Why does Blizzard choose to ignore the biggest issue.

(Locked)

85 Undead Death Knight
Yes this is another one of those threads, but I'm afraid they are going to keep having to be made until Blizzard acts.

Dead servers Blizzard! What the hell is your problem. Many users who pay the monthly sub fee are stranded on these dead realms that were once bustling realms topped to the brim of eager players, yet now Blizzard have allowed these servers to go increasingly down the drain ruining the experience and alienating a large portion of their subscriber base.

Despite the introduction of Cross-Realm zones in MoP this will do little to solve the problem bar the first few days as everyone rushes to max level, in the long term these Cross-Realm zones will do little to combat the issue of dead servers.

The other big issue behind dead servers is paid character transfers, often these are simply way too costly for the average players to simply take all of their characters to a new realm, I know personally it would cost me in excess of £100 if I were to move all my characters to a high population realm, the paid character transfer is all well and good as a luxury item however the realm transfer feature can and should no longer be used as a means of escaping dead servers.

Why does Blizzard simply identify a few target realms and allow free character migration off of dead realms to these target realms in a way that will also balance out the Alliance:Horde ratio. Because from my point of view it is simply unfair that so many paying customers receive second rate treatment than that of players on high population servers.

INB4:
QQ
Reroll
85 Orc Shaman
Or you could use the already existing thread with increased postcap:

http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/forum/topic/2986509135
85 Undead Death Knight
Yes because that thread has done so much to solve the issue, the more threads made the more it takes up the forums the more Blizzard have to respond, like it or lump it there are little options left.
- World of Warcraft
90 Gnome Mage
21/06/2012 00:59Posted by Imanol
Yes because that thread has done so much to solve the issue, the more threads made the more it takes up the forums the more Blizzard have to respond, like it or lump it there are little options left.

Actually no it doesn't help, this thread could very easily get locked because of the main thread that Mikhail posted. Also, Blizzard has responded many times. Maybe they aren't the responses you want but they have responded. I do however agree that something must be done but... it would have been better to put it on the other thread.
90 Human Paladin
21/06/2012 01:24Posted by Eolien

Actually no it doesn't help, this thread could very easily get locked because of the main thread that Mikhail posted. Also, Blizzard has responded many times. Maybe they aren't the responses you want but they have responded. I do however agree that something must be done but... it would have been better to put it on the other thread.

Blizzard (via Blues) have responded TWICE IN 2500 posts. Hardly many times.

Post away Mikhail, you're question is valid, you're within your rights.
90 Human Paladin
Or you could use the already existing thread with increased postcap:

http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/forum/topic/2986509135

Another thing, why would people jump on these threads straight away asking ppl to file them away in the endlist list of hopelessness that is the currently 126 page thread that is, for all intents and purposes, being ignored?

How does it benefit the community to try and contain the problem?

Are ppl are fishing for MVP status or something?

I don't see the benefit to anyone of taking the time to post something like Mikhail's, especially when the OP has clearly stated he knows this will get locked. He wants to make a separate thread to continue to raise awareness, and does not need your suggestion as everyone knows the MASSIVE thread on low pop realms exists. Refrain from doing so in the future please.
90 Blood Elf Rogue
looking @ recent events in Asia, EU/US servers might (and i stress might) be next on the list for mergers
90 Human Paladin
Several thousand players really hope so Ladysylvanas!
90 Worgen Warrior
Or they could just keep your money as you pay to play the game and also wait for you to use paid transfer. Wich earns them more money instead of extra work for something they do not get paid extra.

I do feel sorry for you though. that the servers you people are on gone a bit extinct.
But seeing Blizzard (activision) is an American company, wich in my eyes seem more money then customer focused (may be a bit harsh). I do not think they wil do it sooner or quicker if there are more forum topics about it. I gues in the end who pay for the service of joining multiple servers are the people who don't play the game it self. only earn money out of it.

And they earn more if you pay for your transfer instead of getting a whole server transfer for free.
90 Blood Elf Mage
Am I the only one who thinks that Blizz are just holding onto these quiet servers until MoP comes out, and then seeing what happens, What is the point of closing servers down only to find the need to reopen them 'IF' MoP is very succesful?
MVP - World of Warcraft
90 Worgen Death Knight
21/06/2012 07:54Posted by Whitebeardo
Are ppl are fishing for MVP status or something?

