Player Housing

90 Human Paladin
Discussed hundreds of times on the forums. Let's speculate.

Will this ever come? I googled alot, but i cant find a post of a Blizzard official denying this could be coming.

How would you think Player Housing looks? Should it be a place to store items and stuff, or just a Guild House instead, for meetings or whatever etc. I think personally Guild Houses would be amazing.

Suggestion 1:
Use achievement points for something, achievement points could be used to decorate your house with wallpaper, a new floor or new furniture! You can still see how many achievement points someone has, but achievement points would give you a currency and that currency buys you furniture and all the rest i just mentioned.
Edited by Bydor on 25/07/2012 23:27 BST
Reply Quote
Community
Ooo I haven't seen this one for a while!

I'm afraid there's no update since the last time we spoke about it. We know it's a feature that some players would be interested in, but consider the fact that players are sad to see the world outside the city is quieter since the introduction of things like the LFD tool and flying mounts etc. I'm speculating here, but player housing may take yet more people out of the world, and even cities.

Plus there's also the continuous weighing-up we have to do when it comes to development time. I imagine it would be a huge task, taking the devs away from creating new encounters and other features.
Reply Quote
85 Worgen Druid
Not denying doesn't mean it will be. =)
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Rogue
Personally I have no interest in player housing.. Guild Mansions or something similar would be extremely interesting though, and it could act as a gold sink... having to spend money to upgrade your Common rooms to have more fun things in them... Though I guess it's just wishful thinking! :(
Reply Quote
90 Orc Hunter
I'd love it to be a guild hall, I remember a guild I was in when we met in Brill to discuss promotions and such and what news to give to the guildies and then we all went to the inn nearby and got all our characters drunk and had lots of giggles, with pretend bar fights and such. The Grind- ep 3 shows this sort of thing as well with the guild meeting in that. I'd love to have a special location just to do those kind of things for fun and i'm sure role-players would love this kind of feature. Having things like personal armor closets and weapon racks (with visual display) would be awesome too now with transmog around and wanting to hold onto so much of it.
Edited by Nerzarn on 25/07/2012 18:49 BST
Reply Quote
90 Tauren Shaman
Player housing will come right after the new player textures.
Reply Quote
90 Draenei Shaman
25/07/2012 18:50Posted by Haerdalish
Player housing will come right after the new player textures.
i see what you did there
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Hunter

I'm afraid there's no update since the last time we spoke about it. We know it's a feature that some players would be interested in, but consider the fact that players are sad to see the world outside the city is quieter since the introduction of things like the LFD tool and flying mounts etc. I'm speculating here, but player housing may take yet more people out of the world, and even cities.

Plus there's also the continuous weighing-up we have to do when it comes to development time. I imagine it would be a huge task, taking the devs away from creating new encounters and other features.

While i'm not fussed about player houses, there is no reason why they cannot be introduced away from the cities
Reply Quote
90 Undead Mage

How about guild houses out in the wild? Tibia uses that method.
To spice it up for PvPers so should the Alliance and the Horde houses the fairly close to each other, in "neutral" territories.

Also I'd like to build it from the ground up together with my guild, also it should be an hell of a grind, require multiple professions and teamwork! And with house, I mean more of a castle with NPC:s and the abillity to siege!

Excuse my grammar tonight, I'm kinda intoxicated atm. Don't worry I am on vocation!
Edited by Maggux on 25/07/2012 20:32 BST
Reply Quote
90 Human Paladin

Amazing to see that Blizz members join this discussion :) I'm not a programmer so i don't know how much work this is, but if you say it'd take enough work to keep employees at Blizzard away from creating new content, then i'd rather see new content. (and crowded main cities are always more fun!)
Edited by Bydor on 25/07/2012 20:45 BST
Reply Quote
85 Worgen Druid
and where is our dance studio?
Reply Quote
90 Human Rogue
25/07/2012 18:37Posted by Takralus
but consider the fact that players are sad to see the world outside the city is quieter since the introduction of things like the LFD tool and flying mounts etc

Sounds cool on paper, but have to agree with this. The world would be even emptier.
Reply Quote
85 Orc Hunter
we on argent dawn an rp server, use existing places as our house:D

my guild lives in Fairebreeze village, and i must say its nice
Reply Quote
20 Undead Warlock
Player housing isnt needed. You got guilds for that kind of stuff.
Reply Quote
90 Human Mage
Player housing is a really bad idea.

You want a house claim one in game.

we on argent dawn an rp server, use existing places as our house:D

my guild lives in Fairebreeze village, and i must say its nice
Reply Quote
Not Player Housing.

Guild Housing on the other hand would be amazing.
Reply Quote
1 Gnome Mage
Not personal housing, guild housing yes. It would be a good tool for the guild to use to meet up and have gatherings/competitions held between the guild. Overall guild halls would be a great idea and could act as a gold sink considering how much extra gold all these guild perks generate now.

Nothing they do will ever make the world more populated as its just so big now.
Edited by Cutiepi on 25/07/2012 22:44 BST
Reply Quote
4 Human Warlock
Player housing, guild halls. The main issue with them is what on earth would you DO there.
Reply Quote
- World of Warcraft
90 Gnome Mage
25/07/2012 22:48Posted by Bionicbeaver
Player housing, guild halls. The main issue with them is what on earth would you DO there.

Indeed.

Especially the first one.
Reply Quote
90 Draenei Warrior
25/07/2012 20:48Posted by Maerdyn
and where is our dance studio?

On the second floor of player housings.
Edited by Alenya on 25/07/2012 23:19 BST
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]