What purpose does LFR have?

85 Human Priest
I haver never liked LFR, the first time I heard about it I hated it. I hate that Blizzard forced me to raid this braindead version of DS in the start of the patch, and now they are gonna make it for every raid in MoP.

Back in the end of WOTLK, Blizzard said they would not allow players to raid both 10 and 25 man anymore in the same week, the raids were now going to share lockouts. They said it was because having to raid 2 instances every week burned players out..

Well LFR is the same isn't it? Only difference is it's so braindead you actually wonder if it's a sick joke. Nothing ever made in WoW have ever been this simple, and that says alot in a game where slack is rewarded.

My biggest problem with LFR for MOP is that it will spoil the game. You will steamroll through it at day 1 and see every boss, and there will not be any mystique or surprise when you actually start with the real raids afterwards.

Why does everyone need to see everything in the game?
Don't you understand that players wont improve if you don't give them a challenge?

It used to be that you had to improve to get further in this game. Now you allow players to give up, and then nerf the content.
Reply Quote
85 Human Hunter
30/07/2012 18:20Posted by Timestamp

Because everyone is paying the same. It's really simple.

It's like paying for a cinema ticket/seat and subsequently being denied the ending of the movie.

Why should only a select few get to experience content and development costs that is included in my monthly?
Edited by Raurora on 30/07/2012 18:26 BST
Reply Quote
30/07/2012 18:25Posted by Raurora

It's like paying for a cinema ticket/seat and subsequently being denied the ending of the movie.

Why should only a select few get to experience content and development costs that is included in my monthly?

If this is serious and not at all sarcastic, it is absolutely WRONG. No-one is paying to be allowed to see content. You are paying for access to the servers.
Reply Quote
18 Gnome Rogue
I always found the argument for LFR "people get to see the content" strange. Nobody does that for any other game I know of, if I ever want to see the end of a game I can't beat I search it on youtube.

And I suppose doing the raid in LFR, then trying in normal ruins the progression feel for me, like I've already done all this before. I personally think the difficulty is truly laughable in LFR. The only times you'll struggle are when large groups of saboteurs act up.

It reminds me a bit of another game I have, Simpsons Hit and Run. A friend of mine who isn't great at video games fails a lot on the missions. However, after failing about 5 times, you're given the option to skip. Theoretically, you can skip through the entire game. Hopefully Mists of Pandaria won't end up like this.

However, I don't have all too much opposition to LFR. I just don't think people learn anything from going through it. With Ultraxion, you can practically nuke the boss as DPS and you are in no way prepared for when you do it on normal. It does serve it's purpose as being able to earn new gear in preparation for normal mode. Heh, I think I found why raid groups don't accept the LFR achievements...
Reply Quote
85 Human Hunter
30/07/2012 18:27Posted by Lilpain
You are paying for access to the servers.

You're correct, and in the ToS you're reminded that you're only paying for the access and this is added in for legal/retail reasons.

How many players would pay only to be allowed to log into a empty game?
Logic it makes none.
Reply Quote
85 Human Mage

If this is serious and not at all sarcastic, it is absolutely WRONG. No-one is paying to be allowed to see content. You are paying for access to the servers.

You need to think a little bit outside that tunnel vision young man.

He is quite right

and OP

No-one is forcing you to do it, quite simple really. You only have yourself to blame!
Reply Quote
90 Gnome Mage

You're wrong

The sub might be for server ect. but the actual game itself you pay for the content that comes with it. I bought Cataclysm so I'm entitled to see the end of the Cataclysm story subs or no subs.
Reply Quote
90 Gnome Mage
My biggest problem with LFR for MOP is that it will spoil the game. You will steamroll through it at day 1 and see every boss, and there will not be any mystique or surprise when you actually start with the real raids afterwards.

Quite simple don't do LFR then skip it and do normal mode.
Reply Quote
85 Human Hunter
30/07/2012 18:37Posted by Wimwinkle
Quite simple don't do LFR then skip it and do normal mode.

You're absolutely correct and I agree with your post.

His counter argument is going to be along the lines of "I need to do the LFR for 4 set or trinkets so that I remain competitive and don't handicap my guild, in essence I'm being forced".

Boo hoo
Edited by Raurora on 30/07/2012 18:39 BST
Reply Quote
85 Goblin Shaman
Also gives players a basic understanding of boss mechanics, which is quite fantastic, especially when you have players coming later into the expansion who want to raid.
Edited by Coffee on 30/07/2012 18:41 BST
Reply Quote
30/07/2012 18:39Posted by Raurora
His counter argument is going to be along the lines of "I need to do the LFR for 4 set or trinkets so that I remain competitive and don't handicap my guild, in essence I'm being forced".