Maybe, maybe not.. it's not really something you fish for. Either way, he's still correct. Feedback should be posted in that thread because it's the "main" thread about this matter so to speak, it's easier for the Community Managers to read one big thread rather than five thousand threads spread across the forums.

Blizzard (via Blues) have responded TWICE IN 2500 posts. Hardly many times.

Post away Mikhail, you're question is valid, you're within your rights.

Say what? =/

http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/forum/topic/2986509135?page=7#124

Also bump. Bliz, any reply would be really appreciated...

I'm afraid we have no new information to add to threads on this topic, but as we have said before in previous related discussions, we want you guys to know that we are aware of the situation and that we are looking into ways that we may be able to help in the future.

We acknowledge that this is quite an important topic that many of you feel strongly about, but please don't interpret the lack of blue posts as a sign that we are ignoring it. We are constantly reading your feedback and your concerns, and we will let you know as soon as we have new information to share with you on this topic.

http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/forum/topic/2986509135?page=7#133
17/11/2011 16:09Posted by Vaneras
I hope that you can maybe use the ideas that have been opted in this thread to shed some new light on the server problems. I think quite alot of good ideas came past that can surely be used.

We have indeed seen plenty of good posts and ideas coming from the community, and we would most certainly like to say thank you to everyone who have posted their thoughts and feedback :-)

Unfortunately there is no such thing as a quick and simple fix to this, and it will most certainly take a lot more than merely flicking a few switches, swapping some cables, and changing the hamster wheels. We are currently not in a situation where we are ready to provide specific details though, but rest assured that we are taking this topic quite seriously.

http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/forum/topic/2986509135?page=49#974
16/02/2012 16:45Posted by Vaneras
Please refrain from trying to make your posts seem more valuable than others by attempting to put down others. It doesnt add anything to the discussion other than to engender and create an atmosphere.

Quoted for emphasis!

The discussion has become rather heated, which of course is understandable since this is a topic that is very important to quite a few people. I know that it is easy to get carried away when you are discussing a topic that you feel very strongly about, but please try to voice your opinions and provide your feedback in a calm and constructive manner.

Now, to get back on topic. I'm afraid there is little new information that we can share with you at this moment in time, but I feel it important to repeat what was posted by my colleague Zarhym over on the US forums to make sure that everyone here on the EU forums get a chance to read it as well:

Yesterday we discussed low-population and faction-imbalanced realms with our developers. They have some pretty bold and spectacular plans for addressing this in anticipation of implementing some of the features we plan to in Mists. I just don't have a lot of information to share with you at this stage of programming and development.

I realize that this is not what some of you want to hear, that you want something a little more immediate and tangible, but unfortunately there is not much I can say right now to address that. Hopefully you are aware that we are not just ignoring the issue, and that it is a matter that we take quite seriously.

http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/forum/topic/2986509135?page=50#981
16/02/2012 18:54Posted by Vaneras
Vaneras, can you answer some questions that might help us to understand why this seems to be such a difficult issue for Blizzard to address?

We do provide information when we are able to do so, but there will always be questions that have no clear answers. I know this more than most, and I can agree that it is both frustrating as well as unfortunate when you can't get an answer that you really want or need.

We have already mentioned in previous posts that there is no easy and simple solution to this issue, and this is no lie, neither is it an attempt to ignore the issue... even though that many of the suggestions provided by people in this thread sound simple enough and straightforward, I can assure you that they are not. I also know that this is where you want the details on what exactly makes things so difficult, but at this point in time there is no such information that we can share with you.

When we are ready to properly address this issue, you will know about it. Until then, we can do little else than acknowledging your concerns. We thank you for the constructive feedback and suggestions you have posted so far, and we hope that you will continue to post in this manner. Rest assured that we are reading your posts, and that we are constantly forwarding your feedback.

http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/forum/topic/2986509135?page=85#1695
We do realise that this system does not address all of the issues affecting low population and faction imbalanced realms, but we do feel that it will improve things quite a bit. This is a brand new technology being developed for World of Warcraft, with the purpose of bringing life back to the more barren parts of the world, so this is only the start. What needs to be understood with the cross-realm zones technology is that it opens more doors to future systems that could help with those other matters as well.

