What purpose does LFR have?

90 Night Elf Death Knight
01/08/2012 10:17Posted by Morbiax
Skill is not directly proportional to time played or experience, which is something the likes of the OP seem to believe. Just because they are able to spend half their lives playing the game they think it should entitle them to special treatment.

I would assume that 3 nights a week is 3 nights of 3-4 hours, so 9-12 hours of raiding you cannot do.

I personally raid 4 nights a week - in my old guild it was 4 nights of 3 hours a night, and in the guild I just joined it is 4 nights of 4 hours. Of course, since the content is cleared I am raiding 1 night a week currently.

I raided 12 hours a week to get as far as I had, and my progression wasn't too bad with a Madness Heroic kill 4th March 2012.

I like to consider myself as a casual raider with a slightly more hardcore attitude, since I don't give up RL commitments to play, but I like to try to get to the best out of my character with the time that I have to play.

You've made the assumption that the people who play this game and dislike LFR for whatever reason are those who do nothing but play WoW and raid for 84 hours a week (i.e. half their lives). This is just as bad, in my opinion, as someone who assumes that casual raiders are bad players, or those who do not have much time to play the game do not deserve the rewards.

The problem with this argument is that there are people moaning on both sides, and all that needs to be done is a simple compromise that does not harm either side.

Having said all that I do agree with:

01/08/2012 10:17Posted by Morbiax
The difficulty itself should regulate who can or cannot succeed or acquire high level items and achievements.

Since that's what has always been done - the problem is, people who cannot do the content because it is too difficult for them complain about it. As far as I understand, LFR is supposed to be the middle ground so that there is something for the less able player to do during the current tier, or for those who don't have much time to play.
Reply Quote
55 Blood Elf Death Knight
Special snowflake syndrome all over this thread.

First off, the BS about LFR is the same BS I was reading on these forums when LFD was introduced. Similar BS was also around when cross-realm battlegrounds were introduced and when the old ranking system was closed.

Just be honest and admit the truth: You want to be the only guy outside the AH with the raid title, mount and gear and it hurts your feelings to see others achieving it. There's no other objection, there's no other issue.

And don't give me the "oh it's not challenging" BS either. Did you kill it before the nerf? Congrats, massive achievement. Now, after all these months, gear and practice would it be ANY challenge even without the buff? No, it's a repetitive task that you do every week for gear or whatever. If you feel your raid needs a bigger challenge then just turn the damn debuff of. Oh wait, someone doesn't want to? Now why exactly is that? Oh, they don't want to spend extra time killing a boss they've had on farm for months? Who could imagine people wouldn't feel excited about a boss they've killed 30 times just because he became a bit harder, heh?

Want a challenge? Go ace all your school classes or be employee of the month for a few months, I'm sure that'll feel way more rewarding and at least there won't be 'casuals' to plague you with sleepless nights. (And THAT you can actually put in your resumée).

I know this is like TOTALLY PROGRESSIVE GROUNDBREAKING THINKING but WoW is a game made to have fun, not to be a job where you try to be the best so you get a f***** payraise.

This^^
Well said

Special snowflake syndrome all over this thread.

special snowflake? Next time atleast read OP before you start your stupid rant.
I dont want LFR since it spoils the game, it removes the mysituq and excitment for the next boss. It also forces semi to hardcore raiders to do LFR

Just be honest and admit the truth: You want to be the only guy outside the AH with the raid title, mount and gear and it hurts your feelings to see others achieving it.

THey DONT achiv it. It gets nerfed to oblivion, making it extremely boring the the good players that have already killed it, most hardcore raiders quit after a while when the nerfs are comming. I LOVED tier 11 because it was actually hard, then they nerfed it. Tier 11 is by far the hardest tier this expanion, both t12 and t13 was a major let down to me.

Want a challenge? Go ace all your school classes or be employee of the month for a few months, I'm sure that'll feel way more rewarding and at least there won't be 'casuals' to plague you with sleepless nights. (And THAT you can actually put in your resumée).

You are so ignorant I wanna puke. Why do you even play WoW? I play because I want a challenge, challenge = fun. Ive played games since i was 5 years old starting with Super Mario on Super Nintendo, and all the games Ive played since have been challenging, because thats what freaking makes them fun.. To overcome the challange, what fun is it to just steamroll everything.

Sc2 and Diablo 3 are new blizzard games and they are both brutal hard, I was shocked that Diablo was so hard, because I was used to blizzard games being so faceroll.. So why is it that WoW is the only game on the planet that is this easy??

If there is no challenge in anything, what fun is there? I raided since vanilla. I was stuck on Priness for 5 weeks in AQ. I farmed nature ress gear, I farmed dreamfoil for flasks in Azshara and it was a pain in the !@#, but thats what makes the kill so much sweeter.. This is one of the bosses I have the greatest memory of, because it was to me and my guild, one of the toughest bosses we did.

