tcg items and MOP

am i right in thinking that come mop when mounts and pets become account bound these will also include tcg mounts and pets?

if this is the case i really see no harm in the rest of the tcg items being account bound - tabards, costumes and other vanity items. maybe not so every char gets one, maybe just so as u can mail it in the same way you do heirlooms. i have several of said tcg items on another char, one of which is now unobtainable and it frustrates me to no end that i cant use it on my current main.

thoughts?
Reply Quote
MVP
100 Gnome Priest
30/06/2012 17:01Posted by Lornd
am i right in thinking that come mop when mounts and pets become account bound these will also include tcg mounts and pets?

Yes.

30/06/2012 17:01Posted by Lornd
if this is the case i really see no harm in the rest of the tcg items being account bound - tabards, costumes and other vanity items. maybe not so every char gets one, maybe just so as u can mail it in the same way you do heirlooms.

Fair suggestion. I think others have suggested it in the past as well, and I wouldn't mind it. The rarity of some of the TCG items does result in the fact that you have to be very commited to a certain character to choose to give your TCG item to it, opposed to some other character.
And yeah, it would be nice if you had a bit more freedom to use your TCG items (mainly because many of them are gimmicky, fun items), rather than being forced to commit to using them on one specific character....for all eternity :P
Reply Quote
85 Human Mage
yes
Reply Quote
im surprised it hasn't been done already tbh.

might be something to do with the fact that they ultimately come from real money and then that might cause issues with essentially duplicating them. the value of tcg loot would drop a bit i suppose...
Edited by Lornd on 30/06/2012 18:29 BST
Reply Quote
MVP
100 Gnome Priest
30/06/2012 18:29Posted by Lornd
im surprised it hasn't been done already tbh.

Well, I think Blizzard's philosophy has evolved over the years. Where most things used to be on a "per character" basis, then today more things are on a "per account" basis.

There was a PTR some years ago where Blizzard actually experimented with making the TCG mounts account–bound, like heirlooms. But they ultimately decided against it (funnily, big parts of the community didn't like it either :P), and instead just made them tradeable (originally they were soulbound).

So they have changed their stance on the matter before. And I think – as far as the other TCG items goes – it wouldn't be weird if they made some changes in regards to them as well. We'll see :)
Reply Quote
ahhh didnt know that, thats very interesting ty :)
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]