Boomkins..

90 Night Elf Druid
So let's get started. I started boomkin a week ago and my dps isn't exactly anything to brag about. I've read some guides, checked up other druids, gotten help from other druids yet I don't seem to do an decent amount of dps. On a dummy I can probably stay at 20k steady 20 seconds into the fight, which probably isn't any good at all. Thanks in advice :)
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Druid
Well moonkins single target damage is far from great at the momemt. You will be among to lowest if it´s just 1 target to hit.
How ever some issues with your gear I see,you played healer before ? Firstly you have choosen the wrong meta and you have choosen the wrong legs.
Apart from that without seeing you play/more info about your rotation and stuff it´s hard to say what or how to improve.
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Druid
Yeah, I had some healing gear in my bag so I just threw it on.. and thanks, didn't notice that meta.
Reply Quote
For trinkets its:
Will of Unbinding > Insignia of the Corrupted Mind > Bottled Wishes > Cunning of the Cruel

Other than that you seem fine.
Rotation on single target summat like this:
When starting at FULL neutral (arrows on eclipse bar point both ways)
To go to solar eclipse
IS -> MF -> starfire til eclipse -> wrath -> starsurge
To go to lunar eclipse
IS -> MF -> wrath x2 -> starsurge -> wrath til eclipse
Once you've reached your first eclipse, follow the rules for DoT refreshes and CD usage as outlined above.

Other than that your not maxed on gear yet so just keep farming and you'll get there.
20k Dps is quite normal for your gear on single target.
Also you tried a dummy -> no raid buffs etc -> don't base your dps on that.
Use WoL and do a raid, give us the link and we could check what you can improve.
Reply Quote
90 Troll Druid
For trinkets its:
Will of Unbinding > Insignia of the Corrupted Mind > Bottled Wishes > Cunning of the Cruel

There's absolutely no chance bottled wishes would beat CotC unless you're on spine where you do not want to nuke corruptions/bloods if you're not asked to do so. On multitarget fights CotC beats even insignia by a large margin. The only reason to not take is when your shadowpriests and locks do not have it yet.
Reply Quote
90 Worgen Druid
I started boomkin a week ago and my dps isn't exactly anything to brag about.

You just answered your own question
Reply Quote
60 Gnome Mage
For trinkets its:

More Like:

1:[HC] WoU
2:[HC] IoCM ( single target )
3:[HC] LIghtning Capacitor ( Single Target )
4:[HC] CotC ( Obv. Higher on multi-target, in close proximity to eachother )

Capacitor sims slightly higher for single target than CotC ( 300 dps or so ).

Same general rule applies to the normal mode versions.

Bottled wishes should only be used if you're having issues with the tendons during HC spine.

If I'm mistaken, please do correct me!
Edited by Minimizer on 21/06/2012 23:45 BST
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]