It didnt matter that we never killed Cthun, we progressed and had fun killing the bosses we managed to kill, we didnt QQ or need to kill every single boss in the game.. We strived for it, but we werent good enough. Still AQ is one of the greatest raiding experiences Ive had.

You dont need to kill everything to have a great time in this game, but blizzard seems to have forgotten that.

Lol timestamp. Youre just whats wrong with this game.
I just wanna puke when i hear you.
Leave this game pls,community is far better off without peeps like you.

30/07/2012 18:20Posted by Timestamp
Why does everyone need to see everything in the game?

Wow,just wow. O_O
Youre selfish,rude and obnoxious.

My biggest problem with LFR for MOP is that it will spoil the game. You will steamroll through it at day 1 and see every boss,

So the problem here is. You can't handle the fact that other people will defeat this encounter in lfr and get some lfr gear and see everything while you progress on normal. Who cares what you and youre guild do? What do you care about other players?
People care for nr 1 in the world. Not you,not youre guild. Even in you were Cleopatra,Queen of the nile. Youre nothing,nobody. So stop acting like a prestige child

It used to be that you had to improve to get further in this game. Now you allow players to give up, and then nerf the content.

Sigh,you even read what blues wrote about this in previous posts........
What is ,,steamroll'' for you isnt steamroll for everyone else
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Hunter
Well, LFR for me was a way to learn the basic tacts and get gear for normal when I started in december of last year in the middle of cata. Also, since I played first on a dead server, and no on Ravencrest where a lot of people are !@#$%^-s who only take the best players on puggs and guilds, LFR gave me the chance to see the end game content. I pay just as much as the players doing Normal don't I? Don't I get to see the full game?

Also, without LFR you would have badly geared people not knowing tacts in your DS raid.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Death Knight
No I wasn't assuming that at all Fu, but that is the impression being given by a lot of these threads that moan about LFR.

And I could raid 9-12 hours a week, just not at the allotted times. I would prefer to do it on an ad-hoc basis, which is what LFR is ideal for.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Paladin
Never mentioned casual player being a bad player - not at one point in my post.
Reply Quote
90 Human Paladin
http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=8rd0-zVIBVo

Results http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nuKIvjhN4NA

Yea, and tbh, Normal DS wasnt hard in the beginning, and everyone that have a little bit of brain could kill all bosses in Normal DS and some HCs, and with 30% nerf ppl are pugging 6/8 hc.

LFR is a joke, I use it just to gear up chars cuz I have to. Would be much better and more fun to gear up a char thru BWD / tot4w / BOT, and then Firelands, and then DS. Or atleast Gear up in HC dungeons and then Firelands then DS.

Everyone will see the end content in MoP the first week, SO FUN! Cant wait! ....
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Paladin
I also gotta say i love the people trolling in these threads by having new accounts - pathetic. You wanna say something have the balls to do it in your main, and stop playing the big man behind the screen lol
Reply Quote
85 Orc Warrior

If this is serious and not at all sarcastic, it is absolutely WRONG. No-one is paying to be allowed to see content. You are paying for access to the servers.

You're wrong

The sub might be for server ect. but the actual game itself you pay for the content that comes with it. I bought Cataclysm so I'm entitled to see the end of the Cataclysm story subs or no subs.

alright you said in the first page that you are entitled to see the end of the cataclysm story but when the other guy in page 2 said that they should make the i lvl of the lfr gear same or lower than tier 12 you said that the gear is needed to be better or else noone would do it .

Just accept the fact that you just want gear and your excuse for destroying(imo) the surprises of doing the raid for your first time and the raid being a challenge is that you want to see the end of the story I mean comeon ur ridiculous
Edited by Erradan on 01/08/2012 10:59 BST
Reply Quote
90 Worgen Mage
Excuse me for my bad english.
I red the post here and agree: This MMORPG was tuned so hard in classic, that i was impressed by full t3 geared characters staying in IF - i was not alone staring at them.
This game made a huge evolution and some changes for casual/normal people.
If you havent the time, you can play LFR.
If your skills are on a medium level, you can raid the normal mode.
If your team and you can beat the heroic raid, you get the rewards (gear, reputation).

So if a guild has problem with hagara hc, they can do what every progress guild does:

- Farm normal raids
- watch guides
- practice on the encounter
- ask other teams for ideas

But nerfing the content, because normal guilds should see Spine or even madness heroic destroys the rewards of other guilds. Its not the date at all, its gear and some titles.
Besides: Maybe some of the guilds, who killed the nerfed boss, arent the guilds who check wowprogress.com for kill dates. So they´ll lost proportion to guilds on their realm which achieved the kill without a nerf, the hard work that was put into a weapon of madness hc before 25%.

World First Post: There are more then just World First. (German, French, USA etc.) Realm First. 10 or 25 player. And i think the top 200 guilds on wowprogress are interesting for people and guild-recruiting.

