crazy you have honor gear level bgs. But you have to have full conquest to be on equal footing. Last few days me with my 127k rogue has had to fight 205k dks. Get critted for 92k by a mage. It's not funny.
Conquest gear should be for RBGs and arena only.. Now some people say "all gear is pvp gear" and you would be right IF EVERYONE could attain this by doing honor bgs. Sure make it take longer per piece by not doing arena, but make it attainable in that way. Right now, I would have to win A LOT of bgs (at 50 pts a time) or somehow overcome the massive gear defeceit in arena-which ain't likely.
The people who defend that mostly have all that gear and want to be able to rofl lesser geared players, because they did their intial grinding back when everyone was on even footing. They feel entitled to have that edge.
Then we move onto class design, dps toons with tank level survivability and monster burst? Toons who can chain cc you to death? Healers once geared who are the right arm of god? Oh noes we don't want tanks in pvp do we? EWWWW-nerf the crap out of them for pvp (and questing).
Blizzard needs to get a handle on precisely what they are doing.
Edited by Ruwth on 17/06/2012 13:00 BST
Reply Quote
90 Tauren Paladin
17/06/2012 12:54Posted by Drhook
they only do that so people have something to grind for and play the game for a longer period of time. it doesn't have to be that way at all, nor really should it if you want competitive pvp.

it shouldnt cause your gear sucks? lol dude you wanna disadvantage other players for putting time in a certain aspect of the game simply cause you dont like it.. ?? trololol
Reply Quote
85 Orc Death Knight
17/06/2012 13:06Posted by Jabberella
reading

You dont have to fill in anything idiot the way i talk is the way i talk how you read it or what you thin about it i dont care go be grammar !@#$ somewhere else not everyone is as good as you in english..... stupid troll gtfo

still missing the reading part there mr angry!

if you would've read the whole post properly you would've seen that it said that you could still gain points for doing arena that you could use to buy gear to be used out of arena, for things like bgs/world pvp. so there would still be plently of reasons to do it.

judging by your posts though, your guild name is well suited to you.
Reply Quote
85 Orc Death Knight
still missing the reading part there mr angry!

if you would've read the whole post properly you would've seen that it said that you could still gain points for doing arena that you could use to buy gear to be used out of arena, for things like bgs/world pvp. so there would still be plently of reasons to do it.

judging by your posts though, your guild name is well suited to you.

dude if you would stop and read a thing or two you would have known that this dumb idea is just like the arena pass every year,, that you are a bg hero doesnt mean ppl are that to,, i want a advantage on other players cause yes i tend to spend more time into it so arnt i entitld for it? who the !@#$ cares about doing bgs/world pvp i mean can you get rating with that ? no you cant so whats the use?? seriously are you that stupid dk to see the own contradiction in that ? its an arguement that gearing is lame and ppl dont actually wanna do bgs and now you come and say well you can use it in bgs?! trololol are u that stupid ?? seriously try to learn abit more about the game itself than farming something that is pretty much useless cause i assure u nobody is gonna like that.... mayby u cause now u have equal gear as ppl who do have skill instead of trying to diss someone over there guild name lolol u fail little dk go do something usefull gear for example cause it sucks..

careful peeps, full cata hardman on the rampage!

must be toppin' them ladders in that gear bro.i can't even do hero mode in bgs man, i have too much to learn.

i didn't insult your guild name , i just said it suits you because y'know your post are really not well thought out. don't get mad though you might snap another horn.

the argument is not that gearing is lame, infact it still keeps gearing. you will just get the same level as gear when you are playing for ratings so that level of gear you have no longer restricts you.

I play PvP for both, fun and competition however if I take time off from the game or start a new character, than my ability to both be competitive and to have fun is severely limited.

This is made even worse by the conquest point system, which limits your ability to gear up.

The game has moved on from Vanilla WoW, gear is no longer exciting enough to attract people to play PvP and it should never be a deciding factor in PvP at all. If I'm a vastly better player than someone, but I'm in Ruthless gear, I shouldn't be losing to someone worse than me because I'm playing an alt which has only been 85 for a few days. My ability to play my class, my teams ability to play our comp, should be the only factor in deciding whether we win or lose.

keep reading that until you truly understand it.
Reply Quote
Those who are defending the current gear grind do not seem to understand what is causing inactivity in PvP. This game has differing classes with their own playstyles, but you may never know how one class works if you can't keep yourself decked out all the time.

One problem is that PvE gear awards the player with something "fun" or "different": Thing is, a set bonus or a trinket can cause a mess in PvP, but it has been made sure that PvP gear sets you down from progressraiding.

There is no real reason to let gear make or break something in a competition of actions and counteractions, especially when the next action is not announced by an addon.

+1 for Rasen
Reply Quote
90 Tauren Paladin
17/06/2012 13:32Posted by Speedy
There is no real reason to let gear make or break something in a competition of actions and counteractions

If that player with better gear has been playing double my time than its not more thatn fair he has a advantage over me,,, isnt that reasonable,, how about we generalize the PvE gear how about that? so everyone can start raiding and pvping the second they ding 85 YEEEY... dont u hear how ridicilous it sounds?
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Priest
17/06/2012 13:37Posted by Jabberella
There is no real reason to let gear make or break something in a competition of actions and counteractions

If that player with better gear has been playing double my time than its not more thatn fair he has a advantage over me,,, isnt that reasonable,, how about we generalize the PvE gear how about that? so everyone can start raiding and pvping the second they ding 85 YEEEY... dont u hear how ridicilous it sounds?

actually, pve with preset gear is being implemented in MoP.
Reply Quote
19 Blood Elf Hunter
16/06/2012 04:23Posted by Rasen
Druid plays Resto in one season, he/she enjoys playing the spec. The next season comes around and Druids got a nerf, the spec isn't as good any more. They aren't having fun any more. He/she wants to try Boomkin? Now he/she has to go to Battlegrounds to farm a whole new set (of last seasons gear) for Boomkin, before he/she can play Boomkin in Arena to start gearing for current season gear.

<3 perfectly put m8
Reply Quote
85 Troll Shaman
If there are going to be challenge dungeons with everyone having equal gear, why can't there be battlegrounds with the same rules?
Reply Quote
MVP
100 Gnome Priest
Some people need to watch what they say on the forums, else they don't get to say more.

Forum Guidelines - Please Read
http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/forum/topic/816711831

Forums Code of Conduct
http://eu.battle.net/en/community/conduct
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]