Glyph of Stars

90 Night Elf Druid
Hello there fellow druids! :)

First of all, I would be deeply thankful if someone could post a screenshot of the current Astral Form (Moonkin Form with the Glyph of Stars).

From what I've found now it looks like nothing more then yourself faded and some stars above your head falling down. This might be a placeholder altho' (I wish it is).

I expect it to look like it does on the spell icon, something like Algalon the Observer ( http://images.wikia.com/wowwiki/images/8/86/Algalon.jpg )

Would be awesome :) Please post your opinions.
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Druid
What you have seen is not placeholder.

That is all.
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Druid
03/07/2012 21:18Posted by Vodral
I expect it to look like it does on the spell icon, something like Algalon the Observer

This has been requested, but isn't possible at the current time because they will have to remake all the class models or something along those lines.

And yes, currently, it just makes you transparent. If they don't change it, I won't be using it for sure.
Reply Quote
I think the whole fuzz was in order to sooth the complains of those who couldn' t see their gear in form?

Being transparent allows you to do so, and still distinquish you for what you are at that time.
Making an algalon model isn' t what ppl wanted i believe.
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Druid
04/07/2012 14:43Posted by Moolun
I think the whole fuzz was in order to sooth the complains of those who couldn' t see their gear in form?

Sure, you can still make your gear visable, and that it still makes you look "faded". Just that you add those blue lines between the dots, and dots should be placed on the elbows, shoulders, head, belly, knees and feets.
Reply Quote
04/07/2012 15:16Posted by Vodral

Sure, you can still make your gear visable, and that it still makes you look "faded". Just that you add those blue lines between the dots, and dots should be placed on the elbows, shoulders, head, belly, knees and feets.

Dunno mate, in my head it seems messy You either show gear or the inside stars. Focusing on both would make a bad blend:)

You may be right though.
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Druid
I really really don't want to look like a walking constellation. It doesn't fit druids at all. They may be all Elune-y-Moony and playing with stars at times, but Algalon is most certainly titan related. My druid is not.

And, sadly, I suspect that Glyph of Stars is not in the game because people complained (while that may be a reason) but rather that Blizzard are too lazy to update the actual Moonkin Form and decided to go the whole hog and just make us look like shadow priests.
Reply Quote
100 Human Warlock
Glyph of Stars is AWESOME! While it does look a little weird (You're partially transparent with stars raining down on you), I actually like the look. Not sure I'd completely dig being a walking astral being, that would screw up the concept of reflecting the look of your armor.

In any case, I just came on to see if anyone else wrote about this glyph, and thank Blizzard for it. I've really wished for something like this for a long time, since I grown so utterly tired of the old moonkin. I love this.
Reply Quote
39 Night Elf Druid
I swear I get targeted less because of it. Everyone likes going for the big lazerchicken otherwise.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]