There is still no solution how can guilds on our realm find new people for PvE or PvP. What a shame...

This system will actually assist you in finding players to PvP and PvE with, not to join your guild, but they can join you through the cross-server groups and raids features. While levelling up you will once again have more players in the world to interact with. With friendly players, you will be able to interact with them and maybe end up on each other’s friends’ lists, and grouping up again later for either PvP or PvE. With more players of the opposite faction running about, you will also have more world PvP too :)

This technology and the systems surrounding it are still in development and as such your feedback on them is greatly appreciated. We hope to have more innovative technologies and systems coming in the future that will keep improving the World of Warcraft experience for everyone! ^^
86 Gnome Warlock
Let's open a new thread because Blizzard is already aware of the issue, so new threads will make them like...even more aware. *narrows eyes*
90 Human Paladin
My bad Gontier... I musta missed the other three blue posts in the 126 pages ;)
- World of Warcraft
90 Gnome Mage
21/06/2012 09:38Posted by Whitebeardo
My bad Gontier... I musta missed the other three blue posts in the 126 pages ;)

http://us.battle.net/wow/en/forum/topic/3988400920?page=6#103 as well. But how many times they have responded is no the point at all. People beg our Blues for responses, they respond saying we have no new information, and get hated on. It's not like they run Blizzard and can determine what to do with the game. If they have no new information at all then there is no point in replying.
90 Human Paladin
People aren't hating on the Blues Eolien, they're hating on Blizzard as a whole for what is perceived to be deliberately ignoring the issue at hand.

The question you aren't asking is WHY is there no new information?

No one from Blizzard has said WHY it's not an easy fix - for example why don't they offer FCMs to dead server players, but PCT is still available?

And with regards to people opening new threads, it's clearly to raise awareness generally, not to notify Blizzard. Blizzard are, of course, aware of the problem as they created it, and followed it with PCTs to generate further income...
Edited by Whitebeardo on 21/06/2012 09:51 BST
- World of Warcraft
90 Gnome Mage
21/06/2012 09:50Posted by Whitebeardo
No one from Blizzard has said WHY it's not an easy fix - for example why don't they offer FCMs to dead server players, but PCT is still available?

Because they want the money... And they know people will pay for it if they need it. Still though the cross realm zones don't really help this issue that much, but it is a step in the right direction.
90 Human Paladin
That's a possible reason Eolien - and a terribly sad one for people to hear.

Whether or not that is true, when people are complaining about a lack of information or action, it's clearly not unwarranted.
All the 'dead' realms I know of are PVP servers. I wonder if it's that having one's PVP flag permanently set is just NOT that popular?
90 Human Paladin
There's plenty of dead PvE realms too Panamat - and many more dying (due to player transfer, not players unsubbing to play Diablo etc).
85 Night Elf Druid
OK.. Easy Fix coming right up............

Step 1. Give a Months Notice that all this will be taking place.

Step 2. Free transfers from empty realms to Medium Realms for a Month.

Step 3. After a Month auto transfer any stragglers to random Medium realms
(Allow these players another month grace to move these toons to another realm of their own choice)

Step 4. Close all Empty realms except 1 for New Players.

So in the space of 3 months we have happy gamers.
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

My reasoning for thinking that Blizz can close down servers without embarrassment

I'm sure, since the beginning of WoW server capacities have increased vastly.

Personally I think Blizz could shut down servers citing this reason,

I can't believe that shutting down servers is an admission to WoW loosing popularity since everyone knows the figures and exactly where it is at population wise anyway 10.2 Million strong.

eg 4 realms running at a capacity of 3,000 people = 12,000 population.
Increase realm capacity to 5,000 and close 1 = 15,000 population,
Result = less realms but still a higher overall population.

I think this is the problem that Blizz created themselves, Increased the capacity of all realms so basically the empty realms stay empty because of people picking the busy ones due to there now being room for them.
(I know the figures are off, but just using it as an example)
Edited by Krillchiron on 21/06/2012 10:05 BST
This thread is locked.

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]