Sub Rogue PVP burst at lvl 90

Stumbled across this on you tube (not my work, props to the uploader) :

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xOIkYFspysE&feature=relmfu

Seems like it's not all doom and gloom looking at some of the numbers on show

ps. apologies if already posted, I noticed the uploader has posted some other stuff below
Edited by Grouch on 04/07/2012 21:01 BST
Reply Quote
90 Human Rogue
Most people are concerned about Rogues survivability and movability as far as I know. The damage may be okay but as long as you can't reach the Frost Mage you can't damage him either.
Reply Quote
90 Undead Rogue
most people say subtlety has woeful damage on beta (in pvp), i don't think you can take much from a guy hitting a target dummy - you need to see it in relation to other classes. also he is using shadow blades our new 3 minute cooldown, so at most we might be able to get decent burst once every 3 mins i guess
Reply Quote
Thats on a target dummy.

That impressive 160k eviscerate you see there Crits PvP targets for about 50k. Im unsure how he got 160k actually as the most I ever see on a Dummy is 132-136k.

As a % of damage compared to relative healthpools that equates to about 12% of your average MoP Healthpool. On live an evis crit is closer to 20% of the average healthpool. Therefor its a direct damage nerf in real terms.

Now add in the fact that a frost mage can, and will crit you (as they for some reason get to keep their guaranteed crits) for 120k+ with a frost bolt. 100k+ with FFB and 80-90k with ice lance's and suddenly that damage looks a lot less impressive.
Reply Quote
You might want to also check out this Windwalker monk "numbers".

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Uz4sznaaX4E

Spot the 260k, 260k followed moment later by 130k 130k.

Insane damage. and something I simply cant deal with in duels.
Reply Quote
26 Blood Elf Paladin
Numbers in beta and all that
Reply Quote
90 Human Paladin
It is NOT "numbers in beta and all that". Blizzard is happy with the current class balance, and will tweak the numbers only slightly if at all at this point. The public test realms are getting online, and the MoP release date gets closer and closer.
Monk DD/Tank/Healer are indestrucktible at the moment, and deal *HUGE* amounts of damage, while a Ret/Rogue/Warry (as an example of what I saw on test realms today) can put out average to zero damage based on critluck/skill of the enemy. Mages are waay to OP atm, too. -Talkin bout duels only ofc

This is MoP pvp balance for you guys
Reply Quote
85 Undead Rogue
Imagine the total HP at 90 full epic...
Reply Quote
90 Undead Rogue
rerolling monk until 5.1 rogue buffs
Reply Quote
07/07/2012 01:26Posted by Adihash
Imagine the total HP at 90 full epic...

Yeah, my HP at 90 with toughness from Mining is 369k. So less then that for your average rogue.

Frost bolt and FFB crit for in excess of 100-120k.
Obliterate 100k+ etc...etc...etc...
Windwalkers have a shed load of abilities that can crit for 80k-100k+.

We have eviscerate which can crit an unshielded clothie for 53-54k assuming that it crits with the 18% crit chance and assuming we have managed to build up 5 combo points whilst also trying to remember to refresh S&D, rupture and recup.
Reply Quote
90 Undead Rogue
06/07/2012 23:47Posted by Hót
Numbers in beta and all that

Did the last 2 expansions teach you nothing? Blizzard don't know how to beta test their game. Don't be surprised if the live numbers are not far off where they are now. Also you should expect monks to be overpowered.
Reply Quote
90 Undead Rogue
Monks should be overpowered :D
Simply for Economy isues:D
Reply Quote
Monks should be overpowered :D
Simply for Economy isues:D

I guess.

Suppose the have to get people interested in playing theyre new baby class just like they did DK's.

Great, another class I can hate because its based on people rolling it purely to be OP.
Reply Quote
90 Human Rogue
05/07/2012 19:23Posted by Söze
Im unsure how he got 160k actually as the most I ever see on a Dummy is 132-136k.

If your beta rogue is gemmed/reforged as poorly as your live rogue is that is your problem.

Also your spec is a mix of hemo and backstab so that will lose you alot of damage.
Edited by Alkapwn on 10/07/2012 03:17 BST
Reply Quote
10/07/2012 03:12Posted by Alkapwn
Im unsure how he got 160k actually as the most I ever see on a Dummy is 132-136k.

If your beta rogue is gemmed/reforged as poorly as your live rogue is that is your problem.

Also your spec is a mix of hemo and backstab so that will lose you alot of damage.

So I dont have the G to hand to throw 50agi in every slot. Problem?

My spec is a Sub Hybrid purely for Added survivability in random BG's when im not doing rated which would be 10/0/31. Again, problem?

Stand down Sergeant.

Anyhoo, reguardless of armoury !@#$'s, point is, there are a whole load of Specs out there that can Burst better than rogues, in fact most of them can.

Even a lock can crit Haunt for 85-90k on a PvP target versus a 50K ish eviscerate.
Reply Quote
85 Undead Rogue
That is a level 60 dummy.. does that not make a difference to the numbers?
Reply Quote
90 Human Rogue
10/07/2012 15:36Posted by Söze
So I dont have the G to hand to throw 50agi in every slot. Problem?

Was more wondering about the haste and and stam gems but w/e.

10/07/2012 15:36Posted by Söze
My spec is a Sub Hybrid purely for Added survivability in random BG's when im not doing rated which would be 10/0/31. Again, problem?

You need more survival?.

Point is you don't know what you are talking about if you cant even get the bare basics right. I was pointing out that that was probably the reason other rogues were hitting higher than you and you keep getting owned in duals.
Reply Quote
22 Troll Druid
how much crit do rogues have at 90 then? in full 90 gear...pve or pvp?
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]