"New" content and an idea.

85 Tauren Druid
Instead of me whining and QQ'ing about the amount of datamining, tacs, already available maps and so on when "new" content are released. I will ask you this: Is it even possible for Blizzard to release something that has not been on ptr?

Let us play with the thought of Blizzard planning a new world boss, a new dungeon, hell even a new raid(!) without having it on ptr! Imagine the "WoW brand new feeling about it all". Would that even be possible these days?

This is game has been around for quite some time now, and for most players it has somewhat lost the feeling exploration and shining new sparkle. So would this be an idea you would think Blizzard would even consider?
Reply Quote
Community
New content must be tested. Many, many players enjoy being able to test and give their feedback on upcoming new content, and we put that feedback to good use. But, many more people do not test it, and first experience it when the content is actually released.

The simple truth is that if you do not want to see maps and tactics for upcoming content, it's not too hard to avoid. Neither of those are things that will burn into your mind, never to be forgotten.

The day WoW launched, even that had first been through an alpha and then beta test, where people could play and give feedback for months :P
Edited by Takralus on 23/07/2012 19:03 BST
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Priest
Maybe testing bosses with no models would keep some novelty. You know, white cubes and all that stuff that makes you feel like you're just "testing" something, not playing a demo version of the game.
Reply Quote
85 Dwarf Death Knight
Blizz could launch content without ptr, but theres no real benefit to doing so. Its not neccessary to participate in the ptr if you do not want to.
Reply Quote
MVP
90 Human Death Knight
23/07/2012 19:07Posted by Saphiramoon
Maybe testing bosses with no models would keep some novelty.

I like this idea.
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Druid
23/07/2012 19:01Posted by Takralus
New content must be tested. Many, many players enjoy being able to test and give their feedback on upcoming new content, and we put that feedback to good use. But, many more people do not test it, and first experience it when the content is actually released

Couldn't agree more. I know people that like to join beta etc and test the games and get things going, give feedback, and make the game as good as it possibly can be upon release. I am extremely great full for these people, and I am definitely not one of them! hehe

I much prefer to play the game when it has a little bugs as possible and I can have a smooth ride, a few bugs every now and again is completely understandable, but loads and loads gets annoying. I think PTR is a brilliant idea, best of both worlds.
Reply Quote
85 Troll Druid
In software development, testing & QA are very expensive. They requires often more people than those who actually make the software and it's a long & tedious process.

having public tests where the 'customers' participate in finding bugs and tuning the software is a big win for the publishing company. Save tons of money and time. Really a lot of money.

if you market this well (like Blizzard annual pass or Minecraft pre-orders) you can even earn money while paying customers are testing it...
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]