Druids in MOP?

1. Are resto druids good in MOP?
2. Is feral same as it is now, does it have any special buffs?
3. Tanking, how does it differ from before?
Reply Quote
90 Troll Druid
1. Are resto druids good in MOP?
2. Is feral same as it is now, does it have any special buffs?
3. Tanking, how does it differ from before?

To (finally) answer your questions,

1. Yes, in my opinion they are staying "strong" as ever. Altough this depens on your preffered playstyle.

2. As far as I know there are no new buffs for the Feral dps spec. See link below for more info on the Feral dps spec in MoP.

3. There are serveral changes, including a whole different, independent spec for Feral Tanking. To read more about the changes you can visit http://eaoexcursions.wordpress.com/2011/11/14/druid-changes-in-mists-of-pandaria/.
Reply Quote
85 Night Elf Druid
1: resto should be stronger than it is now, since it is in a pretty bad spot atm.
2: ferals can once again powershift but they lose a bit of survivability
3: a whole new tankspec called guardian.
Reply Quote
90 Tauren Druid
29/06/2012 19:53Posted by Liutasîl

they can? because the disentanglement talent is gone in favor of nature's vigil (which is hugely OP so no complaints).

3. all the tank specs are getting an overhaul and will require the player to use active mitigation all the time, kind of like keeping a buff up.
Reply Quote
90 Tauren Druid

they can? because the disentanglement talent is gone in favor of nature's vigil (which is hugely OP so no complaints).

The talent is gone and made passive to all druid specs. Without the heal of course.

Resto is looking better, lifebloom lasts 15s and harmony now 20s so there is a lot less management involved and harmony should be able to be kept up by swiftmend only (last I checked it was still 15s CD). This means we can cast other spells more readily.

That said the mushrooms are still looking awkward. We can now place 5 mushrooms for a 8yrd radius. Which is more shrooms and less radius. This means we have to use more Globals but overall we should have a greater healing radius. It is not a bad plan, we certainly are not meant to use it every CD, but to clarify that the CD could be increased to about 20s up from 10. As a plant and use when everyone is stacked up a phase I think it will work a treat, but in spread out fights it is not worth it and we can use the better tools we have. I feel that beginner resto druids might fall into a trap however which is not desirable.

Bear rotation could be more interesting... as it stands we can use a cast sequence macro and only worry about active mitigation. This would be nice but active mitigation doesn't make a great difference until you reach hard progression (hard modes/new bosses you might undergear). In dungeons/lfr there is not enough death threat that you need to be to concerned. This is because bad tanks still need to be able to tank and not wipe a group for being bad, they won't progress in raids very far but in dungeons etc active mitigation feels weak.

Feral looks like it's going towards a Wotlk style "rotation" which thanks to glyph of savage roar will be easier to play.

Moonking is being changed. It's hard to tell how the change will make the class feel at finishing. So far starsurge does 30% more damage and shooting stars has a 50% proc chance from moonfire. In a multidot situation I think it might just be GG time. The wrath > starfire > wrath while dots are maintained seems to be the core single target rotation with more starsurges!
Edited by Lefrena on 30/06/2012 13:34 BST
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]