What is better? GW2 or MoP?

90 Blood Elf Priest
I'm playing both, since GW2 is free to play and WoW is P2P it fits perfectly, the only thing is that I have to chose which one gets time.

Ah well, nearly 80 in GW2, so I better work on getting to 90 in MoP now :P
Reply Quote
53 Orc Shaman
I'm playing both, since GW2 is free to play and WoW is P2P it fits perfectly, the only thing is that I have to chose which one gets time.

Better wait till in a few weeks. Its really really annoying now....most simple quests take an hour to complete. Ppl stealing eachothers questitems.

On top of that i encountered about 20-25 buggy quests. Its awfull really -_-
Reply Quote
85 Gnome Mage
Do people still play GW2? That game is deader than a dead thing now MoP is out!

Booya!

I heard most people stopped playing MOP allready after they noticed how terribly buggy and outdated the quests where in MOP. Come on...30 ppl spawncamping the same squirl for 30 mins...how fun is that?

Some people where in queue for 3 hours since Blizz is to cheap to fix a normal system like GW2 overflow servers. Omg so bad -_-

Didnt you see all the complaints on this forum? 90% hate MOP and quite a few stopped allready and are now playing GW2 :D.

What I find amussing is the amount of hatefull fanboys going "lol over flowers sever are stoopid, can't even play with your friends lol" and now we see people in the forums going "why the hell ain't WoW got this awesome overflow system" XD

And yes I do realise that as a whole the 2 groups are completly seperate but it tickles me none the less :-)
Reply Quote
I heard most people stopped playing MOP allready after they noticed how terribly buggy and outdated the quests where in MOP. Come on...30 ppl spawncamping the same squirl for 30 mins...how fun is that?

Some people where in queue for 3 hours since Blizz is to cheap to fix a normal system like GW2 overflow servers. Omg so bad -_-

Didnt you see all the complaints on this forum? 90% hate MOP and quite a few stopped allready and are now playing GW2 :D.

Thanks for the percentage pulled out of your rectum...

Yes a few of the WoW servers were full and had queues (not mine, mines a medium server), funny seeing as MoP was supposed to big fail and no-one wanted to play "Pandas" isn't it.

Some kind of overflow system would have helped smooth out the queues but to be fair it's only going to be a day or 2 for things to settle down and things will be back to normal. It's really not an issue.

You are on the WoW forums, albiet in the "other games" section. Every post I see from GW2 fanboys like yourself is just confirmation to me on how bad GW2 really is. To have to come on another games forums to hate on WoW and big up GW2 just screams insecurity. Like doing this will in some way justify your purchase of the game. I would never go on the GW2 forums to bash GW2 and praise another game because I am comfortable with my game choices.

Having a comparison and an opinion is fine but when you state numbers that you plucked from thin air is making yourself look a fool.
Reply Quote
53 Orc Shaman

Booya!

and then...

Having a comparison and an opinion is fine but when you state numbers that you plucked from thin air is making yourself look a fool.

Way to put a fools tag above your head. :D

I play both games but for different reasons. Wow is only good for end game pvp and pve end game mechanics. Everything else in wow sucks so bad compared to GW2...its not even a comparison.

So i dont see how guys who arent spending any time doing PvE or PVP @ end game in wow can enjoy this.
Edited by Shentou on 27/09/2012 08:52 BST
Reply Quote

Booya!

and then...

Way to put a fools tag above your head. :D

That's my opinion and I didn't state numbers AND I am in the WoW forums... FOOL!

Go back to GW2 if it's so great but I sense you will still be here replying to me as GW2 is a POS and you have nothing to do in that game.
Edited by Kanevil on 27/09/2012 08:51 BST
Reply Quote
53 Orc Shaman

That's my opinion and I didn't state numbers AND I am in the WoW forums... FOOL!

Go back to GW2 if it's so great but I sense you will still be here replying to me as GW2 is a POS and you have nothing to do in that game.

Well my oppinion is that most wow players stopped MOP allready since the leveling sucks to much. Kiddie adventure type storytelling, grindy quests, mobtagging....its horrible.

Tell me what fun is it to aoe a spawn area of a certain monster with 50 other people.....for 20 mins straight.

No...like i said i play both games. GW2 like an RPG and WOW mostly for end game PVP + some random end game PvE once every 2 months. The rest of wow is just garbage ...
Edited by Shentou on 27/09/2012 08:59 BST
Reply Quote
85 Draenei Death Knight
What is it with Kung Fu Pandas that makes people think WoW is alive again?

WoW has been in Blizzard's money milking stage for years now.

Didn't the lack of content in Cataclysm strike you as weird?
Don't expect much more content in MOP.

(And don't make up numbers or say stuff about games you haven't even tried)

Better wait till in a few weeks. Its really really annoying now....most simple quests take an hour to complete. Ppl stealing eachothers questitems.

That's what I really love about Guild Wars 2, there's no thing such as ninjalooting or kill stealing in the quests.
Everyone who participates gets rewards :D
Edited by Malizïa on 28/09/2012 03:38 BST
Reply Quote
100 Human Warlock
What is it with Kung Fu Pandas that makes people think WoW is alive again?