And that is the correct response. The fix is easy: reduce the ilvl of the gear drops in LFR. After all, gear isn't its purpose.

30/07/2012 18:34Posted by Wimwinkle
The sub might be for server ect. but the actual game itself you pay for the content that comes with it. I bought Cataclysm so I'm entitled to see the end of the Cataclysm story subs or no subs.

Sorry but no you aren't 'entitled' to see it. That makes absolutely no sense. Besides, you are not being physically barred from the content. It's still out there.
Reply Quote
85 Goblin Shaman
30/07/2012 18:43Posted by Lilpain
Sorry but no you aren't 'entitled' to see it.

But the majority of the player base are casuals, and who do you think Blizzard are going to cater for since it's the majority?
Reply Quote
90 Gnome Mage
And that is the correct response. The fix is easy: reduce the ilvl of the gear drops in LFR. After all, gear isn't its purpose.

ilvl in LFR is only 6 levels above dungeons normal is 20.

Invalid point. Gear is needed to be better than dungeon gear, or there is no character progression.

Sorry but no you aren't 'entitled' to see it. That makes absolutely no sense. Besides, you are not being physically barred from the content. It's still out there.

Entitled may of been the wrong word, but still the point is valid. When you pay for a game and it's story you expect to see it all not miss some of it because you don't have time to raid on a regular basis.
Edited by Wimwinkle on 30/07/2012 18:52 BST
Reply Quote
I haver never liked LFR,

So don't do it then, noone forces you to.

the first time I heard about it I hated it.

There you go, you decided you did not like it before trying it.

I hate that Blizzard forced me to raid this braindead version of DS in the start of the patch,

When did they force you to play LFR? Did they go round to your house with baseball bats and threaten to beat you if you did not play LFR?
I would call the police if I were you, and complain about blizzard threatening you like this.

My biggest problem with LFR for MOP is that it will spoil the game.

So don't use LFR then (unless blizzard threaten you again with baseball bats).

30/07/2012 18:39Posted by Raurora

You can get better trinkets from HC firelands (4.2) than from LFR DS (4.3). Hardcore raiders do not need to go anywhere near LFR to gear up.
Reply Quote
90 Human Death Knight

This cost is idiotic to say the least, the raid finder is designed to let newer players see the new raids with little effort. However how do you do you expect them to enter the dungeon if NO BODY IS CUEING FOR THE DUNGEON. If there wasn't gear as a kind of "bribe" no one would use the raid finder past the first week meaning if you weren't playing the first week fo dragonsoul you are either
A.Out of luck
B.Spending hours cueing
And really this would mean the raid finder is useless past the first week and may aswell not be there.
Reply Quote
85 Human Hunter
30/07/2012 18:25Posted by Raurora

This is why gaming as dying, because everything needs to be dumbed down so idiots can still play it.
Reply Quote
90 Tauren Warrior
Look another one of these threads....

LFR is here to stay.... If you don't like it, then don't use it.
Reply Quote
90 Human Death Knight
30/07/2012 19:01Posted by Pootispencer
This is why gaming as dying, because everything needs to be dumbed down so idiots can still play it.

Oh my god, the game is dying I completely agree 100%, I mean honestly the game is down to only 10 MILLION SUBSCRIBERS, DO YOU KNOW HOW LOW THAT IS? THAT IS LIKE...BARELY ANY PEOPLE. BLIZZARD HAVE DESTROYED THIS GAME AND THAT IS WHY ONLY A MEASLY 10 MLLION PEOPLE ARE PLAYING, HOW DARE THEY!!!

Now lets be serious for a second here, I think the only "idiot" here is you.
Edited by Deadknoob on 30/07/2012 19:12 BST
Reply Quote
Sorry but no you aren't 'entitled' to see it.

OTOH we have the attitude that "I don't like it so noone else should be allowed to do it." OP want to do hard core raiding, fair enough. But that should not stop people using the raid finder, who want to use the raid finder.

OP has 13 HC Ragnaros kills, 2 HC deathwing, and killed the Lich king HC before cata was released. She does not need to go anywhere near raid finder to get raiding gear.

This is just a case that if the OP does not like raid finder then she thinks normal people should not be allowed to use it.

edit 2 hc deathwing
Edited by Dðra on 30/07/2012 19:14 BST
Reply Quote
85 Human Hunter
30/07/2012 19:00Posted by Dðra
You can get better trinkets from HC firelands (4.2) than from LFR DS (4.3). Hardcore raiders do not need to go anywhere near LFR to gear up.

You're grossly misinformed.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]