My account is still Starter Edition?

(Locked)

20 Troll Hunter
Greetings, I have just today bought the Battle Chest so that I can continue to level my character. However, it appears I have 2 problems.

This character, Speak; is now on the WoW1 account, which is still being considered a Starter Edition account. The other account, my WoW2 account, is now considered Burning Crusade at the character selection menu (it says upgrade now to get to level 80 etc). But when I'm in game, I cannot yell, whisper, join general discussion etc. I still have the same privileges as I would on a starter account.

The 2 problems I face are:

Still having limited permissions
I have 2 accounts now, I only want one WoW account and for that to be the Upgraded account, Please help me?
- World of Warcraft
90 Night Elf Druid
A digital upgrade can take up to 72 hours to have all restrictions lifted due to security. However if you want the account you're posting from (the one that says Starter) to be the upgraded one, it looks like you made a mistake when upgrading and created a new account instead - you would have to contact them to fix it for you, as they cannot do so on forums: http://eu.battle.net/support/en/article/contact A ticket will take a few days to get replied to so I strongly recommend trying to call, which can be free from landline/Skype with the UK number.
Edited by Lerue on 26/06/2012 11:28 BST
20 Troll Hunter
Thank you, I'm trying to ring them now. I understand the first bit, about the 72 hour wait for full activation, but I need to see if they can fix my mistake of creating a second WoW account, rather than upgrading the one I already had, potentially merging the 2.
- World of Warcraft
90 Night Elf Druid
26/06/2012 11:35Posted by Speak
I need to see if they can fix my mistake of creating a second WoW account, rather than upgrading the one I already had, potentially merging the 2.

They should be able to, it's a mistake that happens more often than you think so you should be fine :) It might take a while to get through to them as they're fairly busy, but it'll be better than waiting for a ticket reply.
20 Troll Hunter
Phew, I know yeah they're pretty damn busy! When I first rang, it said the estimated wait time was 3 minutes, I'm now going on 10. I don't mind waiting though, thanks for the help, I'd +rep you, but I'm not allowed because I'm on a starter edition account >.<
- CS
94 Draenei Priest
It can take up to a couple of hours to get through, but they can sort it out while you're on the phone and you'll be ready to play straight away. Hope it's fixed for you by now.
Edited by Ananda on 26/06/2012 13:06 BST
90 Tauren Druid
Indeed, the phone queues can be extremely long but they'll be able to help you immediately once you're through to them.

Welcome to Azeroth! :-)
Customer Service
I can see that you still have an open petition about this matter Speak and I hope that you get this resolved as soon as possible. :)
57 Worgen Druid
I'm having the same problem right now. I have my "normal" account (upgraded all the way to Cataclysm) but I got a starter edition-account to have at least some fun with during the times when I can't afford to play my regular acc.

However, I realized that I wanted to continue playing some of the characters I got up and running on my starter edition, so I upgraded to Batte chest yesterday, and then I think I even accidentally upgraded to BC as well (there went my cash) but I'm still experiencing the SE-restrictions.

Did I mess up or is it just the possible 72-hour-wait that's the issue?
MVP - World of Warcraft
90 Worgen Death Knight
10/09/2012 11:17Posted by Weia

If you're still having SE restrictions then it's most likely that the payment haven't been cleared yet so you have to wait longer (up to 72 hours as you said). Also, The Burning Crusade is part of the Battlechest so you didn't mess up. :)
Edited by Gontier on 10/09/2012 11:28 BST
57 Worgen Druid
10/09/2012 11:26Posted by Gontier
Also, The Burning Crusade is part of the Battlechest so you didn't mess up. :)

That's great! I thought I did two separate payments because at first I clicked "upgrade to Battle chest" and a few moments later I went through the payment thingy - again - to upgrade to BC, but maybe it was just one transaction after all.
20 Worgen Warlock
Hello, yesterday i just upgraded wow from starter edition, but i did actually buy the "heart of the aspects" to. And when i look in mailbox i can't see it anywhere. and btw, my account is still starter edition. And i do understand that it will may take 72 hours. But my question is: Do i need to w8 for the acc. to upgrade to get my "heart of the aspects" ?
I'm kind of afraid my dragon mount will get deleted because i bought it when i still had the "starter edition" :(
Everyone who can answer my question, ahhh iwould be so happy!
90 Pandaren Shaman
Hello, yesterday i just upgraded wow from starter edition, but i did actually buy the "heart of the aspects" to. And when i look in mailbox i can't see it anywhere. and btw, my account is still starter edition. And i do understand that it will may take 72 hours. But my question is: Do i need to w8 for the acc. to upgrade to get my "heart of the aspects" ?
I'm kind of afraid my dragon mount will get deleted because i bought it when i still had the "starter edition" :(
Everyone who can answer my question, ahhh iwould be so happy!

You can't use mail I think until trial restrictions are lifted. Once your account updates you should get the mail.
2 Pandaren Rogue
hello im having the same problem, does it allway's take 72 hours? because i bought the battlechest 2 days ago (48 hours) but im worried that its not going to work, even tho they took the money for the monthly subscription. Please help!
This thread is locked.

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]