WoW has been in Blizzard's money milking stage for years now.

Didn't the lack of content in Cataclysm strike you as weird?
Don't expect much more content in MOP.

That's not really fair. MoP is, from what I've seen so far, quite possibly their best expansion to date, possibly with an exception for TBC but it's too soon to tell. They have turned the focus back onto the conflict between the two factions and the new continent is awesomely designed i my opinion. A lot of pessimistic players that hated on the upcoming expansion back when it was announced are actually blown away by it.

As for Cataclysm, to claim that it was the biggest expansion (in terms of content) would probably be true, from a certain point of view. The problem is that the overhaul of levels 1-60 was such a major part of it that the new content available for players already at maximum level (as in "most of us") came off as a bit lacking. Cata had several end game-related problems as well for sure but some expansions are better than others.

MoP opening up with 18 raid bosses spread over 3 different raids (+2 outdoor world bosses), before the first content patch is even released, suggests that Blizzard has learned something over the years and realized that end game content is one of the factors that can make or break an expansion.

I'm more excited about MoP than I originally thought I would be. I think it's going to be an awesome expansion.
Reply Quote
85 Draenei Death Knight

That's not really fair. MoP is, from what I've seen so far, quite possibly their best expansion to date, possibly with an exception for TBC but it's too soon to tell. They have turned the focus back onto the conflict between the two factions and the new continent is awesomely designed i my opinion.

Conflict?

Soo... the Alliance helps in the siege of Orgrimmar, takes over the city, deciding to hand it over to green Jesus("World-shaman" Thrall), ignoring the countless greiveances or even the threat of the Horde as it was aaaaallll just Garrosh fault?

I'm sorry, but using Garrosh as a scapegoat is even worse writing than the Horde using nukes and cheese bombs or other superweapons, or magically spawned armies and armadas to beat the Alliance.

(Not to mention general complete lack of IQ or common sense within the Alliance, they make cheesy movie villains look smart by comparison)

I'd prefer to just face another dragon... at least there's no disappointments there as I don't really expect much in the first place.

If they're going to focus on the conflict, they better do so in a good way.
If not, they might as well just go with Bolvar going mad and ushering WOTLK 2.
Edited by Malizïa on 28/09/2012 17:33 BST
Reply Quote
90 Dwarf Hunter
GW2-playerbase dropped by 60% in the 1. month. And they don`t even have subs. What else is there to say?
Reply Quote
28/09/2012 23:20Posted by Strongale
GW2-playerbase dropped by 60% in the 1. month. And they don`t even have subs. What else is there to say?

I doubt this but all the morons over-hyped the game.

Including all the stupid Blizz fanboys...
Reply Quote
1 Night Elf Hunter

58.1% of all players who played MOP, hate it. And thats a pay to play game....so they need people to love it or they will leave!

OMG!
Reply Quote
90 Human Paladin
Both are amazing games, I intend on playing both personally.

Guild Wars 2 will be my casual game I play with a spare hour here and there as it's easy to jump in and progress.

MoP will be my more hardcore orientated game when I can invest hours into it, plus all my friends are mainly on WoW.

Why can't people just enjoy both? ^^
Reply Quote
90 Goblin Hunter

Leaving aside the fact that you play a human male with the gokku haircut, are you seriously this superficial?

I suggest you try the game and tell me it's dead then, cause I'm being put in "temporary" zones due to overpopulation and the PVP queue is long enough to hint that this game is far from dead.

So why don't you stop making a bigger fool of yourself and simply stop taling, it's the safest way for you.
Reply Quote
90 Orc Shaman
I bought gw 2. I kinda disappointed.. It lacked the endgame content which is the heart of MMORPG games for me..
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Monk

I knew that was eventually going to happen when MoP came out. Pretty much proves that GW2 is nothing but SWTOR. Its downfalls already started, soon it will be nothing but a mere empty game.
Reply Quote
90 Human Monk

58.1% of all players who played MOP, hate it. And thats a pay to play game....so they need people to love it or they will leave!

OMG!

As expected -_- I knew MOP was going to fail terribly due to its childish nature and lack of innovations. Pretty much proves MOP is even worse then Cata.

I didnt know it would drop 58% of its playerbase allready though. I think Blizzard is in trouble.
Edited by Shentou on 04/10/2012 07:35 BST
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Monk

OMG!

As expected -_- I knew MOP was going to fail terribly due to its childish nature and lack of innovations. Pretty much proves MOP is even worse then Cata.

I didnt know it would drop 58% of its playerbase allready though. I think Blizzard is in trouble.

Looks like someone got hurt bad. Dont worry bro, MoP still has the largest gamer database available and still having server lockdowns like mad due to extreme amount of players. GW2 on the other hand, barely have full servers anymore. No hard feeling bra, just being through lol.
Reply Quote
80 Undead Mage
I've waited long enough to say this. The time has come :

WHERE IS YOUR GUILD WARS 2, THE MIGHTY WOW KILLER, NOW?

Oh wait! ITS DEAD!
Edited by Ixtlan on 04/10/2012 12:36 BST
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]