Sorry again for my horrible english, i hope you understand roughly what i mean.
Reply Quote
90 Human Paladin
and like few ppl already said, its kinda boring to run DS LFR on a char that im gearing up and maybe DS normal on that char.

and then do DS HC on this char and do alt run with the guild on another char.

( I know I dont have to have more then one char but most ppl do these days)

so, ive probebly done DS somewhere between 50-70 times.. its just way to much of the same instace (withut any challange except in the beginning)
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Death Knight
01/08/2012 10:54Posted by Dívínélífé
Never mentioned casual player being a bad player - not at one point in my post.

This is just as bad, in my opinion, as someone (by "someone" I clearly mean the 1 person who did not say it out of the 450+ posts that have been made in this thread - and in all the threads relating to this that have ever been posted, ever) who assumes that casual raiders are bad players, or those who do not have much time to play the game do not deserve the rewards.

fixed
Reply Quote
55 Blood Elf Death Knight
I also gotta say i love the people trolling in these threads by having new accounts - pathetic. You wanna say something have the balls to do it in your main, and stop playing the big man behind the screen lol

Im sure i speak for most in this forum/thread. We post on low lvl,cause you have this weirdos coming stalk you in game
Edited by Tangled on 01/08/2012 11:07 BST
Reply Quote
85 Worgen Death Knight
. I hate that Blizzard forced me to raid this braindead version of DS in the start of the patch, and now they are gonna make it for every raid in MoP.

No one is forcing you. Please, keep you infantile personality in Stormwind, while we, the players, can go and prepare for a non-lfr raid.
Reply Quote
85 Goblin Warlock
Such a great idea came to my mind, dunno if its mentioned before as i havnt been reading all the pages.

What if LFR just doesnt drop any loot AT ALL.
As many have stated, LFR is here for casuals to see endgame content.

Raiders complain they have to raid LFR to get the improvements.

Just make LFR without loots so casuals see the endgame and raiders dont have to go there for improvements.

Reward for the casuals to complete LFR is seeing the endgame stuff.

If thats not enough reward then the statement is incorrect from a casual player ''i payed for the game so i have to see the endgame aswel''
Should be made to ''i want free loot''
Reply Quote
85 Worgen Death Knight
01/08/2012 11:04Posted by Tangled

Im sure i speak for most in this forum/thread. We post on low lvl,cause you have this weirdos coming stalk you in game

I'd love to have a stalker or 2 ingame :D
Reply Quote
85 Orc Warrior
I agree with the guys that said lfr should have lockout . OH you say your a casual then you won't have a problem with that right? as you don't have time to play the game... Seriously this would make things better.

And btw why are casuals hating hardcore raiders and sometimes softcore raiders because they are a minority but when they offend the casuals they start crying?
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Warrior
It was nerfed so everyone could do it before MoP.

If your raid are good you can just do heroic and still outgear everyone.
Reply Quote
90 Goblin Warlock
Posted by Draztal
And why are they wrong on that thought? On which basis should someone think that he can not see the content even if he's willing to pay the subscription for it?

I also don't get this, nobody complaints about games such as Call of Duty X or God of War Y, where everybody is entitled regardless of skill level to beat this game. If normal is to hard for your than you can switch to easy and still kill the end boss. I can't understand how people are saying that subscribers are not entitled to enjoy the game as much as possible at least on easy mode, what the heck, i'm no God of War Pro and i'd not buy that game if the last Act was only unlocked when played on the hardest difficulty.
Reply Quote
85 Orc Warrior
Such a great idea came to my mind, dunno if its mentioned before as i havnt been reading all the pages.

What if LFR just doesnt drop any loot AT ALL.
As many have stated, LFR is here for casuals to see endgame content.

Just make LFR without loots so casuals see the endgame and raiders dont have to go there for improvements.

Reward for the casuals to complete LFR is seeing the endgame stuff.

If thats not enough reward then the statement is incorrect from a casual player ''i payed for the game so i have to see the endgame aswel''
Should be made to ''i want free loot''

As i wrote just 4 post above you the other guy said I am a subscriber and i am entitled to see the endgame contest , then another guy said make lfr gear same or lower than the last tier then that guy answer with no we need better gear or else noone would do lfr.............
conclusion:They just want free gear and their excuse is the end game contest
Reply Quote
01/08/2012 11:13Posted by Weasol

They don't, really. The set bonuses are there in normal and heroic as well, and the item level is even higher.

Actually, in Mists of Pandaria, each new LFR tier will have an increased minimum ilevel requirement, so there'll be a natural progression path as the expansion goes on. This means that players will start running Heroic dungeons in order to gear up to hit the minimum ilevel for the first tier of LFR, then get gear from this first LFR tier to access the second, and so on.

However, it won't be mandatory to go through the LFR system if you're raiding normal or Heroic raids.

And since you'll probably ask, I'll answer pre-emptively, at this moment the developers are not ready to talk about possible 5-man Heroic dungeons with higher requirements that might come in future Mists of Pandaria patches.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]