Will there be a Pacifist Achievement anytime soon?

74 Night Elf Druid
It is getting popular reaching maximum level without killing Anything.

This deserves my greatest respect. And not only mine! If you follow several other threads where those pacifists posted about their experiences, they get handshakes and hugs left and right. Well deserved!

Shouldn't there be a Pacifist Achievement or some symbol of compliment soon?

Blizzard, you simply have to :) In the name of variety given to players.
Reply Quote
90 Human Paladin
How does one gain experience without killing anything?
Reply Quote
90 Tauren Druid
Through mining and herb. Not sure if skinning reward experience.
Edited by Chaitoo on 20/06/2012 15:13 BST
Reply Quote
85 Orc Hunter
Im against and think blizzard too.
Because add achievement to the game which u cant earn by allready exiting char its stupid.

Dont get me wrong , i respect u for doing it, but u must agree then Pacifist lvling its not that hard since herbs and mines get u experience.
Ironman challange is something Hardcore but still it not deserve achievment because u cant earn it by already existing char.
Reply Quote
74 Night Elf Druid
Im against and think blizzard too.
Because add achievement to the game which u cant earn by allready exiting char its stupid.

Dont get me wrong , i respect u for doing it, but u must agree then Pacifist lvling its not that hard since herbs and mines get u experience.
Ironman challange is something Hardcore but still it not deserve achievment because u cant earn it by already existing char.

It is not hard? With all respect, every person I came across who did this type of character developing had countless struggles, especially in low-level.

Just the "easiest" examples: Start a new toon for yourself and get into an area of lvl 6-8ish mobs and pick herbs. I dont have to tell you that it's a huge time investment and training in patience to wait in a game for a mob to pass by, just to pick a flower. And not doing this once, doing this until you get your hands on some defensive abilities.

For the record: Doing one level only with a gathering-professions takes around 40-50pickups. The rewarded xp is based on % of your max. Xp for the current level. I do not know if this changes lateron.

And this is not all, because you can spice up the challenge to acquire max. level by not getting killed once! Or how about doing this on a Full-Load PvP-Server?

And for the serious example of how tough this can get: Do one single level, just one, by only picking herbs and you will immediatelly feel how mind-numbing this can get. And to overcome this state and see it however you want to see it... as disciplin-training, as a meditative-training to repeat basicly the same steps over and over again.

Do it! And then come back and share your experience, I am eager to hear your thoughts IF you do :)
Edited by Lhabris on 19/06/2012 14:53 BST
Reply Quote
74 Night Elf Druid
Oh and yeah, Blizzard should naturally give the Acm for everybody who has done it before. Not speaking just of myself, speaking for everybody whos has done it before. It would just be fair.

The process can be easily tracked in the statistics of course.

My toon is just level almost level 5 after hours and it's really challenging and fun.

PS: You can also do this without any quests or with quests that do not require killing, etc etc.
Edited by Lhabris on 19/06/2012 14:58 BST
Reply Quote
It could quite easily be introduced along with the account wide achievements, that way it abolishes the issue with current characters being unable to achieve it.
Reply Quote
85 Troll Mage
Just get a SoR (Scroll of Resurrection) and you are already at 80... How hard can it be then..
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Paladin
Sounds like the most boring tedious thing ever.. even beating pirate farming for the insane.
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Druid
19/06/2012 16:41Posted by Mathiil
Just get a SoR (Scroll of Resurrection) and you are already at 80... How hard can it be then..

This. Then do it as a druid so you can herb in flying form and you will get to 85 without any problems
Reply Quote
85 Orc Hunter
19/06/2012 16:41Posted by Mathiil

this and herbs+mining.
Its not that hard
Reply Quote
85 Human Mage
Or get boosted in instances by 85's.., without doing anything yourself